28 posts
  • 3 / 3
 by CanuckRightWinger
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Haden, my Cascadia neighbour!
Seeing Perez's paltry production in the final PreSeason game, and then "trying to listen between the lines" when McVay was commenting on the performance of the Texas A&M Commerce product's outing versus the Saints, I kinda got the feeling from McVay's PostGame Presser that it was gonna be Adios Muchacho! for Luis Perez. :? To me, it just sounded like kind and overly-polite coachspeak from McVay.....but lacking any concrete praise or committment. I dunno....to me the Luis NiceStory,ButDud! Perez
experiment looked over....

but I will be the first to recognize that effective legal minds usually possess acute listening skills.....so I would welcom your input on this sir. ;) I mean, given my impressions of McVay's meh reaction (in my mind) regarding Perez's showing in New Orleans, I was genuinely surprised that the Rams braintrust stashed him on the PS.....especially when we already were carrying THREE, count'em...Goff, Mannion and Allen as QBs. :?

Anyway...
Lemme know your thoughts Spokane. 8-)

CRW

by Haden
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   2134  
United States of America   Spokane, WA
RFU Survivor Champ

I find Perez interesting. Maybe McVay thinks he is a great kid and is throwing him a bone of being on the practice squad for a week or two before he gets cut. That could certainly be the case. If he stays, I think we will all immediately know that McVay thinks he has found a diamond in the rough. Time will tell Canuck, but I find this somewhat intriguing. (If he gets cut, all intrigue will be out the door. HaHa.)

by RamsFanSince82
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

Goodbye, Aaron Neary

Aaron Neary, a center on the Rams' practice squad, was arrested Sunday by the Simi Valley Police Department on suspicion of driving under the influence and hit and run, a police department spokesperson said. Neary blew a .17 on a breathalyzer test, twice the legal limit of .08, the spokesperson said. Neary was booked into the Ventura County Jail in Thousand Oaks. Neary was with the Rams through training camp and the preseason before he was cut. The Rams signed him to the practice squad last week. He spent most of last season on the practice squad, but started in a Week 17 game against the 49ers. Neary was an undrafted free agent out of Eastern Washington in 2016.

by Hacksaw
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Just in time for Ficken.

by RamsFanSince82
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

Neary isn't on the roster, so dropping him from the practice squad doesn't open up a spot for Ficken.

by CanuckRightWinger
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Plus, besides the one roster spot we need for accommodating PK Sam GZ'sUnderstudy Ficken we need a second roster spot ASAP for Jamon MySuspension'sOver! Brown, who is due back this week.

So when Los Ramos cut 2 value-players off the 53-man Roster sometime this week (Brandon Allen, Johnny Muntz, Justin Davis??) and jettison them into The Waiver Wire Wilderness....I assume we need a coupla PS spots to try to recapture them back into Los Ramos fold, no?

BOTTOMLINE? Aaron WatchMeDo10TequilasInARow! Neary picked a bad day to drive drunk!!! :oops2:

by Hacksaw
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

RamsFanSince82 wrote:Neary isn't on the roster, so dropping him from the practice squad doesn't open up a spot for Ficken.

oh yeah. It felt wrong typing that.
And as Canuck mentioned we need to make more room. I doubt teams will pass on as many waived Rams as in the past.

• 3 / 3
28 posts Apr 18 2024