475 posts
  • 2 / 48
 by /zn/
5 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   6784  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

RedAlice wrote:I always smile when a fan says I am good with that. Or I agree with that. Or I have no complaints.

Really, who cares?????

We are fans. We are not controlling this.

We;re talking to each other, not the team. It's all just one big ongoing informal poll.

Which I might add, us fans being fans, includes a lot of complaints.

by RedAlice
5 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

/zn/ wrote:We;re talking to each other, not the team. It's all just one big ongoing informal poll.

Which I might add, us fans being fans, includes a lot of complaints.

I know. I just am amused by comments when it’s: I am ok if the team does this.

The team isn’t asking you or us.

Just my little amusement on how some state their opinions.

I like to discuss and react. I don’t consider my opinion to matter as to what the team does.

by /zn/
5 years 9 months ago
Hall of Fame

RedAlice wrote: I don’t consider my opinion to matter as to what the team does.

No one does. You're just reading something a quirky way. No one is talking to the team. We're just telling each other how we "vote."

So for example if the team cut Goff tomorrow, I would have a complaint. But that's not aimed at the team. Just sharing with others what I think. Which is all anyone is ever doing. I do know what you mean in this sense. There always some ways of putting things that strike others as odd. So for example, I am not one of those who says "we" in talking about the team. Like, "we will be in the playoffs this year." It's fine when someone else does it, and I don't pay much attention if they do, but it sounds strange to my ear so I don't do it.

by /zn/
5 years 9 months ago
Hall of Fame

Horny Mcbae wrote:I like how the tide is slowly turning from "Pay the Man" to "whats the hold up Aaron?".

Pay the man.

8-)

by Flash
5 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   1207  
United States of America   Houston
Pro Bowl

AD is 27. If the Rams franchise him the next two years he'll be an unrestricted FA at the age of 30. How many teams will be willing to pay him as the highest paid defensive player at that age and at what amount of guaranteed money?

Is AD the type to not perform to his best ability if he is franchised...I think not so that may be the way this all plays out. Hope I'm wrong and that he signs a long term deal soon!

by AvengerRam
5 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

If you look at AD's Twitter page, its mostly clips of him working out. Seems like he's sending the message, to the team and to fans, that he'll be ready to roll when the contract stuff is worked out.

by rams74
5 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   1488  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

AvengerRam wrote:If you look at AD's Twitter page, its mostly clips of him working out. Seems like he's sending the message, to the team and to fans, that he'll be ready to roll when the contract stuff is worked out.

To me, that message is obscured by the other message he's sending, that this holdout and contract impasse is on him.

by Elvis
5 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   38705  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

I thought maybe there was a bit of a revolt brewing among young superstars on their first contracts, with the CBA coming, over guaranteed contracts that might hold things up, guys like Gurley, Donald, Bell.

But with Gurley signing, apparently with a lot of guaranteed money, i think that bodes well for a Donald deal getting done...

by phoenixrising
5 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   820  
United States of America   Arroyo Grande, CA
Veteran

Zen_Ronin wrote:Personally I think this has more to do with"status" than actual dollars. AD wants to (and should) be the highest paid D-line man in the NFL. Well so does Kalil Mack. I think they're playing chicken with eachother. Once one signs, the other will sign within days for a few mil more.

A weird perspective I know, but it's one I've held for awhile now.

That would be faulty strategy from AD's standpoint. Mack is slated to make ~$14 mil (due to higher draft status) while AD is due ~$7 mil.

I certainly believe the Rams have offered to make AD the highest paid defensive player. I also believe if AD's side is asking over $25 mil per, the Rams are willing to milk 2 or 3 years out of him at a cut rate and let him walk--all the while paying lip service to constructive talks, blah, blah.

AD is taking a huge injury risk, plus the Rams would understandably want a concession for tearing up the low cost contract. AD doesn't seem like a huge ego guy, so I gotta believe it's the agent seeking notoriety. Of course agents are easy targets.

So that's my conjecture.

by Ramsdude
5 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   1071  
United States of America   Pa.
Pro Bowl

phoenixrising wrote:That would be faulty strategy from AD's standpoint. Mack is slated to make ~$14 mil (due to higher draft status) while AD is due ~$7 mil.

I certainly believe the Rams have offered to make AD the highest paid defensive player. I also believe if AD's side is asking over $25 mil per, the Rams are willing to milk 2 or 3 years out of him at a cut rate and let him walk--all the while paying lip service to constructive talks, blah, blah.

AD is taking a huge injury risk, plus the Rams would understandably want a concession for tearing up the low cost contract. AD doesn't seem like a huge ego guy, so I gotta believe it's the agent seeking notoriety. Of course agents are easy targets.

So that's my conjecture.

All good points phoenixrising. I tend to agree it's more about AD's agent being greedy here. Unfortunately, AD will take the heat for that.

• 2 / 48
475 posts May 13 2024