• 1 / 1
 by AvengerRam
6 years 4 days ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Michael Dieter (cue the Mike Myers/Sprokets references), C, Wisconsin

Why?

Well, Dieter is a guy who probably will be slotted in the late first round. For example... pick #32, which I hope the Rams will have!

Also, if the Rams' top priority is a center (to replace John Sullivan, either immediately or within 2 years), that would mean that:

1. Andrew Whitworth is still going strong (he's signed through 2019)
2. The young LBs played well enough that the Rams won't need to use a first rounder to "fix" the position; and
3. The Rams have retained guys like Suh, Cooks and Joyner (or found suitable replacements in free agency).

Plus, I've always felt like, if you want a quality OL, you need to look to the Big 10 (or Notre Dame).

by AvengerRam
6 years 4 days ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Yeah... a bit early, no doubt.

Probably should have posted this in the draft forum, though it was intended as a list of things that concern me (Whitworth's age, LBs, potential short-timers) that I hope cease to be issues.

by ramsman34
6 years 3 days ago
 Total posts:   8667  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

AvengerRam wrote:Michael Dieter (cue the Mike Myers/Sprokets references), C, Wisconsin

Why?

Well, Dieter is a guy who probably will be slotted in the late first round. For example... pick #32, which I hope the Rams will have!

Also, if the Rams' top priority is a center (to replace John Sullivan, either immediately or within 2 years), that would mean that:

1. Andrew Whitworth is still going strong (he's signed through 2019)
2. The young LBs played well enough that the Rams won't need to use a first rounder to "fix" the position; and
3. The Rams have retained guys like Suh, Cooks and Joyner (or found suitable replacements in free agency).

Plus, I've always felt like, if you want a quality OL, you need to look to the Big 10 (or Notre Dame).

STANADU!!! love that. Used to love RUSH a lot more until some piece of shit from Montreal, and a huge RUSH fan did some very personal and very fucked up shit to me. Nonetheless - GREAT name for the new palace. And if I get his Montreal ass on the ice....well, payback is a bitch - open ice style.

Thanks for the allowance of my rant.

by aeneas1
6 years 3 days ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

i don't think i'll ever get the "draft a center in the first round" approach... last season's top scoring offense fielded an undrafted center, while the second and third ranked scoring offenses fielded centers drafted in the 6th round. the gsot rams (1999-2001)? two undrafted centers... the packers haven't fielded a center drafted earlier than the 5th round since rodgers took over for favre, yet rank 3rd best in offensive scoring since that time.. if you can't get a 3rd round or later guy to play the position sufficiently well, maybe it's time to look at the oline coach?

by Elvis
6 years 3 days ago
 Total posts:   38885  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Not since Bern Brostek, don't think i see us taking a center in the first round either, plus we just drafted Brian Allen who the Rams have had their eye on since, at least, the East West Shrine game...

• 1 / 1
6 posts Jun 16 2024