492 posts
  • 1 / 50
 by Elvis
6 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   38377  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/03/03/b ... d-stadium/

Bonsignore: Rams and Chargers to begin premium club seat sales for new Inglewood stadium

An artist’s rendering of premium club facilities to be offered in the new NFL stadium under construction in Inglewood. (Photo courtesy of HKS Architects)

By VINCENT BONSIGNORE | vbonsignore@scng.com | Daily News
PUBLISHED: March 3, 2018 at 3:38 pm | UPDATED: March 3, 2018 at 4:18 pm

Of the many vital talents required by the job that’s consumed Mark Williams for more than 25 years, a vivid imagination is as imperative as any.

As one of the leaders in his field, and certainly the genius behind the handful of spectacular NFL stadiums that have sprung to life across America the last two decades, the ability to simply close his eyes and visualize original, state-of-the-art magnificence is among his gifts.

And so it is that Williams, the chief architect of the $2.6 billion Los Angeles Stadium at Hollywood Park that the Rams and Chargers will one day call home, will sometimes close his eyes and let his imagination run free.

He’s been doing a lot of that ever since his company — HKS Architects — was chosen by Rams owner Stan Kroenke to design a stadium many are predicting will re-set the bar on multi-purpose NFL venues, while redefining the sports landscape of the second-biggest market in the country.

And when he does, it’s as if the stadium literally comes to life. From the grand entrance to the opulent suites and bars and restaurants to sitting in mid-level seats at the 50-yard-line watching the Rams and Chargers play, the inside of Williams’ head is a virtual reality.

“It’s very interesting because, and I’ve been this way a long time, I can close my eyes and walk through this building and I’m pretty confident I know what it’s like,” Williams said.

But as bright and vibrant and realistic as those moments might be, Williams knows a key element is missing. Which is why, like an expectant father, he is counting off the days until his creation officially opens its doors to a city that’s waited nearly 100 years for a state-of-the-art football stadium to be built.

“One of the greatest days for me is the day I watch more than 70,000 people walk into that stadium and watch their faces and see the understanding that it’s actually here. This is our home. This place is incredible,” Williams said. “Because the memories that happen in these buildings are life-long memories.”

That day is drawing close and closer. And while the Rams and Chargers bide their time over the 2018 and 2019 seasons at the Coliseum and StubHub Center, respectfully, real and tangible momentum is building on their eventual new home.

From the on-going construction along Prairie and Century Boulavards to the actual connection fans are making to the building.

Suite sales have been brisk since hitting the market seven months ago, and within a week or so the two teams will roll out pricing plans for 13,000 premium seats with club and premium area availability.

The club seating features access to 380,000 square feet of premium space, 250,000 square feet of club space, 20 total premium experiences, 12 clubs, four distinct VIP entrances and on-site parking.

In keeping with the L.A.-centric theme of the entire building and surrounding entertainment and retail district, Williams and his team tapped into LA’s indoor-outdoor style of living and entertainment to provide patrons with lush exterior spaces that flow into luxurious interiors with views of plush landscaping and the playing field.

“It all starts with the very deep dive we do on the research we do, not only the area we are going to do the venue, but the league, the team, the way people in that area live and try to understand the true DNA of wherever the stadium is that we’re building,” Williams said. “We take a lot of time upfront to understand where we’re at, what we’re doing and how that translates to a multi-purpose NFL venue.”

All the more expansive considering the last football stadium built in Los Angeles is the nearly 100-year-old Coliseum, the NFL had not been in Los Angeles for more than two decades, and the motivation to capture one of the most diverse cities in the world.

“It starts with what is the right thing to do in one of the most incredible markets not only in the United States but, arguably, the planet,” Williams said. “So that deep dive that we did, a number of things rose to the top, one of those things being the diversity of Los Angeles, the people and how they live. That was very important to us. We strove to make the venue as authentic Los Angeles as we could.”

Such as the whole indoor-outdoor lifestyle and mentality of Los Angeles, a vital component to the premium club seats that will go on sale soon.

“If you go to a lot of homes and public spaces and restaurants and hotels and hotel lobbies, there’s just a lot of public buildings in Los Angeles where the indoor-outdoor mentality and the indoor-outdoor configuration is the DNA of the region.

Williams believes that element is conveyed in the new stadium, starting with the actual approach to the building across landscaped paths and entryways, a covered roof that opens to the sky but protects from direct sunlight and whatever weather elements might be in play, and a wide array of viewing and seating options that will accommodates fans with the most opulent and exclusive tastes (and bank accounts), to the average fan simply interested in watching a game and enjoying a hot dog and soda.

And a price range that reflect those extremes.

The grand opening is still more than 24 months away. But momentum is growing by the day.

by Elvis
6 years 3 weeks ago
Administrator

For some reason i'm always fascinated by the people they put in these renderings. No doubt there's a science to it and classes taught about how to do it for the best effect...

by Elvis
6 years 3 weeks ago
Administrator

BuiltRamTough wrote:I think that’s Shane Gray.

LOL, i know if i was in charge of putting people in these renderings, i'd throw Shaner in there...

by BuiltRamTough
6 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   5357  
Armenia   Los Angeles
Hall of Fame

Just received this email.

Dear, Mr. Big Balls

GET READY TO MAKE HISTORY WITH US.
We are pleased to announce the official launch of the LA Stadium premium seating selection process exclusively for current Season Ticket Members. Arriving in 2020, this world-class stadium will be the home of your
Los Angeles Rams. This transformative project, coupled with our team under Coach McVay’s leadership, will be a powerful combination for years to come and we could not be more excited about the future for the Rams and our fans.
BECAUSE OF YOUR COMMITMENT TO THE RAMS.
As a current Season Ticket Member, you will receive the opportunity to be among the first to see what is in store for Rams fans, preview the new stadium, and choose your seats at our interactive showcase, the LA Stadium Premiere Center in Playa Vista.

Your experience at the Premiere Center will give you an immersive look at the sideline club seats, interior view of club lounges, and a deeper dive into the 298-acre sports and entertainment district that will redefine the NFL fan experience.

Over the next several months we will be connecting via email with all Rams Season Ticket Members about their opportunity to visit the Premiere Center and purchase premium seating at the new LA Stadium.

We will reach out to our fans in groups following the order in which you purchased your season tickets. You can expect an email a few days before your priority window with an introduction to your personal sales consultant, instructions on booking your appointment, and what to expect during your visit.

Once you are notified, please quickly book your appointment. You will have only one exclusive window to visit the Premiere Center and select your premium seats before the next group of season ticket members’ window opens.
THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING.
We are excited for you to learn more about our premium seating options. Premium seat holders will have a host of benefits at the new stadium. Amenities include the possibility of purchasing tickets for other sports and entertainment events at the stadium, VIP parking, access to numerous exclusive Club areas with LA-authentic dining experiences as well as wider, cushioned seats and extraordinary sightlines.

However, this is just the first phase in the seating process. Over the next year, we will make available the remaining seats and will provide a wide range of options for our fans across the entire venue.
KEEP A LOOKOUT IN YOUR INBOX FOR YOUR INVITATION.
We look forward to seeing you at the Premiere Center for your first look at the LA Stadium and Entertainment District. Welcome to the future of sports, entertainment and your Los Angeles Rams!

by BuiltRamTough
6 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   5357  
Armenia   Los Angeles
Hall of Fame

“However, this is just the first phase in the seating process. Over the next year, we will make available the remaining seats and will provide a wide range of options for our fans across the entire venue.”

So they’re selling premium seats/suites/clubs first. I’ll pass on that and just wait on the regular seats.

• 1 / 50
492 posts Mar 28 2024