492 posts
  • 38 / 50
 by RamsFanSince82
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

Re the price difference between Rams tickets vs. Charger tickets. Isn't there a big price difference between Laker tickets vs. Clipper tickets (even when the Lakers are bad and the Clippers are good)?

by Nick Douglas
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   48  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Undrafted Free Agent

Fire407 wrote:The SSL prices for the Chargers are unacceptable to me. The Chargers need to either raise their prices close to the Rams, or move out of the stadium. I can't believe the league is OK with one team in the market practically giving away their seats while another team is charging as much as 10 times more. These prices will decrease the value of the Rams SSLs. The casual fan will realize it is a much better value to see the Chargers play the Patriots, Packers, and Cowboys in the same stadium where attending a Rams game against these opponents is going to cost a whole lot more. I didn't buy SSLs as an investment, but I also don't think it's right for the league to make us lose so much value. While some here may say, it's just the Chargers and they don't compare to the Rams, it's still NFL football and if the Chargers put together a Super Bowl year when the Rams are down, then their popularity will grow and the people that bought the cheap SSLs are going to be reaping big rewards. We need to discourage the league and Stan and LASED from letting this go forward.

Look at where the money goes, and you’ll see why:

-Ticket, parking, gameday advertising, & single team suite revenue goes to each team.

Chargers non-Club tickets are lower than Rams’, but not that much lower.

-Club seat ticket money gets shared with the League, and gets used to pay off the G-4 stadium loans ($200M per team).

Chargers & Rams charge almost the same amount for Club seats. Club seat ticket prices for EVERY team have to be approved by the NFL.

-SSL money pays off the stadium. *If* (and this is a big IF) the stadium itself ever turns a profit (from SSLs, naming rights, non-Chargers/Rams event, etc.), then the Rams & Chargers each get 18.75% of that.

So, where’s the incentive for the Chargers to ask their fans to pay $1,000 for an SSL in the 400 or 500 level, where you’re so far from the field you’ll probably be watching the game on the video board? Chargers may never see a dime of that money, anyway.

by BuiltRamTough
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   5357  
Armenia   Los Angeles
Hall of Fame

:?
RamsFanSince82 wrote:Re the price difference between Rams tickets vs. Charger tickets. Isn't there a big price difference between Laker tickets vs. Clipper tickets (even when the Lakers are bad and the Clippers are good)?

Correct.

The Chargers are the Clippers of football.

by Zen_Ronin
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   2036  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

In my mind, the only sensible way to make up for the seat/PSL pricing difference (and it's a small gesture) would be to make concessions during Rams games dirt cheap, and up the price for Chargers games.

I know I can't speak for Stan, but I'd be pissed if the NFL forced me to take a team with me as a condition for my MULTI-BILLION DOLLAR business venture when I was MORE that capable of making things work on my own, only to have the team coming with me not just under perform but flat out fail.

And the idea that it's a minimum 20 years iron clad lease with no out?!?! Christ. Either the NFL has the best lawyers in the world or Stan needs better ones. That seems like such a vast oversight to me, I'm honestly stunned.

by RamsFan2016
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   72  
Practice Squad

I wonder how Rams SSL sales are doing nowadays? Things seem to have slowed down quite a bit. Will they hit their internal sales projections they had for end of 2018? End of 2019?

by Mr. Sparkle
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   952  
United States of America   Orange County Ca.
Veteran

Im sure the Chargers starting there giveaway/sale has hurt them. I bought mine and still feel a little cheated on the price difference. Could really drive away more casual or potential fans. But who knows! At least until 2020

by Elvis
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   38381  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

RamsFan2016 wrote:I wonder how Rams SSL sales are doing nowadays? Things seem to have slowed down quite a bit. Will they hit their internal sales projections they had for end of 2018? End of 2019?

I doubt we'll ever know for sure...

by RamsFan2016
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   72  
Practice Squad

Elvis wrote:I doubt we'll ever know for sure...

It seems like it has already slowed down in 2018. Anyone else buying Rams seats at the new stadium?

by lbheat
5 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   46  
United States of America   Hacienda Heights, Ca
Undrafted Free Agent

RamsFan2016 wrote:It seems like it has already slowed down in 2018. Anyone else buying Rams seats at the new stadium?

I think it did significantly.

I ended up buying 4 tickets for chargers as well in cheap $100/ssl section

by CardinalFan
5 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   110  
Practice Squad

lbheat wrote:I think it did significantly.

I ended up buying 4 tickets for chargers as well in cheap $100/ssl section

I ended up doing the same thing buying 4 seats for the Chargers but stayed in Premier. It’s only $20/ticket a game difference for where I was looking for Chargers 300 level so figured the lower level would be easier to sell and picked visitor side for resell as well.

• 38 / 50
492 posts Mar 28 2024