34 posts
  • 2 / 4
 by BobCarl
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   4283  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

snackdaddy wrote:This whole negotiation thing is skewed to one side. With Aaron Donald you've had a bargain and you want to pay him for what he has done as much as what he will do. With Tru they overpaid for two years but you won't get any of that back and you'll have to pay him for what he will do if you want to keep him. Someone else will overpay if you don't.

I blame both the Aaron Donald situation and the Tru situation on Jeff Fisher. Neither of these could be fixed properly last year, this year they can. Sadly it will somewhat hurt the depth of the team while the Rams are trying to add a few more piecess.

by Hacksaw
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Ramfan99 wrote:I am not a fan of him, because his mental approach to the game is not elite, in my opinion. For examples:
1. In Eagle game, he was called for taunting, led to Eagle score TD instead of of 4 and long. So dump foul at critical time. I could give him a break if he hit the Eagle guy hard and got called for a foul, but silly taunting, talking and he already got warning from the ref. Not when you got paid big time as an elite. Obviously, Eagle got the last laugh :(
2. Before Falcon game, he bragged "I am one of the best covers" "Julio Jones is one of the best wide outs, blablabla... but I'm one of the best too". Why did this BEFORE the game!! Gave your opponent more fuel, more incentive to beat you . If he wanted, he could do it AFTER the game and we beat the Falcons. Falcons and Julio Jones got the last laugh :(
Same mistakes repeatedly and did not learn! If I was the RAMS GM, I would not put him in the team, much less a starter, and much less paying him elite money.

Welcome to RFU Ramsfan99.

While I agree that you should let the play speak for itself, that taunting call in the Eagles game was between friends and they had already turned their back and were walking away, The ref stunk that one up big time...

Also, iirc, had the ref not given the Iggles new downs, Wentz doesn't get hurt. Not that his injury hurt their outcome..
Which brings me back to ,, is Wentz really that great, or did he just play on a great team?

by /zn/
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   6758  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

BobCarl wrote:I blame both the Aaron Donald situation and the Tru situation on Jeff Fisher. Neither of these could be fixed properly last year, this year they can. Sadly it will somewhat hurt the depth of the team while the Rams are trying to add a few more piecess.

Fisher didn't write the contracts though, just as McVay doesn't now.

by Elmgrovegnome
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   624  
Veteran

BobCarl wrote:He makes a very good fit into Phillip's defense. He hasn't been an attention whore and I can't stand CBs that are. I prefer they sign him too, and I think they will.

... but I don't want him at $13 mill, though he will probably get it.

There are a lot of teams well under the cap this year. We will see worse corners than Tru getting 13 million a year. His length is going to create a demand for his services with so many tall receivers in the league. I really don't see a better option in free agency. If they don't sign him then it is either a trade and a rookie if Webster isn't ready, and I wouldn't count on him being ready. That is not ideal for a team trying to return to the playoffs.

A few years ago Janoris was paid what seemed like an absurd amount and one year later he seemed like a bargain.

by BobCarl
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   4283  
Superstar

/zn/ wrote:Fisher didn't write the contracts though, just as McVay doesn't now.

literally writing the contracts I agree with you ... but I believe he had a huge impact when it comes to being involved in the decisions to allocate funds to specific players or positions

by /zn/
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   6758  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

BobCarl wrote:literally writing the contracts I agree with you ... but I believe he had a huge impact when it comes to being involved in the decisions to allocate funds to specific players or positions

I think that statement's fair...but there are footnotes. In terms of having a huge impact, he mostly did, and to an extent he didn't. He wanted Jenkins and they didn't get him. He wanted Donald signed, just as McVay does, and that hasn't happened yet. He wanted Cook and Britt, and unfortunately, got both. He wanted guys like Hayes too and that worked out better.

by safer
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   1275  
Pro Bowl

I've read Akeb Taleb of Broncos will, for sure, be realized due to the cap. Let's get him for a couple of years while we draft more talent there.

by snackdaddy
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   9631  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

safer wrote:I've read Akeb Taleb of Broncos will, for sure, be realized due to the cap. Let's get him for a couple of years while we draft more talent there.

He's an elite corner. There will probably be a bidding war for his services. The Rams don't typically get into those bidding wars for players. He's 32 years old. Chances are whoever wins the bidding war will have to sign him to deal that will take him past his effectiveness in age. If they're willing to pay top dollar Trumaine Johnson would probably be the better option long term.

• 2 / 4
34 posts Mar 28 2024