34 posts
  • 3 / 4
 by Elvis
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   38377  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

BobCarl wrote:As a kid, George of the Jungle was one of my favorite cartoons.

I have definitely never fully gotten that song out of my head...

by TomSlick
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   2907  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

Elvis wrote:I have definitely never fully gotten that song out of my head...

...or the visuals...an old car going up a ramp over a "barn"...two locomotives speeding towards each other...

Some great cartoons back then.

I'm guessing "Go-go gophers" and "Krazy Kat" wouldn't fly by today's standards.

by TomSlick
6 years 1 month ago
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

Bullwinkle, Mr. Peabody (man, do I love that arrogant pooch), can't forget my main man Tom Slick and the Thunderbolt Grease-slapper, Fractured Fairy Tales, Hot Wheels cartoon, ...

by TomSlick
6 years 1 month ago
Superstar

Of course, the most authentic cartoon...Jonny Quest. Great sound effects: gun fire, machine gun fire, bombs exploding, doors blown apart, avalanches, etc. The sound effects were spot on.

The black mechanical spider with legs that fold up into a small round body...creepy.

by TomSlick
6 years 1 month ago
Superstar

Elvis wrote:Anyone mention Mr. Wizard and the turtle yet?

You would think Tudor the turtle would be quite satisfied with his life given that he can walk on two legs, speak English, wear a vest and look quite stylish wearing his fedora hat. Sadly, no.

Mr. Wizard the lizard must admonish Tudor all the time..."Alvays, alvays, remember Tudor, be happy which you is, and not which you is not, for those that are happy which is, is the happiest lot."

The above quote is from memory. My apologies to Webster's dictionary and every English and Creative Writing teacher that ever had the displeasure of my presence in their classroom. Though, Miss Lipman, if you are out there somewhere, please note that you were my favorite English teacher of all time and a damn fine looking woman to a lot of high school boys.

by Elvis
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   38377  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

I can remember part of the poem to bring him home: Toil and trouble.....Time for this one to come home, something like that...

by TomSlick
6 years 1 month ago
Superstar

That's the way I remember it as well.

Tudor really pushed the limit on the number of favors one should ask of another. Mr. Wizard should have dumped Tudor into his caldron and made a nice stew.

It was a good cartoon, and somewhat educational on the various professions in society, on a long list of enjoyable programming for kids, no doubt.

• 3 / 4
34 posts Mar 28 2024