75 posts
  • 8 / 8
 by Hacksaw
6 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Rams the Legends live on wrote:Hack ya got a link for that article? Is interesting if she said that to her kids. For one she knew Stan had first right of refusal. The theory has oft been that Stan planned to move the Rams all along which I have never bought into cause to me I have seen the situation as more organic.

However if she was worried about the team going back and Stan had first right of refusal may mean she knew ahead of time that was his plan. So would be curious to read what ya have and see what I can glean from it.

I'm still looking for the article with the exact verbiage I paraphrased. This first article below alludes to it. It was back in 2008 when she was dying iirc.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=4904863
ST. LOUIS -- Rumors that the St. Louis Rams were being sold have been rampant the past couple of years, raising concerns that the franchise would end its recent sad-sack run with a move out of town.

The Rams announced Thursday that its majority owners have indeed agreed to sell their stake, but to a potential buyer within driving distance -- and one who doesn't want to relocate the once-proud franchise.

If approved by a 75 percent vote of NFL owners, Chip Rosenbloom and Lucia Rodriguez, the children of the late Rams owner Georgia Frontiere, will sell their 60 percent stake to Shahid Khan, the 55-year-old president of an auto parts manufacturer, Flex-N-Gate, in Urbana, Ill. 2

"Today is a tremendously exciting day, I think, for the organization," said Kevin Demoff, Rams executive vice president of football operations and chief operating officer. "Whether or not the sale to a prospective buyer goes through I think it reaffirms to everybody the commitment this club has to St. Louis and our belief in this marketplace."

This is her obituary. Somewhat interesting read if your into that sort of thing.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/19/obitu ... tiere.html
“St. Louis is my hometown, and I brought my team here to start a new dynasty,” The St. Petersburg Times quoted her as saying about moving the Rams, who had been in Southern California for nearly a half century. “In my early days, I thought I’d become a big opera star in Europe. Now, by bringing the city an N.F.L. team, I’m doing something that truly will make St. Louis proud.”

by Hacksaw
6 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

This is GF's bothers take...

Irwin, too, waits in anticipation.

"The smartest thing they could do is move the Rams back because they have a fan base that won't quit," Irwin said. "I'm like every other fan — I want them close so I can go to the games every year."

https://www.desertsun.com/story/news/20 ... /24078293/

by moklerman
6 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Totally agreed.

The GSOT team was built on years of suckage. Very similar to what is happening now.
A genius offensive mind came in and turned that team around overnight. Very similar to what is happening now.
But that team then couldn't sustain it. Why? As you stated. A bunch of nincompoops were running the joint. They let Vermiel (temporarily) retire. Then they chose to move the genius out of his strength and gave him more control.

The difference today is that our current genius is capable of running a solid team and he looks to be in it for the long haul.

We are getting a 2nd chance,, so here's to the current brass being "heads and shoulders" better than that older one.
As much as Martz had going for him in terms of innovation and personnel, I think he had just as much or more working against him behind the scenes. From incompetence to dysfunction to back-stabbing. Martz was a genius and could have been a good HC had the Rams not been such an organizational mess.

In a way, it was the worst thing possible for that group to be handed the overnight success. It was not ready for it and probably not capable of handling it.

by Rams the Legends live on
6 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   1987  
United States of America   Colorado Springs
Pro Bowl

Hacksaw wrote:I'm still looking for the article with the exact verbiage I paraphrased. This first article below alludes to it. It was back in 2008 when she was dying iirc.

Thanks bro much appreciated, now to do some reading.

by dieterbrock
6 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

St. Loser Fan wrote:Try other not-so-nice Rams message boards and social media accounts besides this place. There was plenty of it.

Well I don’t give a shit about those places, I only care about here. Spread your nonsense with them, not here

• 8 / 8
75 posts May 18 2024