by Elvis
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   38914  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

After this week's action:

Bradford has a passer rating of 83.7
And Foles is at 77.6

My take has always been that between Foles, Bradford and Sanchez, whichever QB played for Kelly would have a better season than whoever played for Fisher/Cignetti. Any combination of the three, doesn't matter, just seems to me it's baked into the cake.

But Bradford and Foles are making a battle of it...

by Hacksaw_64
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   2686  
United States of America   Inglewood, CA

Granted the OL and the recievers played bad, but Foles played just as bad against GB. A real head scratcher. I will credit him for his toughness though. Holy hell! How many times is this guy going to bounce back up from vicious hits?

by Elvis
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   38914  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

It's the old catch 22, when Foles make a play under pressure, like the chest pass, he's great. When he tries to make a play while getting hit and the throw comes up short and is picked, he's an idiot. It's a fine line, definitely sucks when you're on the wrong side of it...

by bluecoconuts
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   273  
Ireland   LA Coliseum
Rookie

Bradford is the better QB, it was all about the health. Personally I would have rather kept Sam.

by dieterbrock
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Great players make great plays. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander. Foles sucked yesterday. The o-line was terrible for Gurley too but he made the plays
I like the kid but am a Rams fan first and foremost. If he cant cut it, I'd say move on. On the flip side, I definately feel he won 2 games for us that "the other guy" wouldnt have....

by max
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   5591  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

I know I don't want Bradford. I've seen enough of his game to know he's not the guy I want QBing my team over the long haul.

I'm not sure about Foles yet. I'm concerned about him not protecting the ball, and why that keeps happening to him. Can he get better? I need to watch him after the bye for at least 5 more games.

by Stranger
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   3213  
United States of America   Norcal
Superstar

Hacksaw_64 wrote:Granted the OL and the recievers played bad, but Foles played just as bad against GB. A real head scratcher. I will credit him for his toughness though. Holy hell! How many times is this guy going to bounce back up from vicious hits?

I really think Matthews' illegal-and-dirty-spear and drive-to-the-dirt-with-the-crown-of-his-helmet had a lot to do with Foles' play yesterday.

by moklerman
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

59/89(66.3%) 560(6.3 ypa) 2TD(2.2%)/4INT(4.5%) 72.3 rating
61/101(60.4%) 521(5.2 ypa) 6TD(5.9%)/2INT(2.0%) 85.5 rating

Bradford's first two starts vs his last three. Kind of weird. His completion % and yards per attempt declined but his TD/INT ratio went from 1/2 to 3/1. I don't know if much can really be taken from the numbers.

I do know that Bradford didn't really have a good game yesterday even though the numbers turned out okay. Two red zone picks aren't going to get it done against most other opponents. But, for some reason I think those are picks that he's going to have to endure as part of becoming less conservative. So, the good is that he was taking shots in the end zone, the bad is that a couple got picked.

Something else I think is yesterday reminded me a bit of Foles in general. How many times for the Eagles would he overcome turnovers and ultimately win the game? That's what yesterday's game reminded me of. Bradford screwed up early but finished strong. It wasn't a dramatic victory or anything but he just kept slingin' it and the Eagles rolled.

by Hacksaw_64
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   2686  
United States of America   Inglewood, CA

max wrote:I know I don't want Bradford. I've seen enough of his game to know he's not the guy I want QBing my team over the long haul.

I'm not sure about Foles yet. I'm concerned about him not protecting the ball, and why that keeps happening to him. Can he get better? I need to watch him after the bye for at least 5 more games.

agreed

by ramsman34
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   8671  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Sadly, I don't know if either is good enough to get to the playoffs with their current team/situation, let alone win a SB.

• 1 / 7
61 posts Jun 28 2024