34 posts
  • 1 / 4
 by max
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   5591  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

Had Vinny B on today. Roggin said he checked his reports.

Something's changed. Spanos won't deal with Kroenke, thinks he can win.

Spanos apparently has more owners in his corner. He's got the Committee for sure.

by TSFH Fan
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   699  
United States of America   The OC
Veteran

Whew! Last Friday, I noticed that we hadn't had any anti-Inglewood Friday stuff for a while. viewtopic.php?t=529

I was worried that the NFL was abandoning that part of their controlled media cycle. Now we have this! All is as it should be.

Well, we already heard that Spanos did NOT have the committee (the 4-1-1 report) and that Kroenke DID have the owners. Guess this story is supposed to move the pendulum.

Spanos won't deal with Kroenke -- really since Fake Carson Stadium is a fake and Spanos' goal is to wring the best deal possible out of SD, Spanos has no need to waste Stan's time. Yes, yes, Spanos, reportedly, thinks he can win -- he also thinks he can win over the LA market and can equal the Raiders in popularity in LA . . . w/e. Oh yeah, and there was that "Raiders are a sleeping giant' ready to conquer LA stuff earlier.

If I wasn't so geared to hear anti-Inglewood stuff on Fridays, I could probably pretend to take this seriously. But all I can do is giggle.

by Hacksaw
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

TSFH, , I noticed the two articles today as well,,, this one and St Louis will you drunky and the NFL won't let them leave if they get the financing in order. Strong day for the opposition. Lol.

Doesn't sound reasonable that everyone would have changed their mind,, , , there was a meeting yesterday though.I

wish I shared your confidence in the owner and their committees righteousness and intelligence..

by Elvis
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   38885  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Well we haven't had a bad news Friday in a while. And coming from Roggin i'm not sure how easily dismissed this news is, but we'll see...

by Hacksaw
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Agreed Elvis. He's been championing his other scenario all along so for him to recant publicly is a bit alarming

by Stranger
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   3213  
United States of America   Norcal
Superstar

If Spanos won't deal with Stan, and Carson's a fake, then what's the likeliest scenario?

by BuiltRamTough
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   5357  
Armenia   Los Angeles
Hall of Fame

I don't buy it but that's just me. I pay attention to ever single bit of news just like you guys but I don't believe everything I hear. I don't even believe Fred Roggin bc he's only reporting what he's been told. These are the reasons why I'm so confident in Stan. There's actually only one reason and that is MONEY. Follow the money in a league/business that is all about money.

I guess I'm the Jerry Jones of this board.

It's been a week where the league doesn't know if it wants to put 2 teams in LA at the same time, the Raiders will be the odd man out, Dean won't talk to Stan, the "home" cities won't present in October, strong opposition from MO leg and delaying LA for another year.

This is what the NFL wants. The NFL wants everyone to keep on guessing and have HOPE. It's week 2. All 4 cities, keep the faith and get closer to a stadium deal by December. In the mean time to the fans, keep supporting the clubs.

Btw to add to the "news" this week, hour 3 of today's Fred Roggins show around the end he says he talked to people involved in Inglewood yesterday and they said everything is on schedule.

So ya...in the meantime let's cheer for our Rams this week and pay for Sunday ticket, pay for tickets, pay for GamePass and boost TV ratings. Bravo NFL.

by Stranger
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   3213  
United States of America   Norcal
Superstar

So, what we're seeing is a PR campaign built upon double-speak in order to keep everyone's wallets open for as long as possible... is that the drill? If so, it makes total sense.

Then the question becomes, what decisions have already really been made, and what are those decisions? But I double we'll know that 'cause we're not insiders.

by Elvis
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   38885  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

BuiltRamTough wrote:I don't buy it but that's just me. I pay attention to ever single bit of news just like you guys but I don't believe everything I hear. I don't even believe Fred Roggin bc he's only reporting what he's been told. These are the reasons why I'm so confident in Stan. There's actually only one reason and that is MONEY. Follow the money in a league/business that is all about money.

I guess I'm the Jerry Jones of this board.

It's been a week where the league doesn't know if it wants to put 2 teams in LA at the same time, the Raiders will be the odd man out, Dean won't talk to Stan, the "home" cities won't present in October, strong opposition from MO leg and delaying LA for another year.

This is what the NFL wants. The NFL wants everyone to keep on guessing and have HOPE. It's week 2. All 4 cities, keep the faith and get closer to a stadium deal by December. In the mean time to the fans, keep supporting the clubs.

Btw to add to the "news" this week, hour 3 of today's Fred Roggins show around the end he says he talked to people involved in Inglewood yesterday and they said everything is on schedule.

So ya...in the meantime let's cheer for our Rams this week and pay for Sunday ticket, pay for tickets, pay for GamePass and boost TV ratings. Bravo NFL.

I agree with you. But that's also pretty much Fred Roggin's line.

So either he's hearing from sources he trusts or he's going a little Dan Sileo on us.

And let's not forget, Kroenke can just up and move if he wants to. That's a card he's yet to play. It's his team, his land, his stadium, he doesn't really need anyone's approval or help. If that's what he's dead set on doing, who's really going to stop him? Considering the NFL's record in court, they'd find a way to get on board...

by BuiltRamTough
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   5357  
Armenia   Los Angeles
Hall of Fame

Stranger wrote:So, what we're seeing is a PR campaign built upon double-speak in order to keep everyone's wallets open for as long as possible... is that the drill? If so, it makes total sense.

Then the question becomes, what decisions have already really been made, and what are those decisions? But I double we'll know that 'cause we're not insiders.

If you ask my dad he thinks this is all a conspiracy theory. He says that this whole "mess" is for PR. Cause drama,mix it all together with 5 cities and when the accounment is made on LA the news coverage would be everywhere. Not just an isolated city. For example, if this was only LA and STL and STL got a stadium plan completed and the Rams moved anyway. That's not good the media coverage would "Rams left even though there was support and a stadium plan". This way the attention goes on everyone else. Another example, the Chargers move it would be oh well we had to move bc 25% of our support is in LA and we would lose leverage with SD with a team in LA.

• 1 / 4
34 posts Jun 17 2024