35 posts
  • 1 / 4
 by Hacksaw
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

The winds of change are reportedly blowing in the NFL's race to Los Angeles.

The Inglewood, Calif. stadium fronted by St. Louis Rams owner Stan Kroenke is now the league's preferred choice, according to both Bleacher Report's Jason Cole and Bernie Miklasz of 101 Sports in St. Louis.
Both reporters have been covering the NFL's relocation efforts closely. And now, both appear to believe that Kroenke's Rams are favored to relocate -- along with the San Diego Chargers.
The rumors indicate the NFL doesn't want any divisional turmoil. By excluding one AFC West-based team, the two conferences won't have to trade member teams.
For now, the Raiders appear as if they're the odd team out. Cole reports that the league doesn't think the Silver & Black can pay their share of a new Carson, Calif. home.
That might mean a return to the negotiating table in Oakland -- or, a second look at other cities like San Antonio.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/san- ... ium-090215

by Hacksaw
8 years 9 months ago

Chargers & Raiders on prime time in LA/OC. Don't remember this happening before. Rams . . . . . . .crickets. . . chirp

by TSFH Fan
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   699  
United States of America   The OC
Veteran

Fox always getting things mixed up.

The pairing is Rams-Chargers

[Edit: This story has the correct order:
Report: Rams and Chargers could team up in L.A.
http://www.wmur.com/sports/report-rams- ... a/35072852 ]

by dieterbrock
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

The NFL really needs to do some damage control here.
I thought this would simmer down once the season kicked off, but it really appears its only going to get worse.

by Hacksaw
8 years 9 months ago

dieterbrock wrote:The NFL really needs to do some damage control here.
I thought this would simmer down once the season kicked off, but it really appears its only going to get worse.

As the season starts and the off season hibernating fans wake up to the new season, I had a feeling the passion to keep the team would boil up to the surface. It's a major topic league wide now as opposed to as recently as last season.
As the deadlines draw nearer, the cities fighting to keep their teams should start making bigger noise in their attempt to stay relevant. I expect to hear a lot of noise from StL's task farce from here on in with the bombshell being their formal presentation to the league (world). I expect to hear more about how Carson is shovel ready and fixing the Cali problem.. Perception is almost everything so get ready for a ton of spin.

Fixing the California problem, LOL !! It's more like LA fixing two California teams problem, not the other way around.

by dieterbrock
8 years 9 months ago
Hall of Fame

If the Rams get off to a slow start, it will add to the apathy which is clearly growing stronger by the day
And I hate to say it, but seeing what they looked like in pre-season, I dont have very high hopes

by ramsman34
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   8671  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Wonder what happens week 3 when the Steelers come to town IF the RAMS beat Seattle then go on the road to beat the 'Skins?

Will Steelers fans fill half the dome if the RAMS are 2-0???

by Hacksaw
8 years 9 months ago

Game 1 is the hub. If the fans show up and so does the team then with a win in Wash, it will be a tougher ticket game 3. If the team lays an egg either or both games (agreed deiter) the train will derail in no time flat,,,, next stop, Los Angeleeze, Grand Central Station.

I remember the pre-internet attempts to rally the apathetic non believing LA Rams fans in 94. We saw how that worked..
Still preseason games are for diehards and the casual fan who want's to take in a pro game cheaper. The latter crowd was clearly affected. At least that is all I hope it is. As much as I'd like the team to call LA home again, I hate to see our brand sucking scum off the bottom with no witnesses this season. That's bad for player morale.

by bubbaramfan
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   1118  
United States of America   Carson Landfill
Pro Bowl

Player morale= reason Stan hired fisher? Experience in franchise move and how it affects player morale? Just wondering if that's just a coincidence....... :?:

by dieterbrock
8 years 9 months ago
Hall of Fame

If the Rams have a poor season and move to LA, I would expect a coaching change. Fisher would be due for an extension and I would think they'd want some splash in the new era

• 1 / 4
35 posts Jun 28 2024