171 posts
  • 16 / 18
 by Hacksaw
7 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

SWAdude wrote:I didn't hear this until the One on One was posted on the Rams site. Boy could I hear that there!

Coincidence or the power of mentorship. I hope he is who he is and not what he wants to be. Regardless, what an exciting HC grab. Yes, the splash promised.

That's a very good point. I think this kid did take something from Jon, but it's become him. Or is him. Cool hire. Sure hope the promise comes to fruition..

by aeneas1
7 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

BuiltRamTough wrote:..

ha ha, could they make wade look any older, yikes!

by RamsFanSince82
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

Andrew Whitworth enjoyed the 11 seasons he spent as a left tackle with the Cincinnati Bengals and coach Marvin Lewis.

However, his past two seasons with the Los Angeles Rams and coach Sean McVay have been special … and not only because of the great deal of success the team has enjoyed during that time.

‘I just get him and we kind of understand each other’

“It’s been invigorating,” Whitworth told Jim Miller and Pat Kirwan on Movin’ The Chains. “I obviously loved my time in Cincy, enjoyed it there and loved playing with Marvin and all the coaches there. But Sean and I have really hit it off. I just get him and we kind of understand each other.

“I think it’s just been fun to be with somebody and work with people that are just kind of like-minded in the way that you approach things on a daily basis, really just in life, much less football. I’m excited and pumped up to be here and it really reinvigorated me in my career.”

‘When I first started working with Sean, I would say he’s a lot like Nick Saban’

Whitworth sees a great deal of similarities between McVay and his former college coach at LSU, Nick Saban.

“When I first started working with Sean, I would say he’s a lot like Nick Saban,” Whitworth said. “People would always just kind of wonder what in the world is talking about, but it really comes down to an intensity and a focus that’s just unmatched every single day to every single detail that you just don’t think matters. … It really has become to us (on offense) about every practice rep, every walk-through rep, every single thing we do is about the process of exactly how that play goes, understand exactly how the defense should play it and exactly how we should block it, run it, catch it, motion it, all those things.

‘We just think of every play as exactly what it is in the process of getting it done’

“When we go on the field, we feel like as long as we do our job every play, there’s no way you’re stopping us and that’s our mentality. So we really don’t have to discuss anything about what should we do, run the ball more, throw the ball more. We just think of every play as exactly what it is in the process of getting it done. And that’s the only thing that matters to us.”

by SWAdude
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   2440  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Best thread bump in my interweb career.

Did everyone notice how many times I was certain that Sean was the best hire in the history of football and by mid 2018 we will be close to undefeated with our future MVP Head Coach and Goff was in the talk as elite?

I thought so.

What ever happened to Moklerman?

by aeneas1
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

RamsFanSince82 wrote:I enjoyed re-reading this thread.

if you muted the sound you would think those guys were talking about the latest routers...

by Hacksaw
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

aeneas1 wrote:ha ha, could they make wade look any older, yikes!

Of Yoda he reminds me.

• 16 / 18
171 posts Mar 28 2024