19 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by St. Loser Fan
7 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   10599  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

http://www.latimes.com/sports/rams/la-sp-rams-fisher-plaschke-20161129-story.html

After 11 games, the biggest problem with this four-win team is one of identity. They have may changed addresses, but, on the field, they haven’t changed cultures.

These aren’t the Los Angeles Rams. These are still the St. Louis Rams.

by actionjack
7 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   4084  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Thats comical, they were the SOSAR rams before they ever went to St Louis

by RedAlice
7 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

This is the most disturbing quote from that article --

In a separate interview Tuesday, Fisher also stood up to the questions, with answers that indicate he is impervious to the heat.

Worried about your job? “No, I’ve never been worried about my job, I’ve never been concerned about it,’’ he said.

Think your future depends on the last five games? “No, no, I don’t,’’ he said. “I have confidence in the organization. [Owner] Stan [Kroenke] and I are in a really good place, we know the direction we’re headed, he also appreciates and understands how difficult it had been from a moving standpoint, he understands that.’’

by HAL 9000
7 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1009  
United States of America   Jupiter
Pro Bowl

RedAlice wrote:we know the direction we’re headed

Hopefully their headed towards the exit door.

by HAL 9000
7 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1009  
United States of America   Jupiter
Pro Bowl

RedAlice wrote:he also appreciates and understands how difficult it had been from a moving standpoint, he understands that.’’
How long can one person use the same excuse. It boggles the mind.

by aeneas1
7 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

what's weird is clinging to any news that mentions both the rams and st. louis, actually not weird, just very sad, obviously more than a few very hurt folks not willing to let go in that city, alas...

by Hacksaw
7 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

aeneas1 wrote:what's weird is clinging to any news that mentions both the rams and st. louis, actually not weird, just very sad, obviously more than a few very hurt folks not willing to let go in that city, alas...

It was a Plaschke article in the LA times. I took it as a dis to StL myself.
He could have simply said they are playing as they did in StL.

by actionjack
7 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   4084  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Hacksaw wrote:It was a Plaschke article in the LA times. I took it as a dis to StL myself.
He could have simply said they are playing as they did in StL.

Yeah as you know Im not from St Louis, but I thought it was a cheap shot so I called Plaschke on it, its pretty much his way. In reality the RAMS had there most successful run while in St Louis, they excaped the SOSAR moniker (for awhile), FINALLY broke their horrible consecutive losing streak to the whiners and went to two Super Bowls.

by St. Loser Fan
7 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   10599  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:what's weird is clinging to any news that mentions both the rams and st. louis, actually not weird, just very sad, obviously more than a few very hurt folks not willing to let go in that city, alas...

Sorry for still being a Rams fan from St. Louis. Last weekend I drove 10 hours (each way) to New Orleans and dropped a couple hundred dollars to see the Rams get mopped up by the Saints. What effort did you make to watch the Rams play on the road this year?

And yes, I'm a bitter Betty because your new heroes said "any team that plays football in St. Louis faces certain financial disaster and permanent damage to the NFL". Sorry for having some pride in my hometown. Now Plaschke is blaming this bad season on St. Louis. Give me a break.

by aeneas1
7 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

St. Loser Fan wrote:Sorry for still being a Rams fan from St. Louis. Last weekend I drove 10 hours (each way) to New Orleans and dropped a couple hundred dollars to see the Rams get mopped up by the Saints. What effort did you make to watch the Rams play on the road this year?

And yes, I'm a bitter Betty because your new heroes said "any team that plays football in St. Louis faces certain financial disaster and permanent damage to the NFL". Sorry for having some pride in my hometown. Now Plaschke is blaming this bad season on St. Louis. Give me a break.

yeah, i feel for you, and i often lose sight of the many kids from st. louis that grew up rams fans, the only nfl team they ever pulled for, the rams were their team, it's shitty stuff...

• 1 / 2
19 posts Jun 26 2024