by Elvis
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   38705  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/ ... line-backs

Rams legends Rosey Grier, Eric Dickerson meet with current line, backs

Nick Wagoner

Spending a couple of days in the Los Angeles area not only created the chance for fans left from the team's days on the west coast to catch up with their favorite franchise, but it also offered former players, including some who hold a strong place in St. Louis Rams' lore the chance to reconnect with the team that once employed them.

Since coach Jeff Fisher's arrival, the Rams have made strides in connecting their past to their present. Kyle Eversgerd, the team's director of external football affairs, has worked diligently to find opportunities to bring former Los Angeles Rams back into the fold and provide opportunities for the current players to meet and talk with former players.

With this year's Rams practicing with the Dallas Cowboys in Oxnard, California, over the past two days, the defensive linemen and running backs each spent time with a special guest. Eric Dickerson visited with the running backs and Rosey Grier chatted with the defensive linemen.

Dickerson, who has recently been outspoken about the team returning to Los Angeles, visited with the team during Tuesday's walk-through and even took a handoff during the session.

Grier, 83, is the final living member of that quartet, maintaining his home in the Los Angeles area. He arrived at practice and spent a few minutes talking to the group many consider to be the most talented in the NFL. Of course, no matter how much talent the current line has, it would have to go a long way to reach the level of Grier and his three running mates in the "Fearsome Foursome."

Rams defensive end Chris Long, who is the team's longest-tenured player entering his eighth year with the team, has had the chance to meet many franchise greats in his time in St. Louis but said it never gets old.

"Yeah, I've met him before," Long said. "You know, he just had a really good message for us. You know, cherish the time. He really enjoyed his time with the Fearsome Foursome, and him being the last one left is pretty special to get to meet a guy like that who's a big part of our history."

by Hacksaw
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Wow, I didn't know that Rosey was still alive. I wonder if he still sings. Remember the Rosey Grier show?
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/pioneers-of-tel ... sey-grier/
This is a result of that other perk LA provides players. FA's anyone?
Too bad Grier went Cosby on a lady friend. Kind of tarnishes an illustrious career.

by Hacksaw
8 years 8 months ago

Elvis wrote:http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/119439/rams-legends-rosey-grier-eric-dickerson-meet-with-current-line-backs[b]

That doesn't look like Oxnard. Is that the place they went Weds? Perhaps Dickerson was another reason why the Weds Oxnard event relocated. At least the Rams are practicing their relocation skills. :shock:

by Elvis
8 years 8 months ago
Administrator

That's the high school field near the Four Season where the Rams were staying. They did some walk throughs there.

I thought this Dickerson tweet was from Oxnard but doesn't look like it either:

by RamsFanSince82
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:That's the high school field near the Four Season where the Rams were staying. They did some walk throughs there.

I believe that he tweeted that from the same high school (Oaks Christian). I'm pretty sure they had a walk through there on Monday and Tue morning before heading to Oxnard. Then, they practiced there on Wed morning before doing their autograph signing at Point Mugu. A group of fans (at least 10-15) knew they were going to practice there on Wed and showed up and got a lot of autographs and pics after the practice.

by Hacksaw
8 years 8 months ago

RamsFanSince82 wrote:
Elvis wrote:That's the high school field near the Four Season where the Rams were staying. They did some walk throughs there.

I believe that he tweeted that from the same high school (Oaks Christian). I'm pretty sure they had a walk through there on Monday and Tue morning before heading to Oxnard. Then, they practiced there on Wed morning before doing their autograph signing at Point Mugu. A group of fans (at least 10-15) knew they were going to practice there on Wed and showed up and got a lot of autographs and pics after the practice.

Welcome RamsFanSince82 ! Glad you could join us.
Wish I knew that was where they were headed. I'd have snuck over. How do you know that many were there, Tweets or were you in attendance?

by RamsFanSince82
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:
RamsFanSince82 wrote:

Welcome RamsFanSince82 ! Glad you could join us.
Wish I knew that was where they were headed. I'd have snuck over. How do you know that many were there, Tweets or were you in attendance?

Thanks for the welcome to the board. I've been reading the board for a couple of weeks, but just decided to creat an ID. I also wish I knew about the Wed morning practice at Oaks Christian H.S. I probably would've went to the practice too. I first found out about it from listening to the Fred Roggin show on Wed. Also, some people that I follow on Twitter posted pictures of a group of them at the practice and pics of them with some of the players.

by Elvis
8 years 8 months ago
Administrator

RamsFanSince82 wrote:Thanks for the welcome to the board. I've been reading the board for a couple of weeks, but just decided to creat an ID. I also wish I knew about the Wed morning practice at Oaks Christian H.S. I probably would've went to the practice too. I first found out about it from listening to the Fred Roggin show on Wed. Also, some people that I follow on Twitter posted pictures of a group of them at the practice and pics of them with some of the players.

Yes, nice to have you here. If you come across any Rams news, do share.

I knew about Oak Christian and that the Rams were staying at the nearby Four Seasons but i didn't know about the Wednesday morning walk through...

by Stranger
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   3213  
United States of America   Norcal
Superstar

For 2 yrs, Rosey was my mom's neighbor in Brentwood. I saw him a couple of times ... and he was walking with a cane at the time and didn't look like he was faring that well.

• 1 / 1
9 posts May 12 2024