17 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by St. Loser Fan
7 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   10560  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

The Dallas Star Telegram:
http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/cowboys-corner-blog/article94344827.html

A key figure in the negotiations to move the Rams from St. Louis to Los Angeles was Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones.

Jones, who spearheaded a compromise that led to the 30-2 vote, has a good relationship with Rams owner Stan Kroenke. Kroenke spent 16 seasons as co-owner of the Rams then became principal owner in 2010. He became sole owner in 2014.

“Stan is a guy who sees the big picture and he’ll act on it,” Jones said.

Jones says the Rams’ move back to Los Angeles was good for the league.

“It’s going to be very special. I’m excited about where we are as a league, as an entity,” Jones said.

A year ago, the Cowboys and Rams had joint practices, but that didn’t last long. There were so many fights that the practices became counterproductive. The practices were canceled on the second day.

Nevertheless, it’s a different year and a different location for the Rams.

One thing will remain the same. The uniforms. The Rams do not plan to change their uniforms until 2019.

by Elvis
7 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   38771  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

It's all good.

But the Jones/Kroenke connection has bee well documented for a long time around here.

He was an indispensable ally to Kroenke in moving the Rams to L.A.

Most of us L.A. fans have a newfound love and respect for Jerry Jones...

by St. Loser Fan
7 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   10560  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:It's all good.

But the Jones/Kroenke connection has bee well documented for a long time around here.

Most of us L.A. fans have found a newfound love and respect for Jerry Jones...

It's just getting fresh hype due to the game. But I thought the "no uniform change" coming from a Dallas source was interesting and worth sharing.

by majik
7 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   1210  
United States of America   New Jersey
Pro Bowl

It will look real stupid to have them play in the St. Louis colors while a majority of the fans wear the Ferragamos. Also will lead to manufacturers stuck with St. Louis colored geared whil entrepreneurial non licensed knock offs will make money selling stuff in the Ferragamo colors

by dieterbrock
7 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

majik wrote:It will look real stupid to have them play in the St. Louis colors while a majority of the fans wear the Ferragamos. Also will lead to manufacturers stuck with St. Louis colored geared whil entrepreneurial non licensed knock offs will make money selling stuff in the Ferragamo colors

St Louis was blue and gold, LA was the Ferragamos and it appears that Blue and White is used all over official Rams stuff.
Even the home page of http://www.therams.com/ is decked in Blue and White

by RamsFanSince82
7 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

St. Loser Fan wrote:
RamsFanSince82 wrote:Is this suppose to be breaking news?

Do you want this deleted?

Don't be so sensitive. Although it's not new and I didn't think it was interesting, I was mostly joking. About your comment about it being interesting that the uniforms aren't changing until 2019 coming from a Dallas source, the LA sources reported the same thing at least a few months ago.

by Hacksaw
7 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

St. Loser Fan wrote:
Elvis wrote:It's all good.

Most of us L.A. fans have found a newfound love and respect for Jerry Jones...

It's just getting fresh hype due to the game. But I thought the "no uniform change" coming from a Dallas source was interesting and worth sharing.

That part struck me as well St Loser fan. It seems that more than just LA noticed the ludacris decision to keep the colors the same. It really makes no sense.

One thing I did notice besides the attempt to resemble the Gabriel's, is the gold seems to be a little more yellow than it was in St.Louis. At least in print.

by HopHead Ram
7 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   1568  
United States of America   The Left Coast
Pro Bowl

majik wrote:It will look real stupid to have them play in the St. Louis colors while a majority of the fans wear the Ferragamos. Also will lead to manufacturers stuck with St. Louis colored geared whil entrepreneurial non licensed knock offs will make money selling stuff in the Ferragamo colors

I think the narrative of the LA fans only wearing Feragamo colors is very overstated. True there are a lot of " Throwbacks" in the stands, the St Louis colors still dominate the Jersey wearing population of fans. Fans are going to wear what is available and right now, St Louis colored gear is what is readily available. As long as the Dicks,Targets,Walmarts, etc are selling Rams gear, we will buy it regardless of the color because we actually get to walk into a store and buy our gear and not Raiders, Chargers or 49ers crap that we have been subject to for the last 20 years.

I have been to 3 of the Irvine pratcices and the Family day and it is overwhelmingly offically licensed gear and that means the St Louis colors. Hell even Rockstar was cruising around pratcice on Friday in the all whites.

• 1 / 2
17 posts May 18 2024