17 posts
  • 2 / 2
 by dieterbrock
7 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:
Farmer wrote:The Rams open Sept. 12 at San Francisco, and they’ve had months to prepare for that game. If they decide to start Keenum, they’ll have to give him the majority of the snaps in the days and weeks leading up to that, which will slow Goff’s progress.

yep, exactly, and it's what i mentioned in another thread, i.e. warner often mentioned this very thing, that the 2 and 3 qbs really don't get much of a chance to do anything once the season starts, once teams start game-planning, it's all about the 1s, just not enough time or snaps to go around, it's not aaa ball...

Yep. I just don't see where the upside is in Goff watching from the sidelines.
The idea that Keenum somehow gives us a winning chance just makes me shake my head. If the defense is going to score a Td and hold the opposition to less than 3 points in the first half (like they did in Keenum 5 starts) it's not Keenum that's winning games.

by BuiltRamTough
7 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   5357  
Armenia   Los Angeles
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:keenum started 5 games last season, in 4 of those starts he led the rams' offense to a whopping 13, 14, 16 and 16 points for a 14.8 per game average, good for a 31st ranking equivalent in offensive scoring... that's what passes for giving the rams the best chance at wins? goff can't at least match that putrid output? really?

Exactly.

by BuiltRamTough
7 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   5357  
Armenia   Los Angeles
Hall of Fame

St. Loser Fan wrote:So do we just roll Goff out there and pray he doesn't end up with Battered Quarterback Syndrome?

As of now no but the season doesn't start now. We will see how it handles the pressure Saturday and if he improves week by week then start him. If not roll with Keenum.

I think we will all get a good sense of where he is a month from now. So far he's been improving day by day.

by RamsFanSince82
7 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

St. Loser Fan wrote:So do we just roll Goff out there and pray he doesn't end up with Battered Quarterback Syndrome?

Last year, the Rams OL gave up only 18 QB sacks (the least in the NFL).

by aeneas1
7 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

because so many rookie qbs that start do? honestly, where does this stuff come? show me a rookie qb who started right away and never amounted to much, and i'll show you a rookie qb who rode pine for at least one season and never amounted to much. bortles has been knocked around for 2 years straight, but has led the jags from a 32nd ranking in offensive scoring his rookie season to a 12th ranking his sophomore year, where's the battered qb syndrome going on there? wilson has been roughed up for 4 years straight, and not just because he runs with the ball, all he did his rookie season was lead seattle from 24th in offensive scoring to 9th while earning pro-bowl honors, he had a pretty good sophomore season too, leading his offense to another top 10 scoring season and topping it off with a 123.1 qb rating in the hags' super bowl trouncing of the broncos, and he did it behind the 25th ranked oline according to pro football focus... but rams fans should worry about goff? i just don't get it.

by dieterbrock
7 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Which is what exactly?

• 2 / 2
17 posts May 18 2024