36 posts
  • 1 / 4
 by bubbaramfan
8 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   1118  
United States of America   Carson Landfill
Pro Bowl

http://www.stltoday.com/business/local/ ... df6d2.html

Looks like CVC trying to make a buck off the rams practice facility before they have to sell it to the Rams for a 1$

by St. Loser Fan
8 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   10599  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

bubbaramfan wrote:http://www.stltoday.com/business/local/st-louis-sports-authority-aim-to-make-money-off-ram/article_aeb64e89-dc56e8-b84c-604df6d2.html

Looks like CVC trying to make a buck off the rams practice facility before they have to sell it to the Rams for a 1$

Why not try to make some money? Or would you prefer it just sat there empty for 8 years until Stan gets to buy it?

by bubbaramfan
8 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   1118  
United States of America   Carson Landfill
Pro Bowl

Sure Loser Fan why not? You imply I think there is something wrong with that. I don't. And I never implied that in my post. What I find critical in the article is the Writer of the piece opens with "Jilted by the Rams", Implying the Rams jilted the RSA, the CVC and St. Louis. Which in fact is really the other way around. The RSA and St. Louis offered the Rams the opportunity to purchase the practice facility for one dollar after a certain length of time, now they want to back out of that. This is the kind of writing that has been going on throughout the relocation process. Instead of local writers telling the truth they have fabricated and led the folks of St. Louis on, when they knew all the time it was their own civic leaders who had screwed up and made it possible for the Ram to go back to LA.

AND IT LOOKS FROM THIS ARTICLE THEY ARE STILL DOING IT.

by Elvis
8 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   38903  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Here's the article btw:

http://www.stltoday.com/business/local/ ... 4c6d2.html

St. Louis sports authority aims to make money off Rams' former training facility

By Samantha Liss St. Louis Post-Dispatch Jun 14, 2016 (14)

Jilted by the Rams, the St. Louis Regional Convention and Sports Complex Authority is hoping to generate revenue from the team’s former practice facility in Earth City — even as the agency and the football team continue to fight over future ownership of the site.

The St. Louis Regional Convention and Sports Complex Authority, the public agency that owns the Earth City training facility, has tapped the Sansone Group as the leasing agent and property manager of the 300,000-square-foot complex.

Sansone will be responsible for managing the property and will handle all potential leasing opportunities, the agency announced Tuesday.

The authority will pay the Sansone Group a “nominal fee” to manage the property. Jim Sansone, a company principal, declined to disclose the specific financial arrangement.

The property was vacated when the St. Louis Rams relocated to Los Angeles.

The sports authority, which also owns the Dome at America’s Center, formerly known as the Edward Jones Dome, leased the Earth City facility to the football team for $25,000 a year.

However, the now Los Angeles Rams and the authority are in a legal dispute about the team’s option to buy the training facility in 2024 for just $1, a provision in the original lease that swayed the team to move to St. Louis.

The sports authority filed suit in March to block the team from buying the practice facility, arguing that the option isn’t enforceable. But the team is seeking to take the matter to arbitration, a sign the team is interested in a future ownership stake, said James Shrewsbury, chairman of the authority.

“They want it because it’s worth a lot of money,” he said. “It’s a valuable asset.”

Rams officials could not be immediately reached for comment.

Despite the suit, Shrewsbury said, “We can’t let that building sit vacant for eight years.”

That’s why the agency has tapped Sansone to find potential tenants.

The Sansone Group, a St. Louis-based commercial real estate firm, sees various opportunities for the building including office space, sporting events and large-scale indoor and outdoor events.

Sansone said there’s been a lot of talk about developing various sports facilities in the St. Louis area, and the benefit of the Rams training facility is that “it’s ready now.”

The marketing materials are being developed “as we speak” Sansone said, but an obvious user of the facility will be high school and collegiate sports teams.

by Elvis
8 years 1 week ago
Administrator

Last year there was talk that an underground fire at a nearby dump was making the site barely usable due to the fumes.

I have no idea if that's still an issue (or if it ever really was one)...

by St. Loser Fan
8 years 1 week ago
Hall of Fame

bubbaramfan wrote:Sure Loser Fan why not? You imply I think there is something wrong with that. I don't. And I never implied that in my post. What I find critical in the article is the Writer of the piece opens with "Jilted by the Rams", Implying the Rams jilted the RSA, the CVC and St. Louis. Which in fact is really the other way around. The RSA and St. Louis offered the Rams the opportunity to purchase the practice facility for one dollar after a certain length of time, now they want to back out of that. This is the kind of writing that has been going on throughout the relocation process. Instead of local writers telling the truth they have fabricated and led the folks of St. Louis on, when they knew all the time it was their own civic leaders who had screwed up and made it possible for the Ram to go back to LA.

AND IT LOOKS FROM THIS ARTICLE THEY ARE STILL DOING IT.

You won. Stan won. Los Angeles won. Stan will win again when he buys the facility for a $1 and flips it for a profit or tears it down to build warehouses. Get over what a St. Louis newspaper is writing for St. Louis readers.

by Snow Man
8 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   232  
Zimbabwe   At the computer
Rookie

Amen brother. Like I keep saying, Why would anyone in L.A. care about what the fans in St. Louis are doing? Or what the writer's are writing? Post about L.A. not St. Louis.

by Hacksaw
8 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

I don't know anybody that would walk away from 10's of millions of dollars,, but it does have a bit of a foul odor to it. Under the circumstances..

by St. Loser Fan
8 years 1 week ago
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:I don't know anybody that would walk away from 10's of millions of dollars,, but it does have a bit of a foul odor to it. Under the circumstances..

Ideally Stan agrees to buy the old offices/practice facility for a $1 and donates it to a boys/girls club or some other charity.

But I guess that's a weak move. So let him rub salt in the wound and keep making money off St. Louis.

by Elvis
8 years 1 week ago
Administrator

St. Loser Fan wrote:
Hacksaw wrote:I don't know anybody that would walk away from 10's of millions of dollars,, but it does have a bit of a foul odor to it. Under the circumstances..

Ideally Stan agrees to buy the old offices/practice facility for a $1 and donates it to a boys/girls club or some other charity.

But I guess that's a weak move. So let him rub salt in the wound and keep making money off St. Louis.

I guess we'll see what happens when the time comes.

St. Louis has this weird habit of making deals and then crying about having to live up to them.

First it was the first tier clause and now it's the option to buy Earth City.

If St. Louis isn't prepared to honor the deal, if the deal isn't good for St. Louis, why make the deal?

Without the crazy good deal they gave the Rams, St. Louis might never have gotten a 2nd NFL team. Maybe the deal was unsustainable in the long term but it netted St. Louis 21 more years of NFL football and a Lombardi Trophy...

• 1 / 4
36 posts Jun 26 2024