30 posts
  • 1 / 3
 by RamsFanSince82
8 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

I wasn't that familiar with Mike Clay guy before listening to that and checking out his twitter feed right now. I haven't missed anything by not really knowing him. I disagree with practically all of his Rams comments.

by Snow Man
8 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   232  
Zimbabwe   At the computer
Rookie

I live here and I've never heard of him. It's Bernie or JT if you want the truth.

by Elvis
8 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   38914  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Broken link at this point, was it legit?

Seriously though, St. Louis ought to cover the Rams. I'm sure they'll have a lot of fans just like L.A. did when they moved to St. Louis.

We got almost zero local coverage after the move.

Hopefully St. Louis will do better for those who are still fans...

by OldSchool
8 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1750  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Elvis wrote:Broken link at this point, was it legit?

Seriously though, St. Louis ought to cover the Rams. I'm sure they'll have a lot of fans just like L.A. did when they moved to St. Louis.

We got almost zero local coverage after the move.

Hopefully St. Louis will do better for those who are still fans...

If they're going to cover the Rams like this guy just did it won't last for long.

by Elvis
8 years 3 weeks ago
Administrator

More Mike Clay:

(ESPN Insider article so only part of it here...)

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/ ... ayoffs-nfl

Playoffs for the Rams? Don't count on it, L.A.

May 31, 2016
Mike Clay
ESPN Writer

When a team mortgages its future by trading away a pair of first-, second- and third-round picks for the services of the draft's top prospect, many will assume said player is the one missing piece needed to carry a team to the Promised Land.

Often, that's not the case.

The 2001 Atlanta Falcons were just two years removed from the Super Bowl when they traded up for the services of Michael Vick. They went 7-9 during Vick's rookie season. The 1996 Rams won six games before trading up to select Orlando Pace at No. 1 overall in April 1997. They won five games the next season. Following an 8-8 campaign in 1989, the Colts moved up to the top spot in the order to select QB Jeff George, who helped them to a 7-9 record as a rookie.

In the case of the Los Angeles Rams, trading up to first overall in April's draft to select QB Jared Goff fills only one of many voids on the roster.

by Elvis
8 years 3 weeks ago
Administrator

Clay's mini bio:

Fantasy football, NFL analyst for ESPN.com
Member of Pro Football Writers of America
Founding director of Pro Football Focus Fantasy
2013 FSTA award winner for most accurate preseason rankings

So i guess that's how Wheeler is covering the Rams, find somebody who's down on them for 2016 and put them on the air...

by snackdaddy
8 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   9717  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Writers gonna write. Its how they get paid. Don't have to be right. Just put something out that people will read. It take all that with a grain of salt. Just like the weather report. If I see one I don't like I'll keep checking others to find the best one. 8-)

by Elvis
8 years 3 weeks ago
Administrator

There's definitely a downside argument to be made. A lot of pundits have us winning around 5 games. Early Vegas odds have us favored in only 5 games.

Of course there's also an upside argument to be made...

• 1 / 3
30 posts Jul 01 2024