by Elvis
3 weeks 2 days ago
 Total posts:   39539  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Two weeks from today.

We'll get plenty of info over the next two weeks but:

Detroit favored by 3.5.

What do you think the spread will be come game day?

by Indrid Cold
3 weeks 2 days ago
 Total posts:   882  
United States of America   Redington Beach, FL
Veteran

Call me a pessimist if you like, but I'd say 4.5 or 5. Our pre-bye week slate sucks. We are definitely going to be dogs against SF and possibly GB. Those are probably going to be pretty bad LA home road games. I think the Rams are a near playoff lock with health, but I need to see them beat a good team (we didn't beat one last year) before I get to the hype level of some here.

by ramsman34
3 weeks 2 days ago
 Total posts:   9041  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Agreed spread will by 5.5. Higher if Jones is traded. Over/under probably 51-53 and I’d take the under.

by snackdaddy
3 weeks 2 days ago
 Total posts:   9800  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Thats gonna be a tough match up for us. A legit Superbowl contender in their house. On opening day. Prime time. You know that place will be loud and rocking. One slight advantage is the Rams were in that environment just 7 months ago. They have an idea what to expect from the crowd.

by actionjack
3 weeks 2 days ago
 Total posts:   4255  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

I see the point spread hovering around 3 points.

It is hard to beat McVay 2x in a row (except for whiners). Rams what revenge, some how I think we eeek out a win over-confident Lions team.

by Dare
3 weeks 2 days ago
 Total posts:   219  
United States of America   Tucson, AZ formerly of San Diego
Rookie

Jones not playing will not really factor in negatively. The reason he's on the block is because he lacks the athleticism they want at the position. He gives outstanding effort but he lacks the speed, quickness and power to be a true MIKE thumper you need to stop between the tackle runs. He seems to have average change of direction when reacting to plays.

IMO the handwriting was on the wall last year. I was surprised they didn't upgrade the position in the draft. That said Hummel and Speights have the speed and athleticism they need inside. As I've said in another post it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they played Hoecht or Hampton inside particularly on run downs.

I think this is much ado about nothing. They have had long looks at Jones and know exactly what they have and don't have in him. Both Hummel and Spreights are better in coverage but tend to be a bit undersized to play MIKE. Both of these guys can be played on passing downs much like an in the box SS.

I think the Rams are looking for a pick more than a player in trade.

This will be a much improved team the Lions will face this year. I think it probably will be a one score game with the Rams coming out on top.

It will be interesting to see who the OTs will be. Noteboom at LT is a given but will Havenstein return or will the keep McClendon at RT. Warren has clearly cleaned up his footwork over last year and has looked much improved. I think Noteboom will have to play himself out of the start for the rest of the season.

Could we see 4 WRs this season with 0 TEs and Robinson, Nacua, Kupp and Whittington? That's would scare most secondries.

• 1 / 16
154 posts Sep 18 2024