137 posts
  • 1 / 14
 by Joe Pendleton
1 month 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1969  
Virgin Islands (USA)   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

wow, did not see this coming.. we must be deeper at position than i thought !

by AltiTude Ram
1 month 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   2312  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

I guess Speights and Hummel impressed enough.

I don't think the Rams could get much. He's on his last year of his contract. Maybe some CB depth?

by BrooklynRam74
1 month 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   277  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

I'm fine with the move on, if that's ultimately what we do. Jones a good, not great player. Rams don't pay ILB's unless they're Mike Singletary or Fred Warner. Plus his knee issues are creeping in. Jones wants Rams to pay him for when he ultimately goes on IR and needs surgery.

Knee issues for a Linebacker??? Huge.

Another thing is we lost our 2025 2nd Rounder for Fiske (worth it) , would love to recoup something close to it like a 4th or 3rd.

Oh, and Speights is giving me "London Fletcher" vibes (UDFA)

by ramsww
1 month 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   554  
Veteran

Joe Pendleton wrote:wow, did not see this coming.. we must be deeper at position than i thought !

No, we’re really not, unless you consider one of those a starter, lead tackler, edge rusher, signal caller and potential team Captain. I thought he’d be gone next year but now it’s likely we’ll be opening against the Lions minus, AD, EJ, our starting LT, backup QB and major ? marks at CB and Kicker. We have 2 weeks. Shoot, we’ll fix it. 🤩

by ramsww
1 month 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   554  
Veteran

BrooklynRam74 wrote:I'm fine with the move on, if that's ultimately what we do. Jones a good, not great player. Rams don't pay ILB's unless they're Mike Singletary or Fred Warner. Plus his knee issues are creeping in. Jones wants Rams to pay him for when he ultimately goes on IR and needs surgery.

Knee issues for a Linebacker??? Huge.

Another thing is we lost our 2025 2nd Rounder for Fiske (worth it) , would love to recoup something close to it like a 4th or 3rd.

Oh, and Speights is giving me "London Fletcher" vibes (UDFA)

I think Speights has looked great and is slated to start on ST. Not MLB and certainly not calling all D signals. Hummel is a gamer but again, built like a FS not a MLB. Forget the green dot, Who steps in the middle?

by BrooklynRam74
1 month 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   277  
Rookie

ramsww wrote:I think Speights has looked great and is slated to start on ST. Not MLB and certainly not calling all D signals. Hummel is a gamer but again, built like a FS not a MLB. Forget the green dot, Who steps in the middle?

Probably Speights, with a confluence of heady Safeties around. Look, E.J. is a good player, but wouldn't be surprised if Rams have "Todd Gurley" vibes about his knee.

by Elvis
1 month 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   39725  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

The Rams already made it clear the weren't gonna consider a new contract for Jones till after this season. They don't pay linebackers, often unload players on their rookie deal in their final year and have been relatively cheap lately.

Jones said he was okay with the situation but apparently he isn't. It's too bad but it also kind of is what it is.

He wants to get paid now. The Rams aren't going to (or at least sure seems that way)...

• 1 / 14
137 posts Oct 24 2024