10 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by Joe Pendleton
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1904  
Virgin Islands (USA)   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Hiya Mod! ik i'm "jumping into the present" with no background (has been a while:).. but, there's this i saw on "the athletic" this am.. cheers!

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/565265 ... d=14307036

by Joe Pendleton
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1904  
Virgin Islands (USA)   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

yessir, is g to be back! that link i posted above is a really cool read on McVays thought process (now vs past).. good stuff

by ramsman34
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   8947  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

What up Joe P!!

That was a really cool interview. I have a feeling MCV has some serious offensive tweaks and wrinkles for this upcoming season. He has a lot of respect for McDonald now the HC of the Seahawks. I bet we see some of that D scheme from Shula and our guys.

by actionjack
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   4227  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Man finally got a chance to listen to 3/4 of it. About 50% went over my head when McVay was spitting out all those defensive formations... :D

by Elvis
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   39466  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Talking front 7:

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2024/0 ... y-improve/

“But I am really excited and encouraged about the opportunity for us to see what that looks like. I’m so grateful for everything that he did, but I think we’ve got some young guys that I think have a chance. I think Kobie Turner’s a really good player. We’ve got some other young guys. I think Bobby Brown made a really good jump last year and I’m expecting that much more from him. We drafted Braden Fiske and Tyler Davis. And then on the edges, I think Byron Young is going to take a major leap. I think Michael Hoecht is a really versatile player that we can do a better job utilizing his skill set to not put him in some of the harder downs that he was in last year. And I’m really excited about Jared Verse.”

by AltiTude Ram
1 month 3 days ago
 Total posts:   2273  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

Here's the interview on YouTube. I wasn't able to access the podcast. Awesome interview that goes through his thought process on almost walking away and where he's at today.

by Elvis
3 weeks 1 day ago
 Total posts:   39466  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Finally listened to this, really good, a lot of good stuff in there.

He talks about how defenses have changed, they don't declare what they're in, some plays you'll never know what defense they were playing so you have to have an offense that doesn't completely require you to know. Said a lot of his early concepts are now obsolete.

He also talked about the importance of limiting explosives on defense, said the idea of "first you stop the run" isn't really true anymore. You'll give up a little in run defense to keep a shell on the passing game, etc...

• 1 / 1
10 posts Sep 07 2024