14 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by Elvis
2 weeks 23 hours ago
 Total posts:   38705  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

BRENNAN JACKSON | Washington St. 6037 | 264 lbs. | 6SR Temecula, Calif. (Great Oak) 10/14/2000 (age 23.53) #80

BACKGROUND: Brennan “BJ” Jackson, the oldest of three children, was born in Montgomery, Ohio. When he was young, the family moved to Sout hern California, and Jackson grew up in Temecula (between Los Angeles and San Diego). His mom (Amy), whom he considers his “best friend,” is a former bodybuilder and trainer and became his first gym partner when he 13. At age 7, Jackson started playing Pop Warner football in Temecula and continued through middle school. He attended Great Oak High School and played on the freshman team his first year. After playing both JV and varsity as a sophomore, Jackson had his breakout season as a junior defensive lineman with 88 tackles, 10 sacks and a 46-yard fumble return for a touchdown, which earned him second team All-League honors. As a senior captain, he finished with 102 tackles, 13 tackles for loss, two sacks and two forced fumbles to earn first team All-League honors. Jackson also played tight end and recorded 18 receptions for 340 yards and one touchdown in 2017, which earne d him second team All-League on offense. A three-star recruit, Jackson was the No. 55 weakside defensive end in the 2018 recruiting class and the No. 102 recruit in Californi a. In December 2016, after his junior season, he received a first scholarship offer (California). Offers from Washington State, Hawaii, San Diego State, Navy, Colorado State and Arizona soon followed. Jackson also picked up interest from several Ivy League programs, including offers from Princeton and Yale. Ultimately, he committed to former head coach Mike Leach and Washington State the summer before his senior season. Jackson was the No. 7 recruit in Leach’s 2018 class. He took advantage of the ex tra year of eligibility granted because of the pandemic and turned down several NIL deals elsewhere to return to Pullman for his si xth season in 2023. Jackson became engaged to his fiancé Lizzy Demuth, a member of the Washington State cheer squad, in December 2023. He is cousins (through marriage) with former NFL cornerback Josh Norman. Jackson graduated with his degree in business administration (December 2021) and then earned his MBA (December 2023). He accepted his invitation to the 2024 Senior Bowl but suffered a left ankle injury in the first practice.

YEAR (GP/GS) TKLS TFL SACK FF PD INT NOTES
2018: Redshirted Suffered a torn ACL; Enrolled in July 2018
2019: (2/0) 1 0.5 0.0 0 0 0 Missed final 11 games (broken foot)
2020: (4/4) 19 3.5 1.5 1 0 0 Honorable Mention All-Pac-12; Led team in sacks; Pandemic-shortened season
2021: (13/12) 46 6.0 4.0 0 3 1 Honorable Mention All-Pac-12
2022: (13/13) 41 12.0 6.0 1 3 0 Second Team All-Pac-12; Led team in sacks and TFL
2023: (12/12) 57 12.5 8.5 1 3 0 Second Team All-Pac-12; Led team in sacks and TFL; 3 FR TDs (74-yards, 40-yards, 2-yards); Team captain
Total: (44/41) 164 34.5 20.0 3 9 1
HT WT HAND ARM WING 40-YD 20-YD 10-YD VJ BJ SS 3C BP
COMBINE 6037 264 9 3/4 32 3/4 78 3/4 4.69 2.72 1.61 33 1/2 9’6” - - 21 (no shuttle or 3-cone — left ankle)
PRO DAY 6042 266 9 3/4 33 3/8 79 1/4 - - - - - 4.34 7.43 26 (shuttles, bench, drills only – choice)

STRENGTHS: Plays with tremendous energy … quick off the ball to force his way through gaps … sneaky efficient swiping, punching and work ing around blocks … decisive backfield reads to quickly read and react to the mesh point … weightlifting and bodybuilding are his “passions,” and he is religious about his workout routines (habits instilled in him by his mother) … his coaches describe him as “relentless worker” and “very personable,” but he doesn’t take himself too seriously (NFL scout: “One of my favorite guys in my area to talk to. Ball and life.”) … returned three fumbles for touchdowns in 2023, including becoming the first in school history to have two in the same game … top 10 in school history in both career sacks and TFL.

WEAKNESSES: Doesn’t have desired length or speed … not a bend-the-edge type of athlete and shows stiffness in his upper and lower halves … tightness in his hips restricts his pad level and recovery … will need to develop a more cohesive plan to break down NFL blockers … anchor lets him down at times, allowing drive blocks to move him … suffered two season-ending injuries in his first two seasons and almost quit, but he stayed with it — torn ACL in his right knee in his first season on campus, forcing him to redshirt in 2018; broken left foot in practice (September 2019) and missed the rest of the season … will be a 24 -year-old NFL rookie.

SUMMARY: A three-year starter at Washington State, Jackson played an edge rusher role in defensive coordinator Jeff Schmedding’s 4 -2-5 base scheme, though Jackson’s time in Pullman spanned three head coaches and numerous position coaches. He earned All -Pac-12 honors four straight seasons and led the Cougars in tackles for loss and sacks in both 2022 and 2023. He also tied for the FBS lead with four fumble recoveries in 2023, returnin g three for touchdowns. Though he doesn’t rush with desired flexibility, Jackson is fast and physical with the active hands and strike power to keep blockers on their toes. His pursuit to the football is dogged, but pad-level issues hurt his reliability versus the run. Overall, Jackson’s body tightness and lack of balance will follow him to the NFL, but so will his urgent attacking skills and relentless motor. He projects as a rotational edge defender for a scheme that can turn him loose.

GRADE: 5th Round

by Dare
2 weeks 23 hours ago
 Total posts:   96  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

Jackson is a developmental talent. His role will be to learn and to earn a spot on STs. Ultimately Jackson and Hampton will give them two rotational edges, i.e. take over for Hoecht.
Jackson and Hampton will give them speed off the edges with their rotational edges.

Jackson has raw talent he needs a year or two of good coaching and physical development.

The Rams will need an ILB they can develop to replace Rozeboom.

by RAMMAN76
2 weeks 22 hours ago
 Total posts:   565  
United States of America   Fort Worth TX
Veteran

Best reactions to Rams drafting Brennan Jackson at No. 154 overall

Man, the Rams are really adding to that defensive line

— Billy “Arm Wrestled Travis Bagent” Riccette (@Billy_Riccette) April 27, 2024

Phenomenal quote about the Rams’ latest draft pick https://t.co/hKLRbYtYSX

— Adam Grosbard (@AdamGrosbard) April 27, 2024

Someone forgot to tell Les that you cannot replace Aaron Donald, because he sure is trying in a single draft.

— SeattleRams (@seattlerams_nfl) April 27, 2024

This pass rush the #RamsHouse is building post Aaron Donald…👀🔥

Saw Brennan Jackson plenty of times out here. Rams will love his motor next to Jared Verse, Braden Fiske, Byron Young, and Kobie Turner.

— Lorenzo J. Reyna (@LJ_Reyna) April 27, 2024

Brennan Jackson. Solid pick up for our defensive line. Another Senior and Captain coming to the team. pic.twitter.com/kq13S7qsiJ

— Allen Sales (@AllenSales) April 27, 2024

Brennan Jackson was an EDGE I was intrigued by on day 3 and if THEE Les Snead drafted him I’m very interested in seeing how that plays out.

— tOSU State of Mind (@bucks3317) April 27, 2024

Nice pick Rams! Brennan Jackson.

— DanLar (@DanLarJr72) April 27, 2024

Jared Verse, Braden Fiske & Brennan Jackson.

Absolute ass-kickers across the Rams' DL.

— Luke Easterling (@LukeEasterling) April 27, 2024

BRENNAN JACKSON TO THE RAMS!!! STEAL OF THE DRAFT!!

— Barstool Wazzu (@BarstoolWazzu) April 27, 2024

Wow Wow Wow what a pick
Welcome to the LA Rams and Rams House Brennan Jackson

— Randy McMillon 1962 (@randy_mcmillon) April 27, 2024

Brennan Jackson & Jared Verse will become a Top-tier EDGE duo in the NFL for the Rams https://t.co/QGEQo7Q5BS

— Daniel Alameda (@AlamedaViews) April 27, 2024

BRENNAN JACKSON HAS BEEN DRAFTED BY THE LOS ANGELES RAMS #RamsHouse pic.twitter.com/fQTtxsm5vy

— Jack (@MidWestLAFan) April 27, 2024

Rams exit with two of the most physical edge players in this draft with Jared Verse and Brennan Jackson. They continue to build.

— Brian Nemhauser (@hawkblogger) April 27, 2024

Rams came up getting Brennan Jackson he was a dawg at WSU

— Mike🏁🏁☁️ (@mikeaveli24) April 27, 2024

by PARAM
2 weeks 22 hours ago
 Total posts:   12289  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

So now we have Young, Mathis, Verse, Jackson, Hampton, Thomas and Hoecht? Almost sounds like the record is skipping.....I think we have enough now. How about a WR or ILB? CB?

by snackdaddy
2 weeks 20 hours ago
 Total posts:   9688  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I'm sensing a pattern here. They're drafting guys with high energy high running motor. Guys who like to play with attitude. Not sure how long it will take to get these guys to be where they want them to be, but I think we might have a hard hitting and fast defense for a few years. Verse and Fiske should be starters early on.

We might have to wait a while on Corum. I'm thinking how Kyren didn't break out till year two. Unless they're first round talents rookie running backs usually need more time. Kinchens might be part of a rotation in the nickel and dime packages. If Jackson doesn't crack the regular rotation early I can see him getting there in a year or two.

by 69RamFan
2 weeks 20 hours ago
 Total posts:   3208  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

snackdaddy wrote:I'm sensing a pattern here. They're drafting guys with high energy high running motor. Guys who like to play with attitude. Not sure how long it will take to get these guys to be where they want them to be, but I think we might have a hard hitting and fast defense for a few years. Verse and Fiske should be starters early on.

We might have to wait a while on Corum. I'm thinking how Kyren didn't break out till year two. Unless they're first round talents rookie running backs usually need more time. Kinchens might be part of a rotation in the nickel and dime packages. If Jackson doesn't crack the regular rotation early I can see him getting there in a year or two.

You have to account when we drafted KW,
We were using the zone blocking scheme,
KW is better use in the power run block scheme.
Now with Corum, he is coming into the same scheme out of college.

I'd say Corum will be rotating in with KW his first year.

• 1 / 2
14 posts May 12 2024