42 posts
  • 3 / 5
 by Elvis
1 month 5 days ago
 Total posts:   38705  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Tyler Johnson comes in at $1.1 mil, Rams cap space only drops $200k because only the top 51 count so add TJ, drop whoever was at 51 (about $900k) and the amount added to the cap is the difference between the two.

Still waiting on White's cap numbers...

by ramsman34
1 month 5 days ago
 Total posts:   8625  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Elvis wrote:I figure White's hit will be 3,4,5 mil? So probably will be around 5 or 6 when the dust settles and that doesn't count what ever slack the Rams want for the season...

Snead noted they can restructure any time so that is an avenue they have during the season to create space for trades, PS elevations, FA signings, etc. basically, if they want to make moves they can / with remaining cap and contract adjustments.

by PARAM
1 month 5 days ago
 Total posts:   12289  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:Still waiting on White's cap numbers...

I wonder what the holdup is? Is it conditional? Is he technically not cleared to play so they're waiting on that before making the deal final? I don't even know if that's a possibility. The delay is interesting.

by Elvis
1 month 5 days ago
Administrator

PARAM wrote:I wonder what the holdup is? Is it conditional? Is he technically not cleared to play so they're waiting on that before making the deal final? I don't even know if that's a possibility. The delay is interesting.

Now that you mention it, don't think the Rams have announced this signing yet.

I do know that contracts with incentives get graded, the league decides which incentives are likely to be met and which aren't. The likely ones are counted against the cap, unlikely ones not...

by Dare
1 month 5 days ago
 Total posts:   96  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

They may show $14-$15M in cap space but it's deceptive. On average a team needs between $9-$11M in cap to sign their draft class. Teams normally like at least $5M in space to start the season to allow for injury replacement signings, etc.

IMO they are probably done with FAs unless something extraordinary happens. They have filled the major holes other than edge which IMO will be a top priority in the draft. I think edge and QB will be their primary focus in round one dependent upon how the draft goes and any trade up opportunities they may have. If it's edge I think they stand pat, with trading up reserved for a QB. The fact they didn't touch either Stafford's or Kupp's contracts is significant IMO. I really feel this is their last contract for both and they will retire together at the end of the year. It's why I can see them going for a QB in round one and an edge and LT and WR on the second day.

by ramsman34
1 month 4 days ago
 Total posts:   8625  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

I’ll come back and give you your flowers if you’re right. But there is no way they take a QB in the first round. WR? Maybe and more likely. LT? Also possible and more likely. They have 2, maybe 3 seasons with Stafford and Kupp. They believe they are very close to being a legit SB contender. They have invested in the OL and TE and WR (but only for 1 season with D Rob and T Johnson). Those aren’t moves made to bring in a rookie QB with Stafford still at the top of his game. They are going for immediate impact in the first round. WR, LT, edge, maybe DL or corner. Not QB.

We are both very convinced of our belief in this. We will see in a few weeks.

by FMulder
1 month 4 days ago
 Total posts:   192  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

I’m no draft guru (but I play one on tv and stayed at a holiday inn last night) but I would be shocked if they didn’t go edge or DT with their first pick. I know seemingly every year there are X number of top QBs, and this season it seems to be true with WRs, but I only see them going QB and WR on day 3 with the outside hope they find a hidden gem. I think next year is the year they give the QB position the attention it deserves as well as WR with Kupp’s prime days diminishing and the other WRs (minus Puka obviously) place holders.

For any cry for OL or DB I honestly think they are ok with what they have and will take those positions-but later-with the hopes of maybe developing a few players.

My .02 is they go some combo of Edge and DT for the first 2 picks and then see who’s out there that they like (or are surprised) for the remainder.

This year doesn’t feel as desperate as I felt last offseason. Even with the huge AD loss, I think their young player development and their very efficient FA signings have put them in a position where they don’t have tons of obvious holes or weaknesses

by Elvis
1 month 4 days ago
Administrator

Dare wrote:They may show $14-$15M in cap space but it's deceptive. On average a team needs between $9-$11M in cap to sign their draft class. Teams normally like at least $5M in space to start the season to allow for injury replacement signings, etc.

IMO they are probably done with FAs unless something extraordinary happens.

The Rams draft is projected to add about $6.4 mil to their cap. And you're right they'll need/want some slack for the season. Plus we don't know how much White's contract will add to the cap.

They can always free up some space if they want and they can keep signing players around the vet minimum with practically no cap implications like with Tyler Johnson...

• 3 / 5
42 posts May 12 2024