487 posts
  • 21 / 49
 by snackdaddy
3 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   9740  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Yankees and Dodgers World Series? That would be a ratings gold mine for MLB.

Getting back on topic. With the Bills trading Diggs the assumption is they will draft a receiver with their first pick. Question is, would they trade up for one. Trading up for Harrison, Nabers or Odunze would be very costly for them.

Brian Thomas Jr. is the next best option after those three. Would they be willing to risk him dropping to them at 28? Or would they consider moving up to say, number 19 to ensure they get their guy?

by ramsman34
3 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   8709  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Youngblood22 wrote:Yankees?
Slowly I turn
Inch by inch
Step by step......

…Niagra Falls

by ramsman34
3 months 3 weeks ago

snackdaddy wrote:Yankees and Dodgers World Series? That would be a ratings gold mine for MLB.

Getting back on topic. With the Bills trading Diggs the assumption is they will draft a receiver with their first pick. Question is, would they trade up for one. Trading up for Harrison, Nabers or Odunze would be very costly for them.

Brian Thomas Jr. is the next best option after those three. Would they be willing to risk him dropping to them at 28? Or would they consider moving up to say, number 19 to ensure they get their guy?

Rams drop that low they might as well get outta the first altogether. Unless they want that 5th yr option.

I think the Rams trade up for a WR or LT. There aren’t 15 blue chip prospects after the QBs. Go up and get a difference maker or drop down and get more at bats. JMO.

by actionjack
3 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   4111  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

ramsman34 wrote:Rams drop that low they might as well get outta the first altogether. Unless they want that 5th yr option.

I think the Rams trade up for a WR or LT. There aren’t 15 blue chip prospects after the QBs. Go up and get a difference maker or drop down and get more at bats. JMO.

I still think the will go defense, especially after reading the article Jourdan had on Pastoors.
It sounds to me this is how they will add "cheap" talent to the defense to offset the money spent on offense. If Kupp is good we are fine at WR for now, but you never know with McVay...

by rams74
3 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1503  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

actionjack wrote:I still think the will go defense, especially after reading the article Jourdan had on Pastoors.
It sounds to me this is how they will add "cheap" talent to the defense to offset the money spent on offense. If Kupp is good we are fine at WR for now, but you never know with McVay...

This is what I think. I don't want us to use first round capital at WR (or QB). I think we need to go defense, and I think that's what the Rams have been signalling.

by PARAM
3 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   12328  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

It's interesting how differently ramsnation is looking at this draft. Most expect a defensive player. Some expect a trade down. A few think there may be a trade up. Even fewer believe a WR or QB may be the pick. I don't think the Rams have indicated anything, which is exactly how it should be. Keep everybody guessing including the competition. On one hand it may appear we need so much....DL, Edge, CB....and on the other hand we may not need as much as some think. Which makes it extremely interesting.

by ramsman34
3 months 3 weeks ago

rams74 wrote:This is what I think. I don't want us to use first round capital at WR (or QB). I think we need to go defense, and I think that's what the Rams have been signalling.

I get what both of you are saying. And I agree to go defense. The issue I have is the level of talent available at pick 19 compared to the rest of the first round and early second. If a blue chip talent on the Rams board is not there/they predict won’t be there, either trade up for a stud (again could be LT, WR, or edge/corner) or trade down and add picks to fill your defensive holes and depth.

by actionjack
3 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   4111  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2024/0 ... r-in-2024/

ME: A side note, Puka is training with Kupp this offseason and is down to 205 (from 220), says he likes it, feels good.

Puka Nacua: Cooper Kupp is 'on a revenge tour' in 2024
Cameron DaSilva
April 3, 2024 12:01 pm PT

Since his triple crown season in 2021, Cooper Kupp’s game has been trending in the wrong direction. Granted, no one expected him to put up those numbers again, but he’s been far less productive in the last two seasons due to injury.

He had just 812 yards in 2022 (nine games) and 737 yards last season (12 games), which combined is still less than his yardage total from 2021 (1,947). He had a season-ending ankle injury in 2022 and was hampered by a hamstring injury last year, but he’s now healthy and ready for a bounce-back year in 2024.

Puka Nacua has been training with Kupp this offseason and he can see the veteran’s motivation to get back to his All-Pro ways. Nacua said on Maxx Crosby’s podcast this week that Kupp is “on a revenge tour,” which should excite every Rams fan.

“I’ve been training with Coop so it’s been good. He’s on a revenge tour. He’s been able to get a healthy offseason and stuff so he’s back at it,” he said.

Kupp puts in as much time as anyone in the NFL when it comes to training and staying fit, which made last year’s injury limitations even more disappointing for him and the Rams. He still showed flashes of being a top-tier receiver last season with four 100-yard games, but he also had eight games with fewer than 55 yards.

When healthy, he and Nacua are one of the best receiving tandems in football.

by BobCarl
3 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   4331  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

actionjack wrote:Puka Nacua has been training with Kupp this offseason and he can see the veteran’s motivation to get back to his All-Pro ways. Nacua said on Maxx Crosby’s podcast this week that Kupp is “on a revenge tour,” which should excite every Rams fan.

It has been obvious to me that Nacua spent a lot of time learning from Kupp ... I even see some of Kupp's techniques in other receivers.

I'd love to see Nacua improve his footwork when facing press coverage, as he'll likely see more of it this season ... (not that was bad at it).

I'd also love to see Nacua learn enough to be let loose like Cupp is at making in-route adjustments based on the defense's post snap coverages ...

• 21 / 49
487 posts Jul 26 2024