226 posts
  • 1 / 23
 by PARAM
2 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   12260  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Edge:

Josh Allen (27), Brian Burns (26), Danielle Hunter (29), Bryce Huff (26), Jonathan Greenard (27)

CB:

Jaylon Johnson (25), L'Jarius Sneed (27), Chidobe Awuzie (29), Sean Murphy-Bunting (27)

G:

Kevin Dotson (27), Robert Hunt (28), Jonah Jackson (27)

DT:

Justin Madubike (26), Christian Wilkins (28)

TE:

Dalton Schultz (28)

LB:

Patrick Queen (25)
Frankie Luvu (27)

Obviously some of these guys will be tagged or resigned. But there are some pretty good free agents, young and headed into their prime, to be had and the Rams have money to spend. Thoughts?

by ramsman34
2 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   8564  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

I like the list, nice work. I would add our own Akhelo Whitherspoon to the corner list and possibly either Fuller or JJ at Safety. The devil you know kinda thing. I would add D Rob OR OBJ at WR.

Gonna need a #3 and Tutu ain’t him.

by Elvis
2 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   38589  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Dotson gonna be interesting, Rams obviously want/need him back but he's gonna have a market and Rams often let guys like that get paid elsewhere.

Fuller likely same, Rams just about never give Safeties a 2nd contract but then they don't stick to anything 100% of the time...

by /zn/
2 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   6771  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

Over.the.Cap.com just lowered the Rams estimated 2024 cap space again.

Now it’s 27.7 M (rounded up slightly).

They will not be able to do much with that.

They also do not list Shelton as an FA. His last year is 2024 so he’s a Ram in 2024. Spotrac.com also says he’s under contract in 2024 (https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles ... ton-25548/) That, however, contradicts some other reports.

by actionjack
2 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   3974  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Ill wait until the list becomes real, some will get tagged etc. Rams likely to get create cap space if they want with Note's and Allens constract.

I think the Rams will sign Dotson, I dont think his market will get crazy. Also I think the Rams will get help on the edge, the rest will be bargain signees...

by /zn/
2 months 3 weeks ago
Hall of Fame

actionjack wrote:Rams likely to get create cap space if they want with Note's and Allens constract.

Just one quick point. There's a problem with NB and Allen's money. If they are released or traded before June 1, they get 5 M for NB and 4.9 M for Allen. If they designate them both as post June 1 cuts, then they get 15 M foe NB and 7 M for Allen. The problem with post June 1 cuts though is that you don't get the cap money until June 2, which means thay until June 2 they have to carry their full contracts on the cap (and that's 28 M). So if it's post June 1, they get 22 M but only in June, which is fairly long after free agency in March.

by bubbaramfan
2 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1117  
United States of America   Carson Landfill
Pro Bowl

Wouldn't be surprised to see Rams let Shelton walk, move Avila to Center and draft a LT or G. Avila took a lot of snaps at C in college. Would solidify pass coverage up the middle of they resign Dotson, move Jackson to LG. I hope Noteboom is gone, too unreliable

by Elvis
2 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   38589  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

/zn/ wrote:Over.the.Cap.com just lowered the Rams estimated 2024 cap space again.

Now it’s 27.7 M (rounded up slightly).

They will not be able to do much with that.

They also do not list Shelton as an FA. His last year is 2024 so he’s a Ram in 2024. Spotrac.com also says he’s under contract in 2024 (https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles ... ton-25548/) That, however, contradicts some other reports.

Going by Spotrac, it's $35.3 mil which is down from $48 mil a few weeks ago. What do we think accounts for the difference? The Rams have added a 3rd round pick but that certainly doesn't add $13 mil to the projected 2024 cap...

by /zn/
2 months 3 weeks ago
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:Going by Spotrac, it's $35.3 mil which is down from $48 mil a few weeks ago. What do we think accounts for the difference? The Rams have added a 3rd round pick but that certainly doesn't add $13 mil to the projected 2024 cap...

I don't know exactly what's going on but it appears that everyone keeps changing their estimates of what the 2024 cap will be, and I think that's it. I don't know why over.the.cap and spotrac have different numbers, but they could just be estimating the 2024 cap differently.

by PARAM
2 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   12260  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Is his contract automatically void because he played 55% of snaps. Or can he say, "I'll take the 5 mil"?

No. I read it wrong. It's a 5 mil cap hit. His salary would have been 2 mil.

Right now OTC has him listed as a 5 mil cap hit but it's a 1 mil dead money and 4 mil cap savings. Maybe it doesn't come off the books till the league year begins??.

• 1 / 23
226 posts Apr 28 2024