230 posts
  • 2 / 23
 by safer
3 months 6 days ago
 Total posts:   1278  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

I've read that the Jags may release cb Darious Williams (who played well) due to cap restrictions. He would immediately improve our secondary and knows our system.

by actionjack
3 months 5 days ago
 Total posts:   4023  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Elvis wrote:Going by Spotrac, it's $35.3 mil which is down from $48 mil a few weeks ago. What do we think accounts for the difference? The Rams have added a 3rd round pick but that certainly doesn't add $13 mil to the projected 2024 cap...

The key is its all relative, we still have I believe the 11th best cap money, ultimately that will determine new contracts etc.

by snackdaddy
3 months 5 days ago
 Total posts:   9688  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

If they're gonna be limited in what they can do, I would guess they already have an idea in what the plan is. I hope Dotson and Shelton are priorities. Continuity on the line is crucial. I also hope they can sign an upper tier pass rusher. And maybe a solid vet corner. I'm pretty sure some of the guys mentioned in the OP's list will be franchise tagged. Whoever is left might be expensive with the competition for big contracts dwindling.

by /zn/
3 months 4 days ago
 Total posts:   6784  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

/zn/ wrote:They also do not list Shelton as an FA. His last year is 2024 so he’s a Ram in 2024. Spotrac.com also says he’s under contract in 2024 (https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles ... ton-25548/) That, however, contradicts some other reports.

Well Rodrigue cleared this up.

from https://theathletic.com/5252700/2024/02 ... ed_article

Coleman Shelton*, C

A point of clarity on Shelton: He is not yet technically an unrestricted free agent, though could become one if he decides to void the last year in his contract. He has until late February to decide, shortly before the new league year begins. If he declines to void 2024, he will have one year left on his deal.

Shelton, a former undrafted free agent, became the Rams’ full-time starter at center through the 2022 and 2023 seasons.

by PARAM
3 months 4 days ago
 Total posts:   12289  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

/zn/ wrote:Well Rodrigue cleared this up.

So he's got the option. I wonder if he stays, they'll just give him a little raise. He saw how good Avila played on one side of him and Dotson on the other. As everybody else did. They could get lucky and sign Dotson, sign Alaric and Shelton takes the 2024 salary, with a slight raise. Problem solved. 5 returning starters. Hopefully.

Now that edge issue.........I've seen mocks and free agent destination predictions and we took 1 in our top 2 picks (OL in the first) in the draft. They did predict Dotson would resign with us and IIRC, an ILB.

by BobCarl
3 months 3 days ago
 Total posts:   4322  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

bubbaramfan wrote:move Avila to Center
... Yes, he'd be a great center.

Avila has a very high game IQ, but I like him just where he is.

His screen-blocking and run-blocking is at near elite level, he always knows where the mike is and has an uncanny ability to cause a disturbance at the 2nd level. At center, Avila's talents wouldn't be utilized as much.

by snackdaddy
2 months 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   9688  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I don't recall the Rams ever getting into the initial signing frenzy when free agency begins. So I imagine most the big names will be gone by the time they decide to delve into it. We do need an edge rusher opposite Young. Not sure if I'd bank on a rookie being that guy his first year. That position can take a year or two to develop.

The offense was the reason we made a run at the playoffs. You don't want to take a step back from that. Signing Dotson should be a priority for continuity. Shelton too if he opts out.

by PARAM
2 months 4 weeks ago
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:I don't recall the Rams ever getting into the initial signing frenzy when free agency begins. So I imagine most the big names will be gone by the time they decide to delve into it. We do need an edge rusher opposite Young. Not sure if I'd bank on a rookie being that guy his first year. That position can take a year or two to develop.

The offense was the reason we made a run at the playoffs. You don't want to take a step back from that. Signing Dotson should be a priority for continuity. Shelton too if he opts out.

Not so sure about that. It depends on what happens with our own free agents. If we sign Dotson and/or Shelton, or Shelton opts to stay, we could sign somebody in the first wave. I'd think it would have to be a stellar player they could get under contract for 4 or 5 years so he'd have to be young. The only positions I think fit that scenario are Edge and CB. And both should be worthy of a 4 or 5 year deal.

by PARAM
2 months 4 weeks ago
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:

Howie Rosen always demands over payment for his trades. For a team with 1 Lombardi in 58 years, that seems a bit arrogant. In other words, 'WTF good is he to you?'. He will be 30 in September though. I'd go after both he and Danielle Hunter, also 29 but will turn 30 the end of October. Either would be great opposite Young and along side AD. One of those 2, a vet CB and some more defensive draft choices. We'd be fine.

• 2 / 23
230 posts May 12 2024