9 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by snackdaddy
7 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   9721  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

His presence does change things for the offense. He's a 3 down back with his ability to catch passes out of the backfield. But McVay's gotta be smart with his usage. He's had some injury history. Freeman should be spelling him with at least 25 percent of the carries. Maybe more.

On another note, I guess they knew what they were doing when they shipped Akers out to Minnesota. He had 38 carries in 6 games there. 3.6 YPA. Now he's on IR. My guess is he'll be signing a low cost one year deal next year with someone. Too bad. He had potential to be good and get a nice contract. But those 'Philosophical differences" might follow him wherever he goes.

by BrooklynRam74
7 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   237  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

snackdaddy wrote:His presence does change things for the offense. He's a 3 down back with his ability to catch passes out of the backfield. But McVay's gotta be smart with his usage. He's had some injury history. Freeman should be spelling him with at least 25 percent of the carries. Maybe more.

On another note, I guess they knew what they were doing when they shipped Akers out to Minnesota. He had 38 carries in 6 games there. 3.6 YPA. Now he's on IR. My guess is he'll be signing a low cost one year deal next year with someone. Too bad. He had potential to be good and get a nice contract. But those 'Philosophical differences" might follow him wherever he goes.

That, along with TWO Achilles tears....

by PARAM
7 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   12320  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

BrooklynRam74 wrote:That, along with TWO Achilles tears....

Yeah, that's gonna make it a very low one year deal.....if he gets one.

2 Achilles, philosophical differences, fumbles.....he'll be fortunate to get an offer.

Kyren has been an excellent surprise but I'm also impressed with Freeman. He ALWAYS moves forward....with power.

by Haden
7 months 6 days ago
 Total posts:   2144  
United States of America   Spokane, WA
RFU Survivor Champ

Hopefully he is our new Todd Gurley. When Gurley was healthy, we were almost unstoppable. No way that we don’t kill Patriots in the SB with a healthy Gurley. The question with Kyren will be if he can stay healthy.

by BobCarl
6 months 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   4331  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

snackdaddy wrote:He's a 3 down back ...
most of his yards come when the defense has 6 in the box.

Love his stiff-arm, and love his runs after catching a screen pass.

Can he prove himself in a loaded box? I'm optimistic, I wouldn't call him a "power back" but he's certainly a punishing runner.

• 1 / 1
9 posts Jul 08 2024