166 posts
  • 1 / 17
 by ramsman34
8 months 6 days ago
 Total posts:   8681  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

As of right now, before SNF AND MNF. Updating in real time. If this thread gets stickied, we can update each week to see how long it takes before we shift from playoff watch to draft watch.

STANDINGS
WC - Dallas 5-2 (Philly 7-1)
WC - Seattle 5-2 (SF 5-3)
WC - Minn 4-4 (Detroit 5-2 pending MNF) * potentially lost Cousins for the year - Achilles.

NO 4-4
Tampa 3-4
Rams 3-5
Wash 3-5
GB 2-5
Chi 2-5
NY 2-6

And the sad reality is that cincy is beating the whiners and had we beat the bengals and Steelers as we should have, our records would be the same. Even after being blown out today.

We have head to head vs GB, NO, Wash, NY. So as demoralizing as this last game was - considering where the rest of the NFC is, Cousin’s injury, and the head to heads remaining - we are not going to be eliminated for a few weeks, if at all.

It’s just really hard to think we are a playoff team after the past 2 weeks.

by PARAM
8 months 5 days ago
 Total posts:   12319  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

ramsman34 wrote:We have head to head vs GB, NO, Wash, NY. So as demoralizing as this last game was - considering where the rest of the NFC is, Cousin’s injury, and the head to heads remaining - we are not going to be eliminated for a few weeks, if at all.

Philly, San Fran, Detroit, Dallas and Seattle are playoff teams. That was predicted by the experts going into 2023. Anybody under .500 from last year isn't a playoff team until after week 18 when the standings say they are.

by ramsman34
8 months 5 days ago

PARAM wrote:Philly, San Fran, Detroit, Dallas and Seattle are playoff teams. That was predicted by the experts going into 2023. Anybody under .500 from last year isn't a playoff team until after week 18 when the standings say they are.

Let me rephrase then. The Rams, based on the last 2 weeks, don’t look like they will make the playoffs. However, the evidence I listed supports that we won’t know until the Rams are either confirmed a playoff team or mathematically eliminated.

This thread will be where I/we can keep track on a weekly basis. For all those who want to or care.

by Joe Pendleton
8 months 5 days ago
 Total posts:   1843  
Virgin Islands (USA)   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

:lol2: Joe P cares! sound of smoke "phewww".. honestly, i wanted at least one of my Kids to become an Attorney! (well written Sir/Madam) ;)

by actionjack
8 months 5 days ago
 Total posts:   4087  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

ramsman34 wrote:As of right now, before SNF AND MNF. Updating in real time. If this thread gets stickied, we can update each week to see how long it takes before we shift from playoff watch to draft watch.

STANDINGS
WC - Seattle 5-2 (SF 5-3)
WC - Minn 4-4 (Detroit 5-2 pending MNF) * potentially lost Cousins for the year - Achilles.

NO 4-4
Tampa 3-4
Rams 3-5
Wash 3-5
GB 2-5
Chi 2-5
NY 2-6

And the sad reality is that cincy is beating the whiners and had we beat the bengals and Steelers as we should have, our records would be the same. Even after being blown out today.

We have head to head vs GB, NO, Wash, NY. So as demoralizing as this last game was - considering where the rest of the NFC is, Cousin’s injury, and the head to heads remaining - we are not going to be eliminated for a few weeks, if at all.

If Stafford misses more then the GB game we are toast (or has lingering issues), frankly without Staff good chance we lose to GB. It is too bad since our schedule does lighten up. Would have loved to play Seattle after our bye at home with a healthy Stafford.

The Rams now need to be thinking about getting the next QB, might be the year to move up (not Caleb) and get one of the top guys in a quality QB class.

by actionjack
8 months 5 days ago
 Total posts:   4087  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

18% chance now, win a few and odds improve a lot

by ramsman34
8 months 3 days ago

ramsman34 wrote:As of right now, before SNF AND MNF. Updating in real time. If this thread gets stickied, we can update each week to see how long it takes before we shift from playoff watch to draft watch.

STANDINGS
WC - Seattle 5-2 (SF 5-3; added Young)
WC - Minn 4-4 (Detroit 6-2) Cousins out, Dobbs in

NO 4-4
Tampa 3-4
Rams 3-5
Wash 3-5: Sold Sweat and Young.
GB 2-5
Chi 2-5 : Added Sweat
NY 2-6

Updated after trades and MNF. Washington looks to be throwin’ in the towel. No one else in our echelon made any moves except Chicago.

We still are very much alive.

by Elvis
8 months 3 days ago
 Total posts:   38917  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Rams are currently 10th in the NFC playoff seeding and also would draft 10th if the draft were today...

by ramsman34
8 months 3 days ago

Elvis wrote:Rams are currently 10th in the NFC playoff seeding and also would draft 10th if the draft were today...

STANDINGS
Philly 7-1
Lions 6-2
Seattle 5-2
Atlanta 4-4
WC - Dallas 5-2
WC - SF 5-3
WC - Minn 4-4

8 - NO 4-4
9 - Tampa 3-4
10 - Rams 3-5
11 - Wash 3-5
12 - GB 2-5
13 - NY 2-6
14 - Chi 2-5

It’s the head to head matchups that will likely determine the 7th seed. 1-6 look pretty set. Rams will be in this longer than people think. Not sure it matters. But once you’re in the dance, anything can happen.

I will add the draft order if we lose to GB or once we get to 7 losses.

by snackdaddy
8 months 3 days ago
 Total posts:   9721  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I see 5 teams on the schedule that do not look any better than us. But I can't say we're better than them. So odds are we won't win all 5. I see a couple that are better but not by much. And a couple more that are clearly better than us. We'd pretty much have to beat at least the 5 teams that are middle of the pack or worse. Not sure we can accomplish that. We will see.

• 1 / 17
166 posts Jul 05 2024