by Elvis
8 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   38376  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... uper-bowl/

Faulk “sad” for St. Louis, still thinks Patriots cheated to win Super Bowl

by Zac Jackson on February 2, 2016, 5:14 PM EST

Hall of Famer Marshall Faulk stopped by PFT Live Tuesday on Radio Row in San Francisco and talked about the Rams moving from St. Louis — where Faulk was part of a Super Bowl winner in 1999 — to Los Angeles.

“My immediate reaction is that I’m sad for St. Louis, sad for the city,” Faulk said. “I’m thankful for what the fans gave us during our time there.

“I think Los Angeles is now ready for football. There are enough Rams, Raiders fans, and then the transplants. It’s time for us to have football in that market.”

Faulk was elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2011. He now works for NFL Network, so he’s been busy talking Super Bowl for 10 days. He said he remembers his team winning Super Bowl XXXIV more than he remembers losing to the Patriots two years later, though he won’t pass on a chance to bring up his belief that the Patriots cheated to win that game.

“We could all see the tapes and see what they saw and that would end it,” Faulk said. “But we know that’s not possible.”

Faulk was with the Colts in 1998, Peyton Manning’s rookie year, before he was traded to the Rams. He said Tuesday he believes Sunday’s Super Bowl will be Manning’s final game.

“If you know Peyton, he’s avoiding it because he doesn’t want to put that pressure on anyone else of what his last game should be. He just wants to play and not deal with it,” Faulk said. “He understands it won’t alleviate pressure from his teammates.

“I think if we hear it, it will be on the podium after he’s done, saying that he’s walking anyway. Every athlete, that’s the dream, winning that last one…and at that moment tell people that’s it and ride off into the sunset.”

For more from Faulk, including what he misses about football and his new gig with NFL Network, watch the full interview:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... oAoVbS6SrF

by Neil039
8 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   2664  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

If only a could see the tapes. Personally, that game haunts me as a fan. There is just no way that the Patriots were so in tune with the play calls and what about all the no call holds on Faulk?

Thanks for posting it E!

• 1 / 1
2 posts Mar 28 2024