22 posts
  • 1 / 3
 by PARAM
8 months 5 days ago
 Total posts:   12304  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Last week the NFL passed the quarter mark of the season. After this week the season will be a third done. That doesn't happen in back to back weeks if "it's a long season". Time to get busy winning or get busy dying.

TNF:
Denver (1-4) +10.5 @ Kansas City (4-1)
The Chefs don't have a stellar WR corp. I don't think it can even be classified as very good. Hell, in reality, they could be called shitty. Their run game isn't that great; RBs are 106 for 439; 4.1. And they've only won 1 game by more than 8. But they're 4-1. Yep, QB is the most important position in football. So why are the Broncos 1-4 with Russell Wilson? O-V-E-R-R-A-T-E-D!!!!

Sunday Across the pond:
Baltimore (3-2) vs Tennessee (2-3) +4
The Ravens RBs have almost an identical output on the ground as KC. 106 for 431. But Lamar has run 47 times for 265 (5.6). And their receiving corp, led by a first round rookie, isn't much better than KC. Titan WRs are led by DHop (26 for 356) but they have a total of 2 receiving TDs, both by Nick Westbrook-Ikhine. Who???? And Derrick Henry's 3.8 ypc is way off his career mark (4.7). Somebody roll out a soccer ball and let's see what they can do with that!!!

Sunday Early Games:
Washington (2-3) +2.5 @ Atlanta (3-2)
I read Sam Howell was a "sit him" QB in fantasy this week. Why? Because the Falcons are #7 vs the pass? They have 5 sacks in 5 games!!! Perhaps they're #7 because they've faced 2 rookies, Jordan Love and Trevor Lawrence in 4 games? I don't know but I want a Washington win here to give another NFC team 3 losses.

Minnesota (1-4) @ Chicago (1-4) +2.5
Kirk Cousins has a 101.7 QB rating with 13 TD passes but Justin Jefferson is now on IR. Justin Fields has 11 TD passes and had a 125.3 QB rating last week. DJ Moore went wild with 230 yards and 3 TDs. If Chicago wins this one, is Cousins a NY Jet sooner? I might even watch this game, if nothing more than to see what Cam Akers does.

Seattle (3-1) +2.5 @ Cincinnati (2-3)
The real Joe Cool finally showed up last week. And not too soon. Cincinnati is in the thick of the AFC North race again. Seattle is a quiet 3-1 but they're 0-3 the last 3 years coming off the bye. Ram fans really need a Bengal win here.

San Francisco (5-0) @ Cleveland (2-2) +7
When were the Browns 'only' a 7 point dog vs an undefeated team this far into the season? I don't know. I'm asking. Watson has a banged up shoulder. Chubb is on IR. But the Browns are undefeated outside their division (1-0 :lol2: ). And they are the #1 defense in the NFL. But like I said, they have only played 1 game outside a division not exactly known for offense.

Carolina (0-5) +13.5 @ Miami (4-1)
After losing to Buffalo, the Dolphins took the division lead right back last week. The Panthers haven't allowed less than 20 points in any game this year. 70 points in a game has been attained 4 times (3 in the regular season). 60 points 23 (21 in the regular season). The Rams are the only team to score 70 and 60. The Dolphins might join them this week (although the Rams did that in back to back weeks during the 1950 season).

Indianapolis (3-2) +4 @ Jacksonville (3-2)
The winner takes over the AFC South lead all by their lonesome. Jacksonville is 1-4 the following week after their last five London trips. And they've never been there 2 weeks in a row. Richardson is out but Minshew is more than capable. Who had the Colts leading the division 6 weeks into the season?

New Orleans (3-2) @ Houston (2-3) +1.5
CJ Stroud has played well but he goes against a pretty good D this week. The Saints need a win to keep pace with divison leading Tampa Bay. DeMeco Ryans has the Texans playing good ball. This might be a good game.

Sunday Late Games:

New England (1-4) +3 @ Las Vegas (2-3)
The two guys who's careers were enhanced the most by the presence of Tom Brady face off in this one. Three guys if you count Jimmy G (all he does is win and he learned how to win from Brady). And that's the only interesting things about this matchup.

Philadelphia (5-0) @ NY Jets (2-3) +7
The Eagles haven't exactly been dominating teams like last year. The Jets wouldn't have been given a chance in years past. Even less so without Rodgers under center. Yet somehow this game looks more interesting than it should. It would be the upset of the season though.

Detroit (4-1) @ Tampa Bay (3-1) +3.5
The Lions are favored here and IMO, they should be. Tampa did beat the Saints last week but they really don't look that impressive. The Lions look like a very good team. They've yet to score less than 20 and have hit 30 in 3 of the last 4 weeks. They've won 12 of their last 15 games. The battle of ex-Rams QBs.....yeah Baker was a Rams for a whopping 5 weeks. So sue me!

SNF:

NY Giants (1-4) +14 @ Buffalo (3-2)

Since the NFL didn't flex this game out of SNF, they shouldn't flex any game out. They can do it twice between weeks 5 and 10. I guess they're waiting for the Bears/Rams (week 8) and Jets/Raiders (week 10), though they'll probably keep the latter there just to show highlights of the Heidi game. If Buffalo doesn't win this game by 30 they should lose a 2024 draft pick!!!

MNF:

Dallas (3-2) @ LA Chargers (2-2) +2.5
This game is interesting. If the Cowboys lose.......and I believe there's a pretty good chance of that........I wonder if Cowboy fans will be chanting for Trey Lance? If the Chargers lose....and there's also a pretty good chance of that......I wonder if Charger fans will be chanting for Staley's head? In any event, it should be a good watch, with the added of element of "which head coach will screw up the most?".

by Zen_Ronin
8 months 5 days ago
 Total posts:   2053  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

👀

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

by PARAM
8 months 4 days ago
Hall of Fame

Denver with a massive 81 yards of offense in the first half!! Boy, that Payton-Wilson combo is tearing it up!!

by Joe Pendleton
8 months 4 days ago
 Total posts:   1843  
Virgin Islands (USA)   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

lol.. they were terrible, an RFFL little bird tweeted that "wilson should be avail on the waiver wire soon" dude just lost it, sad man :cry2:

by Elvis
8 months 4 days ago
 Total posts:   38885  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Welp, now every team in the NFL knows which plays not to run, ever...

by PARAM
8 months 4 days ago
Hall of Fame

He has multiple colored pens?
Attachments
Screenshot_20231013_073035_Gallery.jpg

by PARAM
8 months 3 days ago
Hall of Fame

San Francisco (5-0) @ Cleveland (2-2) +7

Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson will miss a second consecutive game with a right shoulder injury, the team announced Friday.

PJ Walker will start at quarterback Sunday against the San Francisco 49ers.

NY Giants (1-4) +14 @ Buffalo (3-2)

New York Giants quarterback Daniel Jones will not play against the Buffalo Bills on Sunday night because of a neck injury, coach Brian Daboll said Friday.

Jones was injured Sunday in a 31-16 loss to the Miami Dolphins when his neck snapped back violently as he was hit from behind on his sixth sack of the game. He has not practiced this week.

"I think he's getting better, but not good enough to play in this game," Daboll said.

Tyrod Taylor has been taking the first-team reps at practice and will start against his former team, the Bills.

It's uncertain if he will have Saquon Barkley available, as Daboll would only say the running back is "closer" to a return than previous weeks. Barkley is listed as questionable after being limited again this week in practice and moving with limitations. He has missed the past three games with a high ankle sprain.

Carolina (0-5) +13.5 @ Miami (4-1)

Carolina Panthers running back Miles Sanders won't play against the Miami Dolphins on Sunday because of a shoulder injury, one of six Carolina players ruled out.

Chuba Hubbard and Laviska Shenault Jr. will carry the running game in his absence.

"We'll do it by committee, but Chuba will more than likely get the bulk of the carries," coach Frank Reich said Friday.

The Panthers (0-5) also will be without both starting safeties -- Vonn Bell (quad) and Xavier Woods (hamstring) -- in addition to starting cornerback Jaycee Horn (hamstring, IR) against the NFL's highest-scoring offense.

Also ruled out Friday are left guard Chandler Zavala (neck) and tight end Gio Ricci (shoulder).

Outside linebacker Brian Burns (ankle) and defensive tackle Derrick Brown (knee/ankle) are questionable. Burns was a full participant in Friday's practice, Brown limited.

by Joe Pendleton
8 months 3 days ago
Pro Bowl

what am i looking at (with the red ink) PA? (lol)

by PARAM
8 months 3 days ago
Hall of Fame

Joe Pendleton wrote:what am i looking at (with the red ink) PA? (lol)

Miami's offense playing Carolina without 3/4's of their secondary and possibly without a DL and Edge. Could get very ugly, very fast.

by Joe Pendleton
8 months 3 days ago
Pro Bowl

wait, they hung what was it a 70? (on the mules rt)?? could they break their own record, and pull an "80 burger"???.. lmfao bro :D

• 1 / 3
22 posts Jun 17 2024