93 posts
  • 9 / 10
 by Elvis
7 months 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   38771  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

bremillard wrote:If I'm not mistaken, they have covered the spread all 4 games.

Bengals game is debatable, spread was all over the place...

by Elvis
7 months 2 weeks ago
Administrator

actionjack wrote:I mean I am not sure what they could have done, they just just execute on those. We make 1 of those FG's the game was over.

Matt Gay missed a very makeable FG too so that stuff goes both ways and the math could've been a little different had he made his.

I would've been happier had they continued to do what they had been doing, mix the pass and run, keep attacking down field, just think it's too soon to start trimming your sails in the first half.

To me it was noticeable and i didn't think it was that smart. Obviously i had no idea the 2nd half was gonna go the way it did but in real time it did bother me some...

by actionjack
7 months 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   4039  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Elvis wrote:Matt Gay missed a very makeable FG too so that stuff goes both ways and the math could've been a little different had he made his.

I would've been happier had they continued to do what they had been doing, mix the pass and run, keep attacking down field, just think it's too soon to start trimming your sails in the first half.

To me it was noticeable and i didn't think it was that smart. Obviously i had no idea the 2nd half was gonna go the way it did but in real time it did bother me some...

Agreed a FG miss happens, but I get in that game a FG would have solidified the win. I dont mind McVay leaning on the running game, we tend to do well when he does, but if you run it on 3rd and 4, you should probably go for it at 4th and 2.

The second half shows what momentum can do for a team, I knew after the TD by Indy, Staff would throw a pick. He seems to always do that to continue momo for the other team. These young Rams need to learn how to retake the momo quicker....

by ramman2999
7 months 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   572  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

Can we say something in here.?

Aaron Donald is still the best player in the NFL.

Here are my facts.

He single handily wrecked that game against the Colts. Richardson couldn’t do anything because Donald kept pushing that line back.

He looks great. Tremendous shape and he has a look on his face that I didn’t see last season. He’s smiling.

I’m telling y’all this guy having him we can win a super bowl getting on this guys back for a super bowl run.

With Stafford Nicaea Nacua Kupp Atwell

This line we can win this. It’s wide open.

Purdy can have a bad game Hurts can have a bad game. We can beat the lions.

And maybe we see the dolphins in the super bowl.

But if we coach correct and play the right way. We have something here.

by BuiltRamTough
7 months 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   5357  
Armenia   Los Angeles
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:4 weeks in....

2-2 (better than most expected)

#4 Offense (a little better than most expected.....and all without Cooper Kupp)

#9 Defense (waaay better than most expected)

Exactly, it's surprising how good we actually are considering all the young players we have.

by PARAM
7 months 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   12295  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:Matt Gay missed a very makeable FG too so that stuff goes both ways and the math could've been a little different had he made his.

First, it's a catch-22. Sure, everybody wants to see the Rams put their foot on the opponents throat but in the first half? I don't think they were "cruising". I think they were playing it smart.

Up 14-0, 3rd and 20 at the Indy 25. They ran for 3 yards. Indy was expecting pass. Suppose they do pass and the ball gets tipped and picked? Suppose Stafford is sacked and fumbles? Aggressive is good but it's also risky. I prefer a 17 point lead over a 14 point lead or a 14-7 game.

On the next drive they have a 3rd and 6 at the Indy 29. A run would have been conservative but they passed and Stafford was sacked. Maher makes a 54 yarder and it's 20-0.

The next drive they ran out of time. Up 20 zip in their own end they ran on 3 consecutive plays. 6 yards, 3 yards and 20 yards. Then they passed twice for a net of 6 yards (-1 and 7) and attempted another FG that would have made it 23 zip at the half. I don't think that's taking your foot off the gas. I think that's smart football, especially with a young team.

But that's just me. Indy climbed back into the game so credit to them. But had we been more aggressive earlier, we might not allowed that OR a mistake here or there might have allowed that SOONER.

by Elvis
7 months 2 weeks ago
Administrator

PARAM wrote:First, it's a catch-22. Sure, everybody wants to see the Rams put their foot on the opponents throat but in the first half? I don't think they were "cruising". I think they were playing it smart.

Up 14-0, 3rd and 20 at the Indy 25. They ran for 3 yards. Indy was expecting pass. Suppose they do pass and the ball gets tipped and picked?

Or what if Kyren fumbles? Oh wait he did.

Foot on the throat? I'm just saying play your game, it's still the first half. Teams come back. You don't make every long FG.

If it was the 4th quarter up 20-0, sure but 2nd quarter? Seemed like bad strategy to me...

by rams74
7 months 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1492  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

Elvis wrote:Or what if Kyren fumbles? Oh wait he did.

Foot on the throat? I'm just saying play your game, it's still the first half. Teams come back. You don't make every long FG.

If it was the 4th quarter up 20-0, sure but 2nd quarter? Seemed like bad strategy to me...

I agree completely. It was clear to my eyes that McVay wanted to run out the clock -- for over a half.

• 9 / 10
93 posts May 18 2024