11 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by Hacksaw
8 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Save the Rams from what?

That looks more like Aaron Donald j/k,,, but we're on the cover of something. Good sign.

by bubbaramfan
8 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   1118  
United States of America   Carson Landfill
Pro Bowl

WoW! Rams made the cover of Lindy's? One of the Better rags, haven't checked out this years yet.

by moklerman
8 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Yeah, bad design there. Either put a picture of Foles with the headline or even better, make a headline about Donald, who deserves to be on the cover.

Is Lindy's like football mags of the past that would do regional covers?

by Hacksaw
8 years 11 months ago

Good call molker. Here's a couple more.
Attachments
mFATOButtzrr9_X-zuuaO5g.jpg
$_35.jpg

by den-the-coach
8 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   870  
United States of America   Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Veteran

moklerman wrote:
Is Lindy's like football mags of the past that would do regional covers?

They've done regional covers for years although at one time I felt they were the best. It's really not like it used to be with the Magazines. I remember the first Street and Smith my Aunt bought me for my birthday in September of 1978. I read that cover to cover and would always look for them every year after that.

Lindy's was great because they had a comment on every player on their roster page which made it unique, but now because of today's day and age we know more about each player then they do or maybe we always did and didn't know any better.

by snackdaddy
8 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   9707  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Can Foles save Rams? Or can Rams save Foles? He's just going to be a piece of the overall puzzle. His job is not to carry the team. His job is to help them with within the context of the system. He wouldn't have the responsibility of QB's like Rogers, Brees, Manning or Brady. He's gotta take care of the ball and make just enough plays to allow the defense to do their thing.

by max
8 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   5591  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

One of the first football publication I remember reading was a small book that had Frank Gifford report on each team.

What I distinctly remember about it was Gifford call Les Josephson the Rams "Man for all reasons" in a play on words after the award winning movie of the time A Man for All Seasons.

Funny thing is, I just heard Tom Brokaw on with Fred Roggin on Thursday and he was talking about how he was close friends with Josephson back when he was living in LA. Brought back a lot of good memories of #34.

by Hacksaw
8 years 11 months ago

Lester was one of my first favorite Rams. He a Gabe made me a fan. Well those mesmerizing horns too, of course.

by den-the-coach
8 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   870  
United States of America   Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Veteran

Hacksaw wrote:Lester was one of my first favorite Rams. He a Gabe made me a fan. Well those mesmerizing horns too, of course.

And the Deacon of Defense of course!

• 1 / 2
11 posts Jun 17 2024