8 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   38381  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/p ... ree-agents

Where Rams stand with their many free agents

Jan 29, 2016
Nick Wagoner

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- The offseason here is for the Los Angeles Rams and now that we know where they'll be playing their home games for the long term, things have settled down enough to spend our weekends answering a few of your Twitter questions.

As always, you can find me on Twitter @nwagoner and fire away with any Rams-related questions you might have. Please use hashtag #RamsMail so I can see them.

On to your questions.

@nwagoner: By now, you've probably seen that the Philadelphia Eagles have been active in signing some of their own players to contract extensions. As always, you'll see a lot of that going on around the league in the coming days and weeks. Of course, the Rams are in a unique position where they have a whole lot going on at the moment. Chief Operating Officer Kevin Demoff is hard at work on facilitating the team's move to Los Angeles, though senior assistant Tony Pastoors is more than capable of handling negotiations. At this point, there doesn't appear to be anything imminent, but things can come together quickly so we can't rule out the possibility of the Rams getting some things done before free agency in March. The other thing to remember is that with free agency this close, a lot of agents and players will wait to see what the market bears before re-signing unless their team comes with a huge offer. Janoris Jenkins, for example, will likely wait until that three-day negotiating window opens before making a decision. The upcoming scouting combine is also a hotbed of discussion for teams and agents so for the bigger names on the Rams' free agent list, it's more likely that potential pre-free agency deals would wait until then. It's also worth noting that teams can begin using the franchise and transition tags on players around then as well.

@nwagoner: This is probably the most-asked question I've gotten since the NFL approved the Rams' move. People love their uniforms and, understandably, the fans in Los Angeles would like to see the old Rams colors -- be it the blue and yellow or the blue and whites -- brought back. The thing is, the NFL has strict rules on when a team can change color schemes and uniforms and requires its teams to offer plenty of notice for such a change to take place. The Rams have obviously been planning on a move for some time so I'm sure they've had the wheels spinning, and Demoff has said recently that the team has had conversations with the league about uniforms for 2016 and beyond. So it's not out of the realm of possibility they'll have something new for next year, but it remains to be seen how quickly such a decision will be made, especially considering how many other pieces of business they must take care of right now. My understanding is the Rams are hoping to incorporate some of their traditional colors, keep the horns on the helmet and come up with something new that mixes nostalgia with the future.

by snackdaddy
8 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   9631  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I believe this is the most important offseason of the Fisher/Snead tenure. They got a pass due to the whole relocation thing. Now thats over and they got their new home. Its time to get down to the business of winning now. A fifth losing season would probably be the end of their tenure. They have to win this year.

I believe its imperative they don't lose all three of their key secondary players, Jenkins, Johnson and Barron. Secondary depth would be paper thin if that happens. Resigning at least two of them should be a top priority. And the quarterback thing should be the next priority. Odds are, there won't be a decent quarterback available in free agency. But if Fitzpatrick or Cousins by some miracle hit the open market, they gotta pull out all the stops to try and sign one of them.

They need to rework some contracts (JL and CL) and cut loose overpaid players (Cook) in order to clear up cap space in order to retain their key free agents. They need to look at the receiver and linebacker positions too. If they can't pick up a decent quarterback at least give the incumbents some weapons. They really need to improve their 3rd down conversions.

If Fisher and Snead want to be around when the new stadium gets built, they need to win.

by Hacksaw
8 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

I believe Fish will be more open minded as he would likely want to coach this LA team for a while. He needs to roll out a winner.

• 1 / 1
3 posts Mar 28 2024