171 posts
  • 1 / 18
 by NJRAMFAN1
1 year 4 months ago
 Total posts:   146  
United States of America   Jersey
Practice Squad

Per ProFootballTalk.com:

Rams cornerback Jalen Ramsey had two interceptions in the final game of the regular season and then posted a tweet suggesting that it might have been his final game with the team.

Ramsey wrote that he went out with a bang “if that’s the end” and the prospect of a trade isn’t one to ignore given the Rams’ need for cap space and draft assets as they try to move past a dismal 2022 season. Rams COO Kevin Demoff didn’t come close to ruling out a deal when asked about how much of a priority keeping Ramsey will be this offseason.

“Jalen’s been a huge piece of what we’ve done and I think, for all of our players, it’s going to be about figuring out what’s best moving forward,” Demoff said, via Bridget Condon of NFL Media. “When you are a team like the Rams who have had success, we have a lot of great players. People are always inquiring about our talent. It’s not just Jalen, we get calls on all of our good players all the time. The next few months, we’ll see what direction this team goes, but could not be more grateful for Jalen for what he’s done for the Rams leading this defense.”

Ramsey has $5 million of his $17 million salary guaranteed and another $7.5 million becomes guaranteed on March 22, so the Rams may be making a call in the near future about whether Ramsey is going to continue to be a big part of what they’re doing on defense.

by AvengerRam
1 year 4 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

It comes down to the price.

If the Rams could, for example, obtain a first round pick that would put them in a position to obtain a Blue Chip talent at OT or EDGE, along with other selections to bolster the roster (plus some cap savings), it could be tempting.

Absent a big compensation package, though, I'd say "no thanks."

by Hacksaw
1 year 4 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Agreed AR. Exactly.

Demoff's comments do have a past tense ring to them.

by NJRAMFAN1
1 year 4 months ago
Practice Squad

I doubt they get a 1st rounder plus for him with that salary.

I would settle for 2 seconds or a 2nd and 3rd. Free up some cap space too.

Even without him we would still have bigger needs than corner because we don't play that much man coverage.

by JackPMiller
1 year 4 months ago
 Total posts:   2729  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

NJRAMFAN1 wrote:I doubt they get a 1st rounder plus for him with that salary.

I would settle for 2 seconds or a 2nd and 3rd. Free up some cap space too.

Even without him we would still have bigger needs than corner because we don't play that much man coverage.

If we do get a first, I'd wish it would be in the top 8. Atlanta does need a CB. With that pick, I'd take Paris Johnson OT Ohio State in a heartbeat. If we can't get that first round pick, the top ten, I would take a 1st in 2024, and a 3rd round pick this year.

We can get a CB, Denzel Burke(Ohio State), "Kool Aid" McKinstry(Alabama), or even Kamari Lassiter(Georgia)

If Matt Stafford retires after this season, I feel that Jaxson Dart would be great for us. I feel he will be a much better pro, than a college QB, just like Patrick Mahomes.

According to this guy, that is a beatwriter for the Detroit Lions has this stupid trade

by Haden
1 year 4 months ago
 Total posts:   2144  
United States of America   Spokane, WA
RFU Survivor Champ

JackPMiller wrote:If we do get a first, I'd wish it would be in the top 8. Atlanta does need a CB. With that pick, I'd take Paris Johnson OT Ohio State in a heartbeat. If we can't get that first round pick, the top ten, I would take a 1st in 2024, and a 3rd round pick this year.

We can get a CB, Denzel Burke(Ohio State), "Kool Aid" McKinstry(Alabama), or even Kamari Lassiter(Georgia)

If Matt Stafford retires after this season, I feel that Jaxson Dart would be great for us. I feel he will be a much better pro, than a college QB, just like Patrick Mahomes.

According to this guy, that is a beatwriter for the Detroit Lions has this stupid trade

Anyone doing that trade should be shot.

by NJRAMFAN1
1 year 4 months ago
Practice Squad

Haden wrote:Anyone doing that trade should be shot.

AGREE!

Shot and then run over with a steam roller. :lol2:

by majik
1 year 4 months ago
 Total posts:   1210  
United States of America   New Jersey
Pro Bowl

The Rams might have a hard time saying No…Snead would be laughing so hard that it may take some time for him to be able to speak

by snackdaddy
1 year 4 months ago
 Total posts:   9721  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

The Lions would take that trade in a heartbeat. Maybe we can propose a counter trade offer. Our first comp pick and a 7th for Aiden Hutchinson. What do you think that guy would say to that?

by Rams1PlateSince1976
1 year 4 months ago
 Total posts:   2104  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

he would probably say yes as seems he drank way too much of the camp Lejune water.

Speaking of that I should be getting some of that bad water money myself as it appears that I have watched Full Metal Jacket enough times to qualify for a payout!

• 1 / 18
171 posts Jul 05 2024