43 posts
  • 5 / 5
 by Hacksaw
8 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Vermiel had Saunders, an assistant head coach in '99. I always thought that was weird too.

"Saunders would then join the St. Louis Rams coaching staff under Dick Vermeil as associate head coach / receivers coach. Saunders was part of a coaching staff that helped create “The Greatest Show on Turf,

by ramsman34
8 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   8463  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Personally, I prefer almond butter and wild blueberry jelly sandwiches.

Oooo, that sounds derishus...just don't let Fisher make it; the bread and jam will be moldy.

by /zn/
8 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   6758  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:
/zn/ wrote:First, how many of those do you think there are? 8-)

Second, that was never the intention. Fisher was apparently trying to hire a passing game coordinator to work with Boras. He wasn't doing a general coordinator hire.

I like the Groh hire, myself. And I have no reason yet to doubt Boras, who is the coordinator.

This goes back to last year too when we didn't get a whole lot of outside interest in the open OC job. Now maybe nobody wants the job or maybe Fisher really believes in what he's doing and didn't want to make wholesale changes.

And Fisher really hasn't had good offense since the days of Mike Heimerdinger in Tennessee so a little skepticism seems warranted to me.

That said, here's hoping (against all available evidence to the contrary) Fisher knows what he's doing with the offense...

Last year I thought it was obvious they were going to promote from within. They did put out feelers to Shanahan and Gase, but I don't think that was ever "real"...just seeing what was out there. That is, if a guy like that was available, they could have gone that way instead of hiring one of their own. There was also Hackett but in the end he chose to be with known Bradley, who he knew from Tampa (" Bradley and Hackett knew one another when both were on the Tampa Bay staff under Jon Gruden. Bradley reached out to Hackett and the rest is history" -- http://www.wgr550.com/LIVE-at-the-NFL-C ... pid=458081 ). Jim Thomas thinks Hackett wasn't sure the Rams would hire from the outside:

http://sports.live.stltoday.com/Event/R ... _76?Page=1

I think Hackett wasn't sure he'd get the OC job, and pulled out to take a sure thing.

I like the Groh hire. It's an interesting hire. I assume the Rams will have a more than good enough offense when the line coheres (which IMO will be 2016) and when they have an at least decent qb who doesn't meltdown the way Foles did.

• 5 / 5
43 posts Mar 28 2024