by Elvis
8 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   38381  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

http://www.insidesocal.com/nfl/2016/01/ ... dium-site/

Report: Raiders to meet with officials in Las Vegas about stadium site

Posted on January 28, 2016 by Vincent Bonsignore

As predicted by NFL sources for months now, once all the dust settles from the Chargers joining the Rams in Los Angeles, the Oakland Raiders will emerge as the lone coveted free agent on the market able to field potential stadium plan offers from various cities.

At the top of that list stands Oakland, their current home, and San Diego once the Chargers clear out.

Looks like another option is emerging from an unlikely but intriguing location.

According to a report in the Las Vegas Review Journal, Raiders Mark Davis, owner of the Oakland Raiders, is scheduled to meet with Las Vegas Sands Chairman and CEO Sheldon Adelson on Friday, possibly to discuss the Sands Corp proposal to build a $1 billion domed stadium on 42 acres near the University of Nevada, Las Vegas.

The stadium would be home to school’s football team. And now, potentially, a possible National Football League franchise.

A high-ranking Raiders official wouldn’t confirm or deny the report. Read what you will into that, but it sure seems like the Raiders are at least interested in meeting with a Las Vegas high-roller.

You can read the entire Review-Journal story here.

Needless to say, depending on what happens with the Chargers, the next 12 months could end up being pretty busy for the Raiders as they look to secure a long-range home.

Somewhere.

As for the 2016 season, the most likely bet is that the Raiders sign a short-term lease at their current home and spend the year fielding offers from Oakland, San Diego and maybe San Antonio and Las Vegas

by RamsFanSince82
8 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

It will be funny to see some of the "Charger" fans that are eager for the Chargers to leave so they can get the Raiders in SD, change there tune when their odds decrease to get the Raiders.

by Stranger
8 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   3213  
United States of America   Norcal
Superstar

From a brand perspective, Raiders & Vegas kinda go together, don't they?

by Hacksaw
8 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Yeah the rape, pillage and plunder parts as well as all the booty.
riches too. lol

by SWAdude
8 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   2440  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Stranger wrote:From a brand perspective, Raiders & Vegas kinda go together, don't they?

I agree. Completely.

I actually think this is an excellent idea. And one not for all teams. But the Raiders in Sin city?

Perfect. You know that stadium with be world class and packed even when they suck.

Trust me on this one who frequents flying many. many people in and out of Vegas on a regular basis, EVERYONE goes to Vegas at some time.

I for one completely support this idea. I really hope they get this done!

Draw backs? Maybe cost Davis 740 mil in relocation monies.

by Hacksaw
8 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Yeah he could work at circus circus with those clownish looks.

by RamsFanSince82
8 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

by TSFH Fan
8 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   699  
United States of America   The OC
Veteran

Not to get all political, but has Sheldon Adelson backed someone who has actually won anything?

by Stranger
8 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   3213  
United States of America   Norcal
Superstar

SWAdude wrote:
Stranger wrote:From a brand perspective, Raiders & Vegas kinda go together, don't they?

I agree. Completely.

I actually think this is an excellent idea. And one not for all teams. But the Raiders in Sin city?

Perfect. You know that stadium with be world class and packed even when they suck.

Trust me on this one who frequents flying many. many people in and out of Vegas on a regular basis, EVERYONE goes to Vegas at some time.

I for one completely support this idea. I really hope they get this done!

Draw backs? Maybe cost Davis 740 mil in relocation monies.

Raiders immediately become a MUST-DO when in Vegas. I'd definitely go see them when there, and would plan trips around their home games. Just love it.

Vegas Raiders, baby.

• 1 / 4
34 posts Mar 29 2024