134 posts
  • 1 / 14
 by snackdaddy
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   9721  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I'm seeing a lot of speculation from these pundits that the Rams are done. Not that they think the Rams will be done. Its already happened according to some of these guys. The article that says they fell apart after a 9-7 season. They lost some key players from the Superbowl team.

The thing is, its likely keeping these players was not going to make us any better. Gurley's numbers went down drastically. Cooks is another concussion from retirement. Two of the defenders we lost were not on the Superbowl team. And those two were well past their best playing days.

So when you add it up, did letting those guys go make us worse? Apparently, according to some of these people. I think I will wait till the season before I proclaim we fell apart. If 9-7 means falling apart, then rebounding should mean a Superbowl team.

by moklerman
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:I'm seeing a lot of speculation from these pundits that the Rams are done. Not that they think the Rams will be done. Its already happened according to some of these guys. The article that says they fell apart after a 9-7 season. They lost some key players from the Superbowl team.

The thing is, its likely keeping these players was not going to make us any better. Gurley's numbers went down drastically. Cooks is another concussion from retirement. Two of the defenders we lost were not on the Superbowl team. And those two were well past their best playing days.

So when you add it up, did letting those guys go make us worse? Apparently, according to some of these people. I think I will wait till the season before I proclaim we fell apart. If 9-7 means falling apart, then rebounding should mean a Superbowl team.
Have they said the Rams are "done"? In general and with this video I think it's a fair supposition to say that the Rams are probably treading water at best this season. I don't think any team can operate on 75% of the cap, have question marks up and down the roster and coaching staff and little depth and expect to be a 10+ win team, not to mention a SB contender.

by snackdaddy
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   9721  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Like I said, I will wait for the season before I make any assumptions. I don't know of anyone who foresaw the 49ers being a 13 win Superbowl team. Just like no one foresaw us going from 4 wins to 11 in McVay's first season. I remember some people claiming the Patriots were going to be on the decline because Brady was 38 years old. They went to several Superbowls since that time. How many people said the Browns were a Superbowl contender. Quite a few from what I recall.

I know being a fan usually means being a homer. I guess anything could happen. But I prefer to think positive until proven otherwise. And right now, no one can prove anything. The point is, these people get as much wrong as they get right. Some of them get more wrong than right. But they keep writing because, well, what else is there to do?

by AvengerRam
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Despite the departures, there is no reason that, with the talent the Rams currently have on the roster (and the addition of 4 draftees in the first 104 picks) to win 10+ games in 2020, and they've cleared cap space to retain their key guys in 2021.

"Mismanagement"? No.

Mistakes (which, in many cases, are identified in hindsight) have been made, sure. But I'm still excited to see what the future holds for this team.

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   10608  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Totally click bait headline.

"Mismanagement" is way too hard a term for a one season stumble. "Mismanagement" is the term you use for teams like the Cleveland Browns, Chicago Bears. Let's stop acting like this is 2009.

by PARAM
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   12320  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Shit happens all the time in the NFL. Players sign big deals. Players get injured. Teams suffer cap hits. Or teams sign malcontents, have problems with them and cut or release them. The Raiders traded for Antonio Brown, a 3rd and 5th round pick, signed him to the largest WR contract, then released him. They're weren't on the hook for any money because of his behavior but they lost two draft picks. The Patriots traded a 5th for Josh Gordon, poster boy for NFL problems. If he didn't play 10 games, Cleveland would have to give them a 7th round pick. He played 11 games in 2018 and by the 7th game in 2019, he was released. Sure just a 5th round pick but .......

You can look over history and find a number of great players who were injured, never to be that great player again, resulting in the team losing cap space. It happens. But usually the obits aren't written until the team actually has that devastating season. :idea2:

by PARAM
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   12320  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

While we're on the subject of mismanagement, can we also cite good management? For instance, the Rams signed Tyler Higbee to a 4 year, 29 million dollar contract with 15 mil guaranteed. And that was BEFORE he had his breakout year and best ever for a Rams tight end (69 rec.;#6, 734 yds; #7). Consider Austin Hooper signed a 4 year 42 million dollar deal with Cleveland this offseason. Hooper's numbers? 75 receptions, 787 yards, just ahead of Higbee and right behind Kittle, Ertz, Waller and Kelce. How about a little kudos for that mismanagement team we love!!!!

by CanuckRightWinger
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Is it "mismanagement" or is it just "the Ram Culture"?

Depends on your viewpoint I guess.

See, I look at a Third World country like Honduras.
Lush and tropical, so plants and crops grow well there....so no widespread starvation in Honduras....
but...
they still haven't exactly given the USA much competition in getting to Mars first.....as Honduras have not quite got around to launching their Space Program either, eh! :lol2:

High crime waves fester in Honduras as the Top Few Uber-Rich Families own most of the Honduran National Wealth....the land, banana plantations, other farms, apartment buildings, office buildings, beaches, utilities, Resorts, Hotels, factories, businesses, etc etc. are owned by the rich minority at the top. Locals joke that the top 10% drive around with their 4 or 5 bodyguards, and the remaining 90% scheme on how to kidnap the rich families' kids to make some ransom money. :D

So, is Honduras a mismanaged failed-state shit-hole, or is it just being run in accordance with "the Latin American culture" where historically it's a 9 Peons to 1 Hacienda Owner ratio.....and it's been like that since Simon Bolivar's time??? :? Tomato/Tomah-toe?? :?2:

Why do I bring up Honduras in a Rams Talk Forum in a thread touching on Rams mismanagement you ask?

Well.....like Honduras, Los Ramos braintrust have set up to have alot of 2020 Peons on the Roster via their "unorthodox" Salary Cap manoeuvers.

Tale of the 2020 Salary Cap Tape for the Top Los Ramos Players/& Dead$$:
PLAYER.....SALARY...% RAM CAP (Salary in Million$, all number rounded-off)
J.Goff.......$36.0.......17.7
A.Donald..$25.0.......12.3
T.Gurley...$17.3.........8.5
Ramsey....$13.7........6.7
Higbee......$8.6.........4.2
R.Woods...$8.2.........4.0
Robinson..$7.9.........3.9
Whitworth.$6.7........3.3
J.Hekker....$4.7........2.3
Troy Hill....$4.4........2.2
A.Blythe....$3.9........1.9
Brockers...$3.3........1.6
11 Actives + Gurley.....hey, blame Spotrac.com for this set-up!
B.COOKS..$21.8.......10.7 DEAD MONEY
MATHEWS..$2.0.........1.0 DEAD MONEY
WEDDLE....$0.5..........0.3 DEAD MONEY
11 GUY TOTAL (including DEAD MONEY) $164 MILLION OR 80.6% OF LOS RAMOS 2020 SALARY CAP :shock2:

So the Top 11 Ram Players are $itting pretty eh! They consume nearly 81% of Kroenke's 2020 Salary Cap Dinero! :idea2: :arrow2: :!2:
(ALONG OF COURSE, WITH THE GURLEY/COOKS/MATHEWS &WEDDLE FUCK-UPS/DEAD MONEY)

That leaves 19.4% for the nearly 50 Ram Peons further down on the 2020 Los Ramos Roster. :idea2:

The above Los Ramos formula looks about as SuperBowl ready as Guatemala's Economic prospects for launching their Mars Space Program!! :|

....BUT, let's remember that Los Ramos braintrust has a Cultural History of overpaying....Tavon Austin, Alec Ogletree, TruJo to name a few other moonshots....

....so I ask again....is it really "mismanagement" or just a "Ram cultural anomaly"???? ;) :arrow2: :?2:

NOTA BENE: The above is presented Tongue-In-Cheek.....but even the staunchest Demoff/Pastoors/Snead supporters have to admit that Kroenke's ThreeNumbersGuys kinda shat the bed for 2020, eh! :idea2:

by Haden
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2144  
United States of America   Spokane, WA
RFU Survivor Champ

CanuckRightWinger wrote:Is it "mismanagement" or is it just "the Ram Culture"?

Depends on your viewpoint I guess.

See, I look at a Third World country like Honduras.
Lush and tropical, so plants and crops grow well there....so no widespread starvation in Honduras....
but...
they still haven't exactly given the USA much competition in getting to Mars first.....as Honduras have not quite got around to launching their Space Program either, eh! :lol2:

High crime waves fester in Honduras as the Top Few Uber-Rich Families own most of the Honduran National Wealth....the land, banana plantations, other farms, apartment buildings, office buildings, Hotels, factories, businesses, etc etc. are owned by the rich minority at the top. Locals joke that the top 10% drive around with their 4 or 5 bodyguards, and the remaining 90% scheme on how to kidnap the rich families' kids to make some ransom money. :D

So, is Honduras a mismanaged failed-state shit-hole, or is it just being run in accordance with "the Latin American culture" where historically it's a 9 Peons to 1 Hacienda Owner ratio.....and it's been like that since Simon Bolivar's time??? :? Tomato/Tomah-toe?? :?2:

Why do I bring up Honduras in a Rams Talk Forum in a thread touching on Rams mismanagement you ask?

Well.....like Honduras, Los Ramos braintrust have set up to have alot of 2020 Peons on the Roster via their "unorthodox" Salary Cap manoeuvers.

Tale of the 2020 Salary Cap Tape for the Top Los Ramos Players/& Dead$$:
PLAYER.....SALARY...% RAM CAP (Salary in Million$, all number rounded-off)
J.Goff.......$36.0.......17.7
A.Donald..$25.0.......12.3
T.Gurley...$17.3.........8.5
Ramsey....$13.7........6.7
Higbee......$8.6.........4.2
R.Woods...$8.2.........4.0
Robinson..$7.9.........3.9
Whitworth.$6.7........3.3
J.Hekker....$4.7........2.3
Troy Hill....$4.4........2.2
A.Blythe....$3.9........1.9
Brockers...$3.3........1.6
11 Actives + Gurley.....hey, blame Spotrac.com for this set-up!
B.COOKS..$21.8.......10.7 DEAD MONEY
MATHEWS..$2.0.........1.0 DEAD MONEY
WEDDLE....$0.5..........0.3 DEAD MONEY
11 GUY TOTAL (including DEAD MONEY) $164 MILLION OR 80.6% OF LOS RAMOS 2020 SALARY CAP :shock2:

So the Top 11 Ram Players are $itting pretty eh! They consume nearly 81% of Kroenke's 2020 Salary Cap Dinero! :idea2: :arrow2: :!2:
(ALONG OF COURSE, WITH THE GURLEY/COOKS/MATHEWS &WEDDLE FUCK-UPS/DEAD MONEY)

That leaves 19.4% for the nearly 50 Ram Peons further down on the 2020 Los Ramos Roster. :idea2:

The above Los Ramos formula looks about as SuperBowl ready as Guatemala's Economic prospects for launching their Mars Space Program!! :|

....BUT, let's remember that Los Ramos braintrust has a Cultural History of overpaying....Tavon Austin, Alec Ogletree, TruJo to name a few other moonshots....

....so I ask again....is it really "mismanagement" or just a "Ram cultural anomaly"???? ;) :arrow2: :?2:

NOTA BENE: The above is presented Tongue-In-Cheek.....but even the staunchest Demoff/Pastoors/Snead supporters have to admit that Kroenke's ThreeNumbersGuys kinda shat the bed for 2020, eh! :idea2:

Can't argue with that. Despite AD's greatness, you can't pay QB money for any non-QB.
It destroys the team. Many teams have found that the hard way, pouring huge $$$ into CB's and pass rushers. In the end, they have a bunch of roster holes a la the Rams.

• 1 / 14
134 posts Jul 08 2024