• 2 / 3

What do you think of the new color scheme/logos

Love all of it!
32%
Like the colors, don't like the logos.
16%
Like the logos, don't like the colors.
3%
Like the colors and Ram Head. Don't like the LA logo.
26%
Like the colors and the LA Logo, don't like the Ram Head.
No votes
0%
Pretty "Meh" across the board.
18%
Ugh. Not a fan of any of it.
5%
 by ramsman34
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   8637  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Ramsdude wrote:What the Rams have done is more than "tweaking" IMO. LOL No comparison to the teams you mentioned. Honestly, I threw up a little in my mouth reading some of your changes.

"yellow helmets with a white and blue gradient horn??"
"the same horn shape and detail and color, gone. Facemasks matching the helmet or horn color, possibly both."

...Might as well just kill me now! lol That doesn't sound anything like the uni's\helmets I fell in love with. If they make these changes as you state, they will be alienating a large portion of the fan base. Maybe the kiddies will like the new stuff....maybe that's exactly what they want.

So, How did you feel when hey changed to that god awful combo in STL? It was horrid to me. They can't do much worse than that as far as I am concerned. But I got used to it, bought gear, and above all - rooted hard for my team.
The Rams CHOSE to re brand. The Raiders, Steelers, Packers, Cowboys haven't in any major way. EVERY other team has. You see us in the same group as those old guard teams. and, I don't disagree. But it doesn't matter. The Rams have decided to change.

Some are going to dig the new look, some will hate it, and the rest won't really care - no matter how subtle or radical the changes are.

I agree that the old-school consensus is that everyone loves the Ferragamo's.

But, we don't have any of the new generation feedback on what they like. the Rams do. and let's face it, they are building for the future. Us old schoolers will be dead and gone someday and they have to attract a younger audience/fan base.

JMO

by Ramsdude
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   1071  
United States of America   Pa.
Pro Bowl

ramsman34 wrote:So, How did you feel when hey changed to that god awful combo in STL? It was horrid to me. They can't do much worse than that as far as I am concerned. But I got used to it, bought gear, and above all - rooted hard for my team.
The Rams CHOSE to re brand. The Raiders, Steelers, Packers, Cowboys haven't in any major way. EVERY other team has. You see us in the same group as those old guard teams. and, I don't disagree. But it doesn't matter. The Rams have decided to change.

Some are going to dig the new look, some will hate it, and the rest won't really care - no matter how subtle or radical the changes are.

I agree that the old-school consensus is that everyone loves the Ferragamo's.

But, we don't have any of the new generation feedback on what they like. the Rams do. and let's face it, they are building for the future. Us old schoolers will be dead and gone someday and they have to attract a younger audience/fan base.

JMO

I hated the new look in Stl. Never enjoyed buying the merch as much as previously. I did buy some but hardly ever wore it and finally started to buy "throwback" gear ever since.

I disagree that "They can't do much worse than that". Nike is notorious for screwing up "tradition" with "over the top" designs. Combine that with the fact that the Rams are letting some morons that said OK to that shitty LA logo will also have a say in the uni change. Color me worried.

I will not stop being a Rams fan (well maybe if they remove the horns from the helmet) because of a logo or uni change but I can promise you that the feeling of seeing it and wearing it will not be the same just as it was in Stl. and I think that is the whole issue for most fans.

There is a reason most of us have been RAMS fans for so long. Just ask anyone how they became a Rams fan and most here will say: "I was hooked the first time I saw the horns on the helmet". Let's hope they do not screw up the Helmet too. That is what got us all here in the first place and what keeps us here now.

Don't get me wrong. I think change can be good but not when comes to our horns. lol If you HAVE to make a change, at the very least...make it better!!! Not worse!

I agree with your points on the younger gen being the focus and can see why...but I don't have to like it. :)

Gooo Rams!

by 69RamFan
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   3213  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

moklerman wrote:Tell that to the Packers. And the Raiders. And the Cowboys. And I'm sure others that I'm forgetting.

Well then, you must of never looked at those teams past history...
Cause all have made changes to their uniform and helmets in their history...
but maybe not in your time frame...

by moklerman
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

69RamFan wrote:Well then, you must of never looked at those teams past history...
Cause all have made changes to their uniform and helmets in their history...
but maybe not in your time frame...
Anything significant in the last 50+ years?

by dieterbrock
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:Anything significant in the last 50+ years?

Off the top of my head, I can only think of 4 teams which totally changed their uniforms:
Broncos- Still like the old ones better
Patriots- Eff them. Period
Tampa Bay- Heck, I liked the old Orange and white with the swashbuckler pirate
Cincinatti- Only good move I can think of

I suppose one could argue Seattle did too, but the Seahawk stayed the same, just different color scheme

by moklerman
4 years 1 month ago
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:Off the top of my head, I can only think of 4 teams which totally changed their uniforms:
Broncos- Still like the old ones better
Patriots- Eff them. Period
Tampa Bay- Heck, I liked the old Orange and white with the swashbuckler pirate
Cincinatti- Only good move I can think of

I suppose one could argue Seattle did too, but the Seahawk stayed the same, just different color scheme
I think that's a different part of the conversation though. I was making a point about storied franchises that have proudly adhered to their traditional looks. That point was challenged by saying that even those franchises had made changes at some point in their history. Which is true but I think the point remains when you consider some of those changes were around the time of uniforms not having facemasks.

by 69RamFan
4 years 1 month ago
Superstar

moklerman wrote:Anything significant in the last 50+ years?

If the helmet comes out to be the same as the logo,,,
that is not much of a significant change,,, its a horn that's just been up graded...

the cowboys have change their star a few times since the sixties...
Greenbay didn't have a logo on their helmet and made a change in the sixties..
The Raiders change their helmets a few times too...

by moklerman
4 years 1 month ago
Hall of Fame

69RamFan wrote:If the helmet comes out to be the same as the logo,,,
that is not much of a significant change,,, its a horn that's just been up graded...

the cowboys have change their star a few times since the sixties...
Greenbay didn't have a logo on their helmet and made a change in the sixties..
The Raiders change their helmets a few times too...
I know the past can seem closer than it actually is but the '60's were 60 years ago.

I think "upgraded" is a questionable way to describe a change to the new horns.

No other team is in the situation that the Rams are. They were the FIRST team to have logos on their helmets and should embrace and celebrate being at the forefront of something so important to the history of the league. They should be trumpeting the fact that they were first and that original concept is still not only viable, but the gauge by which all others are measured.

Jettisoning that history for this crap is just short-sighted and disrespectful. The Rams took on the challenge of improving the most iconic and pioneering design in the history of football. And they failed miserably.

by 69RamFan
4 years 1 month ago
Superstar

moklerman wrote:I know the past can seem closer than it actually is but the '60's were 60 years ago.

I think "upgraded" is a questionable way to describe a change to the new horns.

No other team is in the situation that the Rams are. They were the FIRST team to have logos on their helmets and should embrace and celebrate being at the forefront of something so important to the history of the league. They should be trumpeting the fact that they were first and that original concept is still not only viable, but the gauge by which all others are measured.

Jettisoning that history for this crap is just short-sighted and disrespectful. The Rams took on the challenge of improving the most iconic and pioneering design in the history of football. And they failed miserably.

Bruh!!!

Listen to yourself....

You go back 50 yrs..

I go back 60 yrs...

Now you going back to when the RAMs first started putting their Horns on the helmet,,,

Make up your mind on what year you want to start from,,, :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Actually if you look at the helmets since it first started,,

They upgraded the helmet,, even made changes to the horns... from the thickness..

So please don't say the RAMs haven't made changes to their horns...

Its still a horn if they use the same concept as their logo for their helmets...

Don't worry,,, you'll get use to it,,, :D :D :D

by moklerman
4 years 1 month ago
Hall of Fame

69RamFan wrote:Bruh!!!

Listen to yourself....

You go back 50 yrs..

I go back 60 yrs...

Now you going back to when the RAMs first started putting their Horns on the helmet,,,

Make up your mind on what year you want to start from,,, :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Actually if you look at the helmets since it first started,,

They upgraded the helmet,, even made changes to the horns... from the thickness..

So please don't say the RAMs haven't made changes to their horns...

Its still a horn if they use the same concept as their logo for their helmets...

Don't worry,,, you'll get use to it,,, :D :D :D
I got used to having diabetes. That doesn't mean it's a good thing or that I'll like it.

And I never said they haven't modified the horns but I never said I agree with those changes. Nor do I agree that any variation of a horn counts as remaining faithful to the original design. There is modification and there is change. If they go with the new logo on the helmet they will have changed the horns IMO. And not for the better.

• 2 / 3
29 posts May 18 2024