by Elvis
8 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   38914  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... en-jackson

Patriots to work out free-agent RB Steven Jackson

Marc Sessler

With LeGarrette Blount done for the year, the Patriots are spreading a wide net for help in the backfield.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported that New England will work out Steven Jackson on Wednesday, according to a source informed of the team's thinking.

The former Rams star runner has gone without work all season after spending the past two years in Atlanta toiling for the Falcons. At 32, Jackson has made it clear he wanted to sign with a playoff team, a scenario that gained steam after Blount suffered a hip injury in Sunday night's win over the Texans.

There's a connection here after Patriots play-caller Josh McDaniels coached Jackson in St. Louis before the veteran back moved on to Atlanta, where he piled up 1,250 yards over the past two seasons.

Jackson was a fading asset with the Falcons, lacking lateral quickness and looking all but done at the end of last season. Still, coach Bill Belichick loves trustworthy veterans and needs a runner to pair with Brandon Bolden and James White. The team also signed former Broncos second-rounder Montee Ball to their practice squad.

The Patriots are battered on offense, but let's be honest: New England could turn Kylie Jenner into a 1,000-yard rusher if need be. They'll be fine in the end.

by Hacksaw
8 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

AAUGH. I hope he get's paid well so he can wash all the Patriot off of his in a couple of weeks.

by RedAlice
8 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

Good for SJ. Sucks it's the Pats, but he can meet back up with Amendola.

Always wish the best for him.

by moklerman
8 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Wouldn't mind SJ getting into the post season and honestly, after Wendell, Hacksaw, Greene, Bettis, Everett, Warner, etc., I'm kind of numb to ex-Rams going elsewhere.

by dieterbrock
8 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

I'd love to see him bring that winning karma he has with him. Would love the Pats to enjoy some of what Atlanta got to enjoy

by Hacksaw
8 years 6 months ago

Steven didnt pass muster?

by Hacksaw
8 years 6 months ago

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/12/21/new-en ... en-jackson

They signed SJ. I almost hope they at least get to the show so SJ can get a taste.

• 1 / 3
30 posts Jun 28 2024