227 posts
  • 1 / 23
 by RedAlice
8 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

Looking for information on this week's owner's meeting. Haven't found much - not sure if it is all of the owners or just the LA Committee.

Anyone have additional info?

Here are some tweets from today -

by Rams the Legends live on
8 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   1987  
United States of America   Colorado Springs
Pro Bowl

Kinda shocked Peacock feels if the Rams move there will never be football in St. Louey again. I would have to say from comments I have read from owners and even the NFL, that STL will have a team just could be at a future date. For now I think any future team would work for them as they will have proper time to get their financial affairs in order and make a offer at that time that will work for the city and a owner. However for Peacock to make such a statement has me wondering if he is reading to much of Bernie and Shane and doing a little passive aggressive whining with them.

by Hacksaw
8 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

"If the Rams are allowed to move, u will never see NFL football in St. Louis again." Is this his last scream for help or just the biggest noise he can make? I don't know if it's true or not but I can see his concern and see that he's want the owners to feel that way. Kind of a pity us and don't take our team take..

So is it the municipalities or the team going to these meetings? It is supposed to be about what happens in each city if the respective team leaves (according to the announcers of today's game).

by Rams the Legends live on
8 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   1987  
United States of America   Colorado Springs
Pro Bowl

I was reading Hack one of the things on the agenda is playing NFL games overseas expires next year so they will decide if it should be renewed until 2025. So has me curious since this is set to be on the agenda and the stance STL took if it makes the owners sympathetic and they go ahead and decide to open up the application process so they can be ready for a vote in a month or 2.

by Hacksaw
8 years 3 months ago

I'm certain StLoo didn't endear them selves to ESK or the NFL. unless thing whole thing has been a hoax.

There are a lot of indicators pointing in our favor but StLoo is in possession with breath left.

by bluecoconuts
8 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   273  
Ireland   LA Coliseum
Rookie

My guess is that Peacock's statement reflects the idea that the owners aren't very big on the term sheet that St Louis came up with... If the Rams leave, they know they're going to have a very hard time attracting a team with a least that's not very team friendly. They could potentially up the offer though.

In terms of the meeting, I believe it's full ownership, last meeting between everyone for a while. They wont announce things, but I expect them to pretty much have things nailed down.

by Hacksaw
8 years 3 months ago

Just like prior to the last meeting, the SD-Fabiani-Carson-StLoo spinners are warming up.

@Frank_Cusumano:
Have no idea if it will happen, but the vote from Aldermen could come as early as Tuesday. Good timing with NFL meeting Wed in Dallas.

5:03pm
@AntonioFrench: "Jeff Fisher" is trending for all the wrong reasons. I hope the Rams stay in St. Louis. The coach... not so much.

by RedAlice
8 years 3 months ago
Hall of Fame

Some more from La Canfora, nothing we haven't heard speculated before and no new info - should be an amusing couple of days.

London, Denver may be contingencies for Kroenke if LA falls through

Rams owner Stan Kroenke is fixated on moving his franchise to Los Angeles for 2016, and the prospect of remaining in St. Louis for any extended period of time does not appeal to him. Should he lose out to the Chargers and Raiders on the rights to the LA market, the league knows it would have to work actively to find other solutions for Kroenke, which could include possibly London or Denver, according to league sources.

Frankly, no market could offer the location, amenities and entertainment options of LA, and Kroenke already spends time there at his Malibu home. However, he is at the mercy of a voting process regarding relocation, and the decisions made on which teams get to LA is largely out of his hands. Should he not be allowed to move, the NFL is going to have to deal with the long-term future of the Rams franchise. Numerous well-connected ownership sources have continued to point to a potential move to London or the possibility of Kroenke perhaps purchasing the Broncos down the road and selling the Rams to an investor looking to keep the team in St. Louis as possible endgames to what has been a complicated and arduous process.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jas ... ls-through

---

Also from today - La Canfora being refuted. :lol:

Broncos refute notion that Rams owner Stan Kroenke could try to purchase Broncos

Stan Kroenke wants to get the Rams moved to Los Angeles. If that does not happen, CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora wrote on Sunday morning that Kroenke could "perhaps purchas[e] the Broncos down the road and [sell] the Rams to an investor looking to keep the team in St. Louis."

Shortly after that story was published, Broncos spokesman Patrick Smyth shot it down on Twitter.

According to the team, Kroenke will not own the Broncos down the road.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/11/2 ... d-purchase

by SoCalRam78
8 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   1086  
United States of America   SoCal
Pro Bowl

Kroenke doesn't want to own the Broncos. That's convenient, bs lazy reporting by people like Bernie

Kroenke wants to own an NFL in the number 2 media market in the country in one of the best facilities in the NFL. People never realize he craves the business side and market more than the stadium itself.

by RedAlice
8 years 3 months ago
Hall of Fame

bluecoconuts wrote:In terms of the meeting, I believe it's full ownership, last meeting between everyone for a while. They wont announce things, but I expect them to pretty much have things nailed down.

You are correct - looks like it's the regularly scheduled meeting with all 32 owners.

Wednesday might deliver a wake-up call to San Diego’s long Chargers stadium nightmare.

The NFL’s 32 owners will meet in Dallas to discuss, among other topics, which team or teams can move into the lucrative Los Angeles market. It’s the league’s last regularly scheduled such meeting until March.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/new ... ation-fee/

• 1 / 23
227 posts Mar 28 2024