100 posts
  • 10 / 10
 by RamsFanSince82
8 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

It's obvious that his meter is broke and has been broke for a long time. When the Rams move to LA, he'll be working High School and college games in Misery, so he's holding out hope for a miracle.

by RamsFanSince82
8 years 5 months ago
Hall of Fame

Stranger wrote:
Hacksaw wrote:We may see a click if these meetings leak anything pro LA

I think we're also going to see more celebs and TV personalities start to voice their opinions now. Like Gretta van Sustren yesterday.

by Elvis
8 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   38914  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

I like Jim Thomas a lot.

He's been my main source of Rams news ever since they moved to St. Louis.

He also was the first to do a Q&A with RFU: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=70&p=287

He hasn't been a big homer. When everyone else was calling us trolls for thinking Kroenke wanted to move the team, Jim had it at better than 50/50 the Rams would leave. That's certainly not what his readers in St. Louis wanted to hear from the Rams beat reporter. He's always had it pretty close to 50/50.

His main reason for hope was the Task Force. Now that the NFL has rejected their offer it will be interesting to see what his take is. He usually updates his odds during his chats on Tuesdays...

by Hacksaw
8 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Elvis wrote:His main reason for hope was the Task Force. Now that the NFL has rejected their offer it will be interesting to see what his take is. He usually updates his odds during his chats on Tuesdays...

Well this is likely the last update then....

by RamsFanSince82
8 years 5 months ago
Hall of Fame

I'm not a fan of JT's writing at all. He rarely provides any interesting, entertaining or new information in his articles. I prefer Waggoner and Myles Simmons.

As far as his relocation "meter". If he had it at less that 50% odds that the Rams are moving to LA, he wouldn't have any credibility at all. Right now, he basically has it at a coin flip (52% move to LA) and it's less than his number in May (56%). That's a joke that he has it that low when the riverfront fantasy is dead. I know he keeps it that low (52/48), so he doesn't get too much criticism on either side, but it's still too low. Anyways, it doesn't really matter. Him and his meter won't matter in a few days.

by ramsman34
8 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   8671  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

JT Meter...
Rendered irrelevant

by Hacksaw
8 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Elvis wrote:Well Jim hasn't updated his but i'm udating our JT Meter:

ramsman34 wrote:JT Meter...
Rendered irrelevant

LOL

by den-the-coach
8 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   870  
United States of America   Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Veteran

For the record I never had an issue with Jim Thomas, we've exchanged various communications over the years and it's always been cordial. Some felt he never gave breaking sports news pertaining to the Rams, but he was always right and I appreciated the old school philosophy of getting the story right as opposed to being first.

It has to be a tough time for him the one thing I did disagree with him on was the top tier stadium clause. Yes the St. Louis task force put together a stadium plan, but even that stadium would not be a top tier stadium and per the lease that is what Kroenke signed up for and what he wanted in the end.

In Stan's world if you're not going to provide me a top tier venue then I will build one myself and if I have to spend my own money to do so I choose to do that in Los Angeles and IMO there is nothing wrong with that, but like many other business decisions some people get hurt. I wish Jim Thomas the very best and I truly hope the Los Angeles Ram beat writer for the LA Times will be Sam Farmer.

by Elvis
8 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   38914  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

I agree Den, always liked and appreciated JT.

Like Farmer he's a reporter, not a columnist. It's his job to have his facts right. And JT did a damn good job of getting his fact right, not 100%, but his integrity and reporting chops were never an issue with me. And in this new age where you have to interact with your readers, he did a pretty good job of that too.

As a fan, i occasionally would send him an email asking a question about the Rams and he always answered me. He was the the first to do a Q&A here when we had like 4 members, good reporter, good dude...

• 10 / 10
100 posts Jun 28 2024