139 posts
  • 10 / 14
 by St. Loser Fan
7 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   10606  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

BobCarl wrote:There are a lot of awesome Rams fans in St. Louis ... and there were a lot of fake fans there too.

The awesome Rams fans would go .... to see the games, see routes run, blocks made, defensive and offensive strategy used.

The fake fans would go ... so that the next day they could say they went.

A larger amount of awesome fans in St. Louis might have helped keep the team.

The St. Louis media did very little to educate the St. Louis fans about NFL football. What did Bernie do to help his readers better appreciate the team? Bernie shares some of the blame for the Rams moving.

NFL owners like new stadiums because it gives them opportunity to build the ultimate luxury boxes. Owners like luxury boxes because it is revenue that they don't have to put in the revenue sharing pool. Sadly, there wasn't enough corporate support to fill the luxury boxes in St. Louis. The corporate support of the team in St. Louis is mostly to blame for them leaving. The corporations gave very little support from the beginning.

If the corporations in St. Louis wanted the team to stay ... they would have had their minions, the politicians, make it happen. The corporations in St. Louis are mostly to blame for the team leaving.

The good and awesome fans in St. Louis got screwed over.

It didn't help there's a 1000 pound gorilla known as the St. Louis Cardinals 6 blocks to the south of the Dome. Why buy season tickets, luxury boxes and advertising to a football game when you know you're going to see crappy losing football game? The St. Louis Rams had a decade of losing seasons. The St. Louis Cardinals had a decade of winning seasons and two World Series championships. Almost every year ranking 2nd or 3rd in attendance. If you're a St. Louis business, where are you going to spend your sports entertainment budget? Sure as hell not at a dumpy dome watching bad football.

Do you want me to pull up pictures from the last few games last season at the Coliseum?

by BobCarl
7 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   4329  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

by RamsFanSince82
7 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

Tad Dickman? That sound like a character name in a teen comedy.

by Hacksaw
7 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

RamsFanSince82 wrote:Tad Dickman? That sound like a character name in a teen comedy.

I had that same thought. Too funny.

by Elvis
7 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   38914  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0 ... 72988656-4

Rams COO Kevin Demoff acknowledged that the Raiders' situation -- getting approved for Las Vegas, but remaining in Oakland for two or three more years -- "is certainly awkward." But he called it "an advantage from a logistics perspective." "They're not relocating in the same year as the vote," Demoff said. "They're staying in California this year. There will be some difficulties that come with that, but from a planning perspective, logistics perspective, it gives them a lot more time than we had, or the Chargers have, to get set up, to give players a chance to look at houses, to understand where the facility will be. Some of the really difficult challenges that come with a compressed timeframe, they will not face."

Alden Gonzalez, ESPN Staff Writer

by Neil039
7 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   2664  
Superstar

I guess I'm a jackass on this topic....I am a fan of the team, not where they play. So it's Rams 24/7 no matter what. I am sure there are Raider fans who are the same.

by BobCarl
7 years 3 months ago
Superstar

by BobCarl
7 years 3 months ago
Superstar

• 10 / 14
139 posts Jul 01 2024