85 posts
  • 9 / 9
 by RedAlice
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

TomSlick wrote:
ArizonaBlue wrote:@TomSlick. Keep the faith and positive for week 3 still.

Maybe week 2 was the fluke.

Yup, never give up. After all these years that mantra is seared in my brain.

I think we are all in for that mantra for our week 3. :)

Logistic comment: I was thinking Wed is best day to start the next week game thread as the injury report is published and it gives some time to keep talking about the current game. Good?

And, as to the little inn.....I was lucky last year to be travelling a lot of the beginning of the season and able to sling box the games. I experienced them in different places with different people and it let me talk about the Rams to people who didn't know much about American football. Was nice.

The inn was not in one of those monestaries, the link shows the pics of them. It was at the foothills of it where the little town has built up and run by a family who has always lived there. They are a magestic work of insane dedication from 13th and 14th century monks building high to escape the Turks. They did that by rock climbing. Inside it is truely gorgeous and I have no idea how they did that. Now, there are paths and stairs up to them and some incredible hiking all around. It is one of the most "in awe of humanity" places I've ever seen.

I was just kinda wandering around Greece with my backpack for a couple weeks and I like to find places off the regular path. :)

by Elvis
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   38885  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

ArizonaBlue wrote:Logistic comment: I was thinking Wed is best day to start the next week game thread as the injury report is published and it gives some time to keep talking about the current game. Good?

It's your baby, rock it...

by TomSlick
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   2908  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

ArizonaBlue wrote:The inn was not in one of those monestaries, the link shows the pics of them. It was at the foothills of it where the little town has built up and run by a family who has always lived there. They are a magestic work of insane dedication from 13th and 14th century monks building high to escape the Turks. They did that by rock climbing. Inside it is truely gorgeous and I have no idea how they did that. Now, there are paths and stairs up to them and some incredible hiking all around. It is one of the most "in awe of humanity" places I've ever seen.

I was just kinda wandering around Greece with my backpack for a couple weeks and I like to find places off the regular path. :)

That is very cool. Do you speak the language, or can you circulate the country with just English.

by RedAlice
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

@TomSlick. No Greek. I've travelled alone with my backpack quite a bit in foreign countries and Greece was the hardest language wise as the letters don't match and the sound is so different. In the smaller towns there wasn't much English spoken, but you just figure it out with gestures, etc. For the train ride to that town, I had a picture to show people to make sure I got off on the right stop.

by Stranger
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   3213  
United States of America   Norcal
Superstar

ArizonaBlue wrote:@TomSlick. No Greek. I've travelled alone with my backpack quite a bit in foreign countries and Greece was the hardest language wise as the letters don't match and the sound is so different. In the smaller towns there wasn't much English spoken, but you just figure it out with gestures, etc. For the train ride to that town, I had a picture to show people to make sure I got off on the right stop.

ahhh, i lived to travel during my 20's. Such a great experience. Where else do you like to go when you're not backpacking Europe?

• 9 / 9
85 posts Jun 17 2024