139 posts
  • 9 / 14
 by St. Loser Fan
7 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   10608  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:First off, I met a considerable number of St. Louisans while attending Rams games. Contrary to what you believe about East coasters, I had no such misconception about those folks. In fact, I liked practically every one I met. I never expected you folks to be happy about it but I hoped you would direct your anger at the right folks. After reading about the politicians, I commend you guys. Make that I'm proud of you guys (and gals).

At least it's not the taxpayers of Clark County Nevada that are getting screwed. It's you and me when we go to Vegas and there's another tax line item on our hotel bill.

by Elvis
7 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   38917  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

RamsFanSince82 wrote:Lamar Hunt and Mike Brown (Bengals owner) were the two owners that voted "no".

Thanks. Do we know that for a fact or is that just kind of the word on the street?

by BobCarl
7 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   4329  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

by Elvis
7 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   38917  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

A lot of L.A. Raider fans will be going to those games in Vegas. I imagine they're seeing this as a win...

by dieterbrock
7 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

by St. Loser Fan
7 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   10608  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:Thanks. Do we know that for a fact or is that just kind of the word on the street?

Google search never confirmed it. Kind of died on the vine. But the rumors I see doing a search list various combinations of KC, Miami and Cincinnati as the "No" votes last year.

by RamsFanSince82
7 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:Thanks. Do we know that for a fact or is that just kind of the word on the street?

I listened to some of the Darren Smith show earlier this afternoon and he said that Hunt and Brown voted "no". He said Hunt voted "no" because he naturally didn't want to upset the people from the STL area, and he didn't really know why Brown voted "no" but thought it was probably because he's a different type of guy, and wanted to be different.

by BobCarl
7 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   4329  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

by RamsFanSince82
7 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

• 9 / 14
139 posts Jul 03 2024