105 posts
  • 9 / 11
 by ramsww
10 months 8 hours ago
 Total posts:   480  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Starter

I never mentioned Brian Burns in my original post for a reason. Going back to when the Rams’ reported efforts to land McCaffrey and/or Burns failed there seemed to be a change in direction. When I listed all the players on D post Ramsey who could be gone, the incoming was immediate….and then there were two.

Still, I didn’t believe the Rams wanted to, or would tank. I actually think they’ve done a great job adding 3 above average DBs plus a very good draft but all in on Burns? Now? That would toss all their thrift to the wind.

I only have a few days to see them sign an Edge player before Opening Day and even if they do, he won’t play against Seattle. I’m starting to see the “plan” and it ain’t pretty.

I’m paying more attentions to the rumors. AD will always be a HOF Ram but as loyalty goes, he’s 3rd on my list behind Kupp and Stafford. Matt is only in his 3rd year here so to see a QB needy team and a SB contender make offers on these players by OCT 31st would shock me a lot less than when Eric Dickerson scored a TD against Cleveland on one OCT 31st, sat down on the bench and the next day was an Indianapolis Colt.

Kupp is looking like IR material in this scenario. Just remember, in the race to the bottom for Caleb (Cadillac) Williams, 2nd prize is a set of steak knives.

by snackdaddy
10 months 7 hours ago
 Total posts:   9721  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Still thinking about Demoff's letter to the fans. It wasn't hard to read between the lines. They are not making any moves this year that could affect their ability to improve the roster next year. Basically a throw away year in my opinion. It will be like the dozen years before McVay when all we were looking for was some hope that the following year we might see a good team.

by ramsww
10 months 5 hours ago
Starter

snackdaddy wrote:Still thinking about Demoff's letter to the fans. It wasn't hard to read between the lines. They are not making any moves this year that could affect their ability to improve the roster next year. Basically a throw away year in my opinion. It will be like the dozen years before McVay when all we were looking for was some hope that the following year we might see a good team.

Have to agree. I hate throw away years. This looks like one, meaning 0-16 is fine with Stan. McVay’s job is safe. I wouldn’t bet on Snead as he really created this, credit and all for a Lombardi. Regardless, at the end of 2023, thirty-one teams will fall short of the goal. At least we put one in the case for Los Angeles.

by PARAM
10 months 5 hours ago
 Total posts:   12319  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

ramsww wrote:I never mentioned Brian Burns in my original post for a reason. Going back to when the Rams’ reported efforts to land McCaffrey and/or Burns failed there seemed to be a change in direction. When I listed all the players on D post Ramsey who could be gone, the incoming was immediate….and then there were two.

Still, I didn’t believe the Rams wanted to, or would tank. I actually think they’ve done a great job adding 3 above average DBs plus a very good draft but all in on Burns? Now? That would toss all their thrift to the wind.

I only have a few days to see them sign an Edge player before Opening Day and even if they do, he won’t play against Seattle. I’m starting to see the “plan” and it ain’t pretty.

I’m paying more attentions to the rumors. AD will always be a HOF Ram but as loyalty goes, he’s 3rd on my list behind Kupp and Stafford. Matt is only in his 3rd year here so to see a QB needy team and a SB contender make offers on these players by OCT 31st would shock me a lot less than when Eric Dickerson scored a TD against Cleveland on one OCT 31st, sat down on the bench and the next day was an Indianapolis Colt.

Kupp is looking like IR material in this scenario. Just remember, in the race to the bottom for Caleb (Cadillac) Williams, 2nd prize is a set of steak knives.

WAIT!!!! Didn't you say an Edge could "step right in and be ready to go"? Or words to that effect? Now all of a sudden he would sit vs Seattle. What changed?

You're starting to see the plan? Yeah, okay! And I'm starting to see unicorns!!

by ramsman34
10 months 4 hours ago
 Total posts:   8683  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Doom and gloom and we haven’t played ONE game yet. Dear lord, why bother watching an 0-16 debacle.

SMH

by ramsww
10 months 3 hours ago
Starter

PARAM wrote:WAIT!!!! Didn't you say an Edge could "step right in and be ready to go"? Or words to that effect? Now all of a sudden he would sit vs Seattle. What changed?

You're starting to see the plan? Yeah, okay! And I'm starting to see unicorns!!

And when did I write that? Even Burns signed on Sat wouldn’t play by Sunday. More dumb comments. I’d call you a unicorn but that eould be a compliment. 😂

by ramsww
10 months 3 hours ago
Starter

ramsman34 wrote:Doom and gloom and we haven’t played ONE game yet. Dear lord, why bother watching an 0-16 debacle.

SMH

By all means, get yer pom poms out

by azramsfan93
10 months 2 hours ago
 Total posts:   1495  
United States of America   Chandler, Arizona
Pro Bowl

He has a good point. Being Debbie Downer and Negative Nancy translates to you not being a fan (short for fanatic, remember), but actually being an armchair analyst with zero credentials and a desire to say "I told you so" if it happens.... and no downside if it doesn't because you will return to claim fandom and be happy.

I have been watch posters like you come and go for as long as there has been internet affinity groups - and I go back to usenet (well before Marc Andreesen released the Netscape browser....)

It's boring. Take the year off if you have no hope.

ramsww wrote:By all means, get yer pom poms out

by rams1974
10 months 2 hours ago
 Total posts:   526  
Veteran

snackdaddy wrote:Still thinking about Demoff's letter to the fans. It wasn't hard to read between the lines. They are not making any moves this year that could affect their ability to improve the roster next year. Basically a throw away year in my opinion. It will be like the dozen years before McVay when all we were looking for was some hope that the following year we might see a good team.

At least here there is some kind of strategy in play, whether one agrees or not with that strategy. That dozen years, they were almost totally rudderless, who can forget their signing Wes Welker because well whatever we have no strategy whatsoever but it's maybe a good headline.

by Elvis
10 months 1 hour ago
 Total posts:   38917  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

ramsww wrote:And when did I write that? Even Burns signed on Sat wouldn’t play by Sunday. More dumb comments. I’d call you a unicorn but that eould be a compliment. 😂

Maybe read the first post in this thread?

ramsww wrote:Edge guys are up to speed day one. This is one reason I am sure we will sign one, maybe even 2 before Opening Day. It may be from the waiver wire but I’m sure McVay is not ignoring this and knows the score.

• 9 / 11
105 posts Jul 06 2024