154 posts
  • 8 / 16
 by rams74
2 weeks 1 hour ago
 Total posts:   1524  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

max wrote:We may have the worst ILBs in the league. The Lions have a top OL and 2 really good RBs. I fear they are gonna rip us to shreds on the ground if we don't stuff the box. And if we stuff the box, Goff will dice us up.

We're gonna need almost 40 pts to win.

It's game 1. Couldn't you just TRY to be optimistic? Just a little?

OTOH, maybe this WAS your optimistic version. In that case, never mind.

Anyway, here's my rebuttal: The Rams are going to score 42 points Sunday night.

by actionjack
1 week 6 days ago
 Total posts:   4255  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Elvis wrote:Image

Decent chance Havs plays, that would be sweet!

by Dare
1 week 6 days ago
 Total posts:   219  
United States of America   Tucson, AZ formerly of San Diego
Rookie

Personally I love how they open with the Lions. A legitimately tough opponent who have Super Bowl expectations. It will be a great measuring stick as to where this team (particularly the defense) is at. The team is pretty healthy with OTs the Rams hope are long term solutions. Noteboom is a decent LT who gives excellent effort. He's been inconsistent which has been his problems. He will look solid for a game or two then struggle. If he can put it together this season he stands a great chance to being the Ram's long term solution at the position.

McClendon has come a long way in a short time which bodes well for the Rams. Like Joe opposite him he too can secure his long term future with a solid season. I for one love they moved Avila back to LG. He's been the best at LG since Roger Saffold and IMO has a long future ahead of him at the position. LG is far more important than center which is why I think the Rams made the move. Jackson is a good OG but simply injury prone. With Limmer behind him the Rams are solid at the position. I've been high on Limmer since I began to look at him immediately after the draft. I think that is a huge reason they moved Avila back to LG. I feel the Rams see their center of the future in Limmer with Jackson as a bridge player at the position.

I don't see this as a makeshift OL. I see this as their legitimate OL longterm with the exception of Jackson who looks like a one or two year bridge.

The bottom line is that this is an awesome offensive roster with the only obvious hole being at QB2 until Jimmy returns. It's the defense that IMO will surprise most people. They have the makings of a top unit. This is where I think the Rams actually have the edge on the Lions. I think the Ram defense especially their front 7 is better than the Lions.

I wonder how many fans have noted the change in the depth chart nomenclature on the DL. The Rams are going to play with double 3Ts in Turner and Fisk with the true edges being OLBs (JACKS) in Verse and Young. This is why the Rams signed Gallimore who will play behind Brown at NT. This would suggest a 5 man DL of Young, Turner, Brown, Fisk and Verse while playing 2 LBs probably Speights and Hoecht/Hampton. This will make the Rams front hard to run against and to pass block. Personally I like it as it bespeaks of the aggressiveness lacking under Morris. There is no way the average OL will be able to matchup with his DL man to man.

As good as the Lion OL is I don't think they can match up man to man with these guys. QBs aren't going to have much time and double blocking on run downs will be difficult. Yeah it's going to be real interesting how Shula actually plays these guys.

by rdlkgliders
1 week 6 days ago
 Total posts:   6  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Undrafted Free Agent

This has the makings of a great game and a great test. Do I want us to win, of course I do but I am more interested in the following.
Stafford being well protected (I am talking to you Boom)
The run game being effective
Coop looking like Coop
Verse, Fiske, Young, and Kobie looking the part and applying pressure on Goff which is no easy task against a ready and willing Lions O.L.
The new look secondary

I am likely in the minority but Karty doesn't make me warm & fuzzy yet, although I am a fan of his and believe he has long-term answer potential.

It is going to be a long but fun Sunday watching games and awaiting our turn.
Go Rams!

by ramsman34
1 week 6 days ago
 Total posts:   9041  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

rams74 wrote:It's game 1. Couldn't you just TRY to be optimistic? Just a little?

OTOH, maybe this WAS your optimistic version. In that case, never mind.

Anyway, here's my rebuttal: The Rams are going to score 42 points Sunday night.

Damn. No kidding. Max getting salty Wednesday of week 1. lol. I’m with you 74 - let’s wait to see how the defense as a whole plays. Not too concerned at LB. And we will see a lot of 3 safety looks to handle backs in the flat and the TE. And our safeties can tackle. Yes, their run game is legit. But not having E Jones doesn’t change that. Gonna be fun to watch for sure.

• 8 / 16
154 posts Sep 18 2024