127 posts
  • 8 / 13
 by snackdaddy
1 month 1 week ago
 Total posts:   9798  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Not sure how much we can expect from McDermott. He's been cut several times in his career. Most recently in April. On practice squads a couple times. Maybe they can revive his career the way they did Dotson?

by ramsman34
1 month 1 week ago
 Total posts:   9028  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Is he injury depth or are some of the current depth not performing as the team has hoped?

by Elvis
1 month 1 week ago
 Total posts:   39531  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

ramsman34 wrote:Is he injury depth or are some of the current depth not performing as the team has hoped?

Right? I mean they have two tackles out week to week so they're short handed but maybe they're also not super comfortable with McClendon starting in a real game if it comes to that?

by Dare
1 month 1 week ago
 Total posts:   215  
United States of America   Tucson, AZ formerly of San Diego
Rookie

McDermott is a picture of a classic NFL OT career backup. That said he's not a scrub but IMO a serviceable player who can fill in for Havenstein long term. He's who you might look at as a bridge player through this season. IMO regardless of Havenstein's ability to play status this year, it looks like the Rams will cut him loose next year.

McDermott, in some ways, might be a bit of an upgrade to Havenstein and could surprise. He's got better feet, i.e. movement skills to handle speed more so than Rob.

I think it will also put more urgency in coaching up Larson as it's clear McClendon really hasn't developed as hoped. Larson has the athleticism lacking in so many of the Ram's OT options. I think Alaric Jackson can save his career here but he must stay healthy and must improve his run blocking and pass protection technique.

I still think both Alaric and Jonah will also play in week one. The signing of McDermott would seem to point to the hole being at RT this year. It's why I think this year will be to develop Larson into at the very least a good swing OT but also to potentially give them an option at one of the starting positions. Larson has talent he's just painfully raw.

No panic yet but certainly concern long term this year.

by ramsman34
1 month 1 week ago

Ya, they ain’t happy with how the “depth” performed in the joint sesh.

by Elvis
1 month 1 week ago
 Total posts:   39531  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

ramsman34 wrote:Ya, they ain’t happy with how the “depth” performed in the joint sesh.

I agree but i suppose it's possible with all these starters out, they don't want to play Boom, Thomas or McClendon in the the preseason and they just need more bodies...

by ramsman34
1 month 1 week ago

I’m sure that’s part of it. Stetson better hand the ball off a ton. If HE even plays.

• 8 / 13
127 posts Sep 16 2024