105 posts
  • 8 / 11
 by AltiTude Ram
10 months 4 days ago
 Total posts:   2202  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

actionjack wrote:And Maher can be brought up free of charge lol, meaning he doesnt impact the 53 (up to 3 times). Genius move by the Rams to in affect have a 54 man roster.

I agree. A great work around with the 53.

The Rams can play this out until week 4. Either sign him to the 53 at that point or bring in another PS kicker and give him 3 weeks until they find the next Matt Gay. 8-)

I'm not saying that's their plan but they've got 3 weeks to carry him and promote him before they've got to make a 53 roster move.

by ramsww
10 months 3 days ago
 Total posts:   480  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Starter

AltiTude Ram wrote:I agree. A great work around with the 53.

The Rams can play this out until week 4. Either sign him to the 53 at that point or bring in another PS kicker and give him 3 weeks until they find the next Matt Gay. 8-)

I'm not saying that's their plan but they've got 3 weeks to carry him and promote him before they've got to make a 53 roster move.

It would tricky and foolish to go into week 4 without a signed kicker. If they keep Maher on the PS I think they’ll have to make a change in the first 2 weeks or role with Maher yips and all

by PARAM
10 months 3 days ago
 Total posts:   12319  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Does he have the yips this year too? Prolly why they pulled such a smart move.....to find out. And why wouldn't they keep Maher on the PS if they can bring him up every week for the first 3 weeks? Kinda silly not to. Of course if he's nailing 50 yarders +, they'll want to get him off the PS before somebody else in need grabs him. But if he's still got the yips, sayonara. They'll sign somebody else. If he doesn't, he's signed to the 53. Really not foolish, tricky, risky or complicated at all. Knowledgeable, shrewd and savvy would be the proper words to describe this approach. Maybe our offense will be so good, he'll only need to kick PATs. :lol2:

by ramsww
10 months 2 days ago
 Total posts:   480  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Starter

PARAM wrote:Does he have the yips this year too? Prolly why they pulled such a smart move.....to find out. And why wouldn't they keep Maher on the PS if they can bring him up every week for the first 3 weeks? Kinda silly not to. Of course if he's nailing 50 yarders +, they'll want to get him off the PS before somebody else in need grabs him. But if he's still got the yips, sayonara. They'll sign somebody else. If he doesn't, he's signed to the 53. Really not foolish, tricky, risky or complicated at all. Knowledgeable, shrewd and savvy would be the proper words to describe this approach. Maybe our offense will be so good, he'll only need to kick PATs. :lol2:

OK, I know if I say the sky is blue, you’d find an argument but just to be clear, placing the kicker on the PS was not a bad move. Maher had to be OK with this. I also don’t expect them to cut him after week 3 without having signed another Kicker. Your hypothesis seems to be they have 3 weeks free rent (210K annual) on Maher and can simply grab another kicker between week 3 and week 4? If Kupp is out and they go into week 4 without a signed kicker, those crazy stories about AD being traded by the OCT deadline may not be so crazy.

While I’m at it, yes we have WR depth. We don’t have anything close to a #1 WR without Kupp.

by PARAM
10 months 2 days ago
Hall of Fame

ramsww wrote:OK, I know if I say the sky is blue, you’d find an argument but just to be clear, placing the kicker on the PS was not a bad move. Maher had to be OK with this. I also don’t expect them to cut him after week 3 without having signed another Kicker. Your hypothesis seems to be they have 3 weeks free rent (210K annual) on Maher and can simply grab another kicker between week 3 and week 4? If Kupp is out and they go into week 4 without a signed kicker, those crazy stories about AD being traded by the OCT deadline may not be so crazy.

While I’m at it, yes we have WR depth. We don’t have anything close to a #1 WR without Kupp.

So in your opinion, you don't expect them to cut him after week 3 without having signed another kicker but you wanted to make the point, "it would be stupid to go into week 4 without a kicker"? Astute. :idea2:

This just in.....it would be stupid to go into week 4 without a QB!!! :lol2:

And FWIW, if you say the sky is blue, I wouldn't agree with you. That statement doesn't require confirmation just like if you said "rain is wet"!! But by all means carry on Captain Obvious.

by Elvis
10 months 1 day ago
 Total posts:   38917  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

This is someone the Rams have shown interest in before but then again the Rams have shown no interest in spending money at the moment:

by Joe Pendleton
10 months 1 day ago
 Total posts:   1843  
Virgin Islands (USA)   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

man, i wish we could pull this cat!

by ramsman34
10 months 1 day ago
 Total posts:   8683  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

As I stated in the beginning of this thread, THIS is an edge move that would make sense, just not from a current cap standpoint. Kiss some high picks goodbye for this deal. Might be worth it. Him and Young would be a pretty awesome combo and the rotational guys behind could come up to speed at a more reasonable pace.

That said, hard to see this happening.

by PARAM
10 months 1 day ago
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:This is someone the Rams have shown interest in before but then again the Rams have shown no interest in spending money at the moment:

He doesn't want just MONEY. He wants a BOATLOAD of MONEY. It wouldn't surprise me if they used some of that 2024 money to get him though. Trade Nick Hampton, Ochan Mathis and a 2024 second round pick......if Carolina is like the talking heads and many Ram fans, they'll figure that's bound to be pick 35. :D

by ramsman34
10 months 1 day ago
 Total posts:   8683  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Bro, If they could not give up a 1 that would be incredible. Unlikely, but….also they would then need to bring up K Thomas to have enough edge players.

• 8 / 11
105 posts Jul 06 2024