96 posts
  • 8 / 10
 by RedAlice
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:The walk thing could get dicey.

Thanks Hacksaw and Sportser, forgot the actual location.

by ziggy
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   597  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

Found this tidbit. Makes me feel like bicycles will be allowed and will not require a parking pass to enter the Sofi Parking lots. I'll take pictures next time I'm able, but there were white bike racks in the blue lot that were steps away (maybe 20-30 ft) from gate 8 right in front of SOFI on the south side.

https://www.sofistadium.com/parking-information/
(search the page for bicycle parking)

I did notice quite a bit of foot traffic (there are porta-potties right there) -- which is why I recommend a nice cover. It'll just keep the lookie-loos and randoms from messing with your bike.

by DirtyFacedKid
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   973  
United States of America   San Clemente
Veteran

Sportster wrote:If there was adequate availability for Rideshare could you share if the area is set up adequately to arrive and depart smoothly?

Also would you share what you would share with the driver as for them to arrive at the right spot?

There is always a price to being the "first". :D

Thanks for anything you could share.

So the rideshare area is clearly defined, but no cars were showing up and Uber continually failed to connect to a driver. We walked offsite and connected with one. The driver told us that SoFi made it next to impossible to get into the rideshare pickup/drop-off area and said, next time, to walk over to Manchester and call one from there. It's wide open, according to him.

Saturday, I'll have them drop us off at Manchester. I don't want SoFi to become "a thing" for these drivers because they'll end up turning down these rides and make it even more difficult.

by DirtyFacedKid
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   973  
United States of America   San Clemente
Veteran

Sportster wrote:Nothing like getting suggestions from the pros that do the work.

Thanks for the info.

You said you walked to Prairie and Century. How was the traffic on Century? One direction better than the other?

Appreciate your perspectives. This specific topic will really help others.

Century was jammed both directions since Prairie is one of the main outlets and Century the closest major southern cross street. In fact, our driver asked that we meet him across Century on Prairie so he didn't have to deal with it.

by Elvis
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   38917  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Leaving to the north, signs told us to go to Florence while Manchester did appear to be wide open...

by LARams_1963
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   1191  
United States of America   North Port, FL
Pro Bowl

10:01 wrote:Did anyone tailgate? I saw a few pictures and it looked awful, people basically had their tents over their cars.
Yeah we tailgated. If you have a small car you could probably fit a 10x10 canopy behind you. I have a F150 and only have about 7' behind me before you hit the "Red" lines for the fire lane. Another thing that sucks is no charcoal BBQ's are allowed. Only propane. I'm trying not to get too discouraged because we will only catch 6 games this season because of our Florida move. If we weren't moving, I'd be seriously bummed at the overall tailgating/parking scenario.

by halftrojan
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   42  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Undrafted Free Agent

Anyone have any idea of how many of the parking spaces in Pink Lot are tailgating spots?

Wondering how early I need to get there to get a tailgate spot.

by LARams_1963
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   1191  
United States of America   North Port, FL
Pro Bowl

halftrojan wrote:Anyone have any idea of how many of the parking spaces in Pink Lot are tailgating spots?

Wondering how early I need to get there to get a tailgate spot.
The whole lot is tailgating

by St. Loser Fan
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   10608  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

LARams_1963 wrote:The whole lot is tailgating

Are there any spots better than others? At Arrowhead in KC the most desired spots are further away from the stadium but have a grass median in front of the spot. Those are the ones the hardcores line up for at 6am (for a noon start) and rush for.

• 8 / 10
96 posts Jul 08 2024