69 posts
  • 7 / 7
 by RamsFanSince82
7 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

I was a big fan, but I thought he would be available in the third round. After Engram went fairly early in the first round, that was probably wishful thinking.

by Hacksaw_64
7 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2686  
United States of America   Inglewood, CA

Myles Simmons‏ @MylesASimmons
TE obviously a big part of McVay's offense. Team seems to see Everett as a strong candidate to create mismatches.

Evan Silva‏@evansilva
Stood out when watching Gerald Everett that he was better blocker than I expected. Basketball-player athlete. Liked his tape > Bucky Hodges.

J.B. Long‏@JB_Long
4.62 forty … 37.5” vertical … former prep hoops player. Went from Hutchinson CC to Birmingham (cut program) to S. Alabama. #HornsUp

Albert Breer‏@AlbertBreer
One coach on Rams' pick: "Everett's a poor man's Engram -- he'll play the (Jordan) Reed role for McVay."

Joe Curley‏@vcsjoecurley
Everett is a 6-foot-3, 239-pound pass catching TE. Had 107 catches on 162 targets for 1,587 yards and 13 TDs in 3 years at South Alabama

From Matt Bowen--TE Gerald Everett had a good week at Senior Bowl workouts. Route running and open field ability after the catch. At 239 pounds, with 4.6 speed, Everett will play an H-Back/Slot role in the Rams offense.

Casey Pearce‏ @ccpearce
Rams fans, I saw Everett go 80 yards up the seam for a TD against my Red Wolves. Great play, great player.

From PFF--

Rams long draft wait finally ends
The Rams didn’t have a first-round pick to spend since it was traded away last year, so they waited until the second round and picked up the talented Gerald Everett. The Rams were in desperate need of weapons for second-year QB Jared Goff, and Everett will be a nice, moveable target. Everett is the type of tight end that can be best utilized out in the slot, where he caught 29 of his passes last season. Everett can also rack up yards after the catch, averaging 9.1 yards after the catch per reception in each of the last two seasons. — Jordan Plocher, @PFF_Jordan

by RedAlice
7 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:And take a RB

Right!? They already have Ingram and AP....

by RedAlice
7 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:

And so we have a matching QB/WR set of young little blonde cuties... :)

• 7 / 7
69 posts Jul 01 2024